Going North to Seattle, the rush is on

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
That's right folks, you have heard it here first. My lovely wife and I are heading north to Seattle on the big labor weekend, taking a drive from SLO to let it all sink in.

See, we lived in the NW before moving here to be with my parents, and it is ok, but my wife pines for the northwest, who can blame her?? I also miss our time up there, even though I am a native here in SLO, the NW is a place all unto itself.

We are still considering moving back up (NOTE: love dmp's and all other posters pics of seattle and NW) as my wife family is in Canada and I have some family in Seattle. She has been offered a job there, she actually turned it down before because we had to stay here because of my lovely exam I have not been able to pass, and she called the lady contact she had there about where to eat in Seattle and they said that they were still interested in her and to call the boss when she got back from vacation. Pretty cool.

Anyways, we are only going up to visit, incognieto, because we need to decide for ourselves, after living in Salem and WW, if Seattle is really where we want to be. Especially living in SLO, nice small town, big U, on the coast, but not in the NW. Plus, my boss wants to expand his practice and doesn't need me to have the exam right now, cause he is making the big ol' bank off me. Though I get paid well mind you.

Anyhoooo, just thought I would let you guys know, cause I have mentioned it to a couple of folks here about my desire to be back in the NW.

Should be a fun trip. We got this marriot courtyard thing, it is Bothell because this is the closest good thing we could get to Kirkland, where we want to live should we go there. Have Kayak reservations on Sunday for Lake Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, paddling the bays here is ok, but the lakes in WA, get out here.

That's right folks, you have heard it here first. My lovely wife and I are heading north to Seattle on the big labor weekend, taking a drive from SLO to let it all sink in.

See, we lived in the NW before moving here to be with my parents, and it is ok, but my wife pines for the northwest, who can blame her?? I also miss our time up there, even though I am a native here in SLO, the NW is a place all unto itself.

We are still considering moving back up (NOTE: love dmp's and all other posters pics of seattle and NW) as my wife family is in Canada and I have some family in Seattle. She has been offered a job there, she actually turned it down before because we had to stay here because of my lovely exam I have not been able to pass, and she called the lady contact she had there about where to eat in Seattle and they said that they were still interested in her and to call the boss when she got back from vacation. Pretty cool.

Anyways, we are only going up to visit, incognieto, because we need to decide for ourselves, after living in Salem and WW, if Seattle is really where we want to be. Especially living in SLO, nice small town, big U, on the coast, but not in the NW. Plus, my boss wants to expand his practice and doesn't need me to have the exam right now, cause he is making the big ol' bank off me. Though I get paid well mind you.

Anyhoooo, just thought I would let you guys know, cause I have mentioned it to a couple of folks here about my desire to be back in the NW.

Should be a fun trip. We got this marriot courtyard thing, it is Bothell because this is the closest good thing we could get to Kirkland, where we want to live should we go there. Have Kayak reservations on Sunday for Lake Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, paddling the bays here is ok, but the lakes in WA, get out here.

Have a wonderful trip! Sounds like you will. Take pics?

It sounds like you know the area around Seattle pretty well, so you probably know to avoid King County. Home prices there are outrageous and show little signs of slowing down. If you do move up here, consider Snohomish or Pierce counties.

Forum List

Back