Good and Bad

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The good is that I've been working out, for over 6 months. I've only lost about 20 pounds, but have dropped way more in inches and strength. At any age, that is a good thing. The better, over the past couple weeks, my students and fellow staff members have been noticing. ;) It's pretty weird being 50 something and having an 8th grade boy asking if I'm 'working out, cause I'm looking more buff.' :eusa_dance: I laughed and he said, "No really, you wore those pants when we were in 6th grade and I know they are way loose. You are moving quicker too, like when you were kicking ********** out of class." LOL!

Truth is, until last week, I stuck to water, whether it was Tai Chi or just swimming laps. Then came last week, to the horror of my son. I'd been on him for 2 months to help me figure out the machines upstairs. Finally, he agreed, under threat of eviction. First was the 'walking/jogging/running' machines. Mine, 2.7 mph. His, 7 something per hour. 20 minutes, I didn't faint. He was puffing, but didn't decrease. Then he helped me with what I didn't understand. *sigh*

There was some apperatus that looked like bicycle handles. I couldn't reach. He pulled it down. 20 lbs. nearly pulled me off the ground. Then he switched weights to 10, still nearly put me airborne. Then he said, 'let's see w/o weights if you can control and rep. LOL. 10 times and with pain. He sighed.

Tummy stuff was worse. Though I rock in water! LOL!

He was embarrassed, I was like, "You gotta start somewhere." I'm starting at the beginning. I'll keep working at these. In June, pilates, here I come!

I earned many trophies/ribbons for both gymnastics and swim team as a kid. I'm determined to get in the best shape I can as an oldster. I think this is probably my best bet for quitting smoking. Damn it's hard to be underwater when one has too little breath!

You go girl!!!!

I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago.... tough to do but I did it cold turkey. It's great. Started dieting about 3 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 20 lbs. Forty more to go...lol. Started exercising again after a long layoff .... boxing/kickboxing 3 times a week and fencing twice a week, with a few hours of weight training sprinkled in. Walking every chance at lunch too for 30 - 45 mins.

People are noticing too...kinda nice really.

You go girl!!!!

I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago.... tough to do but I did it cold turkey. It's great. Started dieting about 3 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 20 lbs. Forty more to go...lol. Started exercising again after a long layoff .... boxing/kickboxing 3 times a week and fencing twice a week, with a few hours of weight training sprinkled in. Walking every chance at lunch too for 30 - 45 mins.

People are noticing too...kinda nice really.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not quite ready to quit smoking yet, but now I'm getting daily reminders why I should. Breathing being a real loud one! Then there is the issue of looks. Not so much for anyone else, but myself. I jumped to a size 10 last fall. That was enough to get me to join the health club. Now I'm determined to get back to a 6, not so long ago.

Thanks to the f-ups in fashion, I've already gone to an 8 and could 'squish' into a 6. Not near where I want to be.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not quite ready to quit smoking yet, but now I'm getting daily reminders why I should. Breathing being a real loud one! Then there is the issue of looks. Not so much for anyone else, but myself. I jumped to a size 10 last fall. That was enough to get me to join the health club. Now I'm determined to get back to a 6, not so long ago.

Thanks to the f-ups in fashion, I've already gone to an 8 and could 'squish' into a 6. Not near where I want to be.

I know what you mean! I am just now understanding what it feels like to be able to breathe...I forgot after forty years of smoking. As for clothing...I hav e lost about 2 inches off the waist so far (still look like a fat old guy) and am getting some real muscle tone back. I haven't got 6-pack abs (yet) but it's not "beer keg" abs either.

Hang in there. We'll be beautiful people together!

Congrats to both of you! I'm also in process on getting back in shape. I went through a tough time in the early '00s, put on some weight - and have now taken most of it off. I have about 5-6 pounds to go. My next focus is going to be upping the fitness routine - you are inspiring me!

Congrats to both of you! I'm also in process on getting back in shape. I went through a tough time in the early '00s, put on some weight - and have now taken most of it off. I have about 5-6 pounds to go. My next focus is going to be upping the fitness routine - you are inspiring me!

Very cool! I wish I had only 5-6 pounds to go!

Very cool! I wish I had only 5-6 pounds to go!

I joined Weight Watchers - the program works! I'm now back to healthy food choices and reasonable portions. I am never letting myself get out of shape like that again.

The good is that I've been working out, for over 6 months. I've only lost about 20 pounds, but have dropped way more in inches and strength. At any age, that is a good thing. The better, over the past couple weeks, my students and fellow staff members have been noticing. ;) It's pretty weird being 50 something and having an 8th grade boy asking if I'm 'working out, cause I'm looking more buff.' :eusa_dance: I laughed and he said, "No really, you wore those pants when we were in 6th grade and I know they are way loose. You are moving quicker too, like when you were kicking ********** out of class." LOL!

That's great Kathianne. But now that you've shared something personal with me, let me share something personal with you...

rooster.jpg

It's a picture of my cock!!!!!

:eusa_dance:

Good work. My only thought is that you might want to stay away from the "walking/jogging/running machines" and just stay in the water for cardiac stuff. It's not that those things are bad for you, but the strain can promote arthritis. Stick to swimming and you'll get a cardiac workout that's probably better overall while minimizing bone damage.

Good work. My only thought is that you might want to stay away from the "walking/jogging/running machines" and just stay in the water for cardiac stuff. It's not that those things are bad for you, but the strain can promote arthritis. Stick to swimming and you'll get a cardiac workout that's probably better overall while minimizing bone damage.

That's how I started out. Now I want to do the other. Pretty much 3 days swimming, 2 machines.

watch out for those slick talking 8th grade boys i know i used to be one
8th grade boy >you look more buff >translation> i want to do you....baby

No way! :cuckoo: :)

Then they are sicker than sick. No one normal would have a grandma thing. I'm not a 22 year old. Seriously, my 'kids' even the 8th graders, the toughest class I've had, are basically decent kids, at least individually. They just noticed that I'm losing weight and moving better, nothing sick.

Forum List

Back