Gold medal for Israel

What? The guy isn't a Jew? I know he is a Jew or he wouldn't be permitted to represent Israel. I know he jumps around, he is a gymnast.

So...what is the controversy?
You’re not allowed to make fun of Jews in any way. They’re “special”.

You’re not allowed to make fun of Jews in any way.

You can try ... but, to date, I've never actually seen you write anything funny.

But ... time will tell ... like an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters.

The only requirement to be on the Israeli Olympic Team is to be an Israeli citizen. More than 25% of Israeli citizens are NOT Jewish.
Oh I didn't know that. So is this guy a Jew?
Edit: looked it up. Half a Jew, but lives in Israel...so.

I give you

Artem The Jumping Jew!

Last edited:
No such thing. Jewish identity isn't genetic.
Whatever dude...that's your thing with all the specifics. Cat's from Israel, his dad's a Jew...he's a Jew in my book.

Artem....The Jumping JEWWWWWW!!!

That's actually kind of a cool nickname.

Besides what goes with Israeli that's gymnastics related?

I can't think of anything.

Artem...the Improvising Israeli!!!

nah that sucks

Not according to Jewish Law. His mother would have to be Jewish.
I'm citing the the Sammy Davis Jr. clause your honor.

Black, converted, died and buried a Jew.

If Sammy can do it, Ukranian born Artem with a Jewish father, who not only resides in Israel, but is serving his adopted nation in the Olympics.

Jew or no Jew?

10 Extremely Jewish.

Precisely, any convert to Judaism is a Jew. But, converting to Judaism is much more complex than eating a cracker and taking a swim... it takes years of study.
I wonder whether this was the Ivanka path to make her children absolutely Jewish...

Many liberal rabbis will perform a conversion for the sake of an upcoming marriage, reasoning that exposure to Judaism in the context of an intimate relationship is likely to inspire such a convert to eventually accept Judaism for its own sake. Even the process of conversion is a matter of contention among the movements.

Forum List

Back