Good bye and good riddens to shaking hands.

The stupid tradition shall now slowly fade out of existence thankfully. I never saw the value. Our church also voted to end it. Thank you!!!!!!!
I never really cared for it, myself. I don't know where they had their hands last, ya know? Plus it doesn't help that it hurts...due to my RA. Some people think a strong handshake that is "firm" shows strength. Um. No. Old people don't need firmness, lol. Personally, a nod should suffice along with a smile.

However..I never turned away from someone holding out their hand. I just never took the initiative and did the nod/smile. Now, though, I tell me problem with bones being crunched. Sometimes I laugh it off and say "lets do the hollyweird muah muah from a distance". :D

..I like the bowing stuff
..if someone doesn't return your bow, you can cut the other person's head off
1589722657004.png

The stupid tradition shall now slowly fade out of existence thankfully. I never saw the value. Our church also voted to end it. Thank you!!!!!!!
I never really cared for it, myself. I don't know where they had their hands last, ya know? Plus it doesn't help that it hurts...due to my RA. Some people think a strong handshake that is "firm" shows strength. Um. No. Old people don't need firmness, lol. Personally, a nod should suffice along with a smile.

A firm handshake with men shows good character,along with looking them in the eye when doing so.
Nothing I cant stand more than a dead fish handshake.

This is going to make future commerce very difficult. Until you shake the car salesman's hand on it, you haven't bought the car. It will make politics very difficult as well, where the tradition is to kiss a lot of ugly babies as well as shake a lot of greasy hands, if you want to win.

My guess is that handshaking will be back in vogue within a year. Unless we go European and start hugging, but I don't see that.

I'm very particular about who I shake hands with. In almost every instance, it's a senior citizen.

In the south your handshake is your word
Informative :)
Informative? You mean that is not the case in other places? Can understand individual people cannot be trusted anywhere (such trump) but to be unfamiliar that your hand shake is your word and your word is your bond? You should move.

In the south your handshake is your word
Informative :)
Informative? You mean that is not the case in other places? Can understand individual people cannot be trusted anywhere (such trump) but to be unfamiliar that your hand shake is your word and your word is your bond? You should move.
In some places shaking hands is nothing more than a habit! :dunno:
Move south young lady. I shake hands mostly when extended, but there are people I do not and will not extend the courtesy to, as I already know of their character. I have no need for people who will smile in your face, but you know they cannot be trusted, and are therefore unworthy of this courtesy among men of good will.

Forum List

Back