CDZ Going to suggest a solution

Actually the Globalists would think consistency is great for trade....

That's what I was indicating when I said their increasing control would lead to consistency.

Your way produces a consistency driven from within, whereas the globalist/technocrat control represents a consistency imposed from without.

I posted this on the politics forum and it descended into a mud sling fest. My bad. I would love some actual feedback, constructive.

We seem to have hit an impasse politically.... Moderates are are threatened with primaries and compromise is considered evil.

Here is a possible solution.

Congress
Congressional elections would consist of 3-5 seat districts with preference voting. This is very common around the world. This would mean in effect that the two main parties would be running multiple candidates in all districts. Smaller parties and independents could also flourish as they would have better chance at the polls. Each big party has to run a big tent and put up with undesirables, this would mean rather than surrendering the middle ground, extremists in each party would be allow to splinter.
Your vote would would be given to the candidate in your highest preference. If he/she gets eliminated your vote goes to your next choice.
The voter would get more choice and doesn't have to waste there vote on a non viable candidate in the fear that there enemy winning. You vote who you want and your vote goes to that person. Here is an example of an election count

1612570890158.png

This is a 5 seater. Quota is set at Total valid votes/(number of seats +1)... This means if get to the quota you are elected and your surplus is then divided out (can explain that more if needed).
First count just counts all votes as normal, from there they discount the bottom ones and share out the next preference still in the race until a quota is reached. When some one gets elected there surplus over the quota is shared.
Big advantage is negative campaigning is far less effective, being positive reaps more as gain. You get elected usually by a lot of peoples second and third preferences. Incumbents don't usually get primaried as you see the bigger parties Fianna Fail and Fine Gail have 3 candidates each. So when elected they try and work for every one.
This also means there is no death districts... In liberal area GOP would looking for the last seat and visa versa...

Senate (possibly)
Run in the same manner but two seats could go up at the same time... So in California Republicans would trying to get the second seat and the Democrats could be looking for a shut out and visa vera in West Virgina...

It is just a thought...

I want to see what the pros and cons from your point of view would be... Try and not mention past arguments just how would you see if this was in place...

48 states have Winner Take All rules re electoral college votes, and both Democrats and Republicans have deep pockets and use them to keep other Parties off the ballots in all 50 states. There is zero chance of any peaceful 'regime change' here; it's far more likely to occur in Russia or North Korea than in the U.S. The Democrats solved their problems with uppity unwashed proles choosing the 'wrong candidates' with their 'Super Delegate' rules in the 1980's, and the GOP at long last will do the same before the next Residential election year, count on it.

Venezuela is our future political model now, forget democracy and common sense; that's all gone and it ain't coming back. Learn Mandarin and learn to rat out your neighbors for your own personal gain. The Democrats already have and most Republicans leaders are on board with that.

That is not true by any stretch of the imagination.

You can change the system but you can’t change the nature of politicians it might take them a little while but they would make the new system as corrupt as the old one. Interesting topic but I don’t see those in power going for a system that would limit or reduce there power. Hell we can’t even get term limits for members of Congress passed.

I posted this on the politics forum and it descended into a mud sling fest. My bad. I would love some actual feedback, constructive.

We seem to have hit an impasse politically.... Moderates are are threatened with primaries and compromise is considered evil.

Here is a possible solution.

Congress
Congressional elections would consist of 3-5 seat districts with preference voting. This is very common around the world. This would mean in effect that the two main parties would be running multiple candidates in all districts. Smaller parties and independents could also flourish as they would have better chance at the polls. Each big party has to run a big tent and put up with undesirables, this would mean rather than surrendering the middle ground, extremists in each party would be allow to splinter.
Your vote would would be given to the candidate in your highest preference. If he/she gets eliminated your vote goes to your next choice.
The voter would get more choice and doesn't have to waste there vote on a non viable candidate in the fear that there enemy winning. You vote who you want and your vote goes to that person. Here is an example of an election count

1612570890158.png

This is a 5 seater. Quota is set at Total valid votes/(number of seats +1)... This means if get to the quota you are elected and your surplus is then divided out (can explain that more if needed).
First count just counts all votes as normal, from there they discount the bottom ones and share out the next preference still in the race until a quota is reached. When some one gets elected there surplus over the quota is shared.
Big advantage is negative campaigning is far less effective, being positive reaps more as gain. You get elected usually by a lot of peoples second and third preferences. Incumbents don't usually get primaried as you see the bigger parties Fianna Fail and Fine Gail have 3 candidates each. So when elected they try and work for every one.
This also means there is no death districts... In liberal area GOP would looking for the last seat and visa versa...

Senate (possibly)
Run in the same manner but two seats could go up at the same time... So in California Republicans would trying to get the second seat and the Democrats could be looking for a shut out and visa vera in West Virgina...

It is just a thought...

I want to see what the pros and cons from your point of view would be... Try and not mention past arguments just how would you see if this was in place...

beings youre not an american I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself,,,

So you don't want to discuss how a vast majority of the world runs there elections...

This type of system is what the US put in Iraq...

Do you not find it interesting that the US selected this for another country?

Why do you feel so threatened by a new idea?

our problem is our politicians are corrupt and know they are rigging the system and have no plan to allow any change that would take away their power,,

until both parties are banned from fed politics nothing will change,,, and if it is changed they will corrupt that too,,,

and the constitution is fine how it is,,
The problem is only one party is corrupt and treasonous and a giveaway to the greedy idiot GOP rich disgrace which is only powerful because of pure crap propaganda and misinformation, brainwashed functional moron.

Forum List

Back