Going For The Snow Day

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Cross your fingers, while I'm tempted to ask for prayers, I do know that is wrong. Still and all:

http://weather.yahoo.com/storm/USIL1259.html

/O.EXB.KLOT.WW.Y.0006.061201T0154Z-061201T0600Z/
/O.CON.KLOT.WS.W.0002.061201T0600Z-061201T1800Z/
DE KALB-KANE-DUPAGE-COOK-LA SALLE-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-
LIVINGSTON-IROQUOIS-FORD-LAKE INDIANA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DEKALB...AURORA...CHICAGO...OTTAWA...
OSWEGO...MORRIS...JOLIET...KANKAKEE...PONTIAC...WATSEKA...
PAXTON...GARY
754 PM CST THU NOV 30 2006

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
TO 12 PM CST FRIDAY...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT...

A MIXTURE OF FREEZING DRIZZLE...SLEET AND SNOW WILL MAKE TRAVEL
HAZARDOUS THIS EVENING...MAINLY SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM LA SALLE
TO CHICAGO. MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO ALL SNOW OVERNIGHT
AND BECOME HEAVY BY MORNING.

SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 6 TO 13 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS A LARGE
PART OF NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST ILLINOIS AND FAR NORTHWEST
INDIANA BY NOON FRIDAY.

SNOW WILL BE HEAVIEST DURING THE MORNING RUSH HOUR FROM ABOUT 300
AM THROUGH 900 AM. SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE LIKELY
AT THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM AND LIGHTNING AND THUNDER ARE POSSIBLE.

THE HIGHEST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 10 TO 13 INCHES ARE EXPECTED IN A
CORRIDOR FROM OTTAWA TO ELGIN. 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED FURTHER
NORTHWEST FROM POLO TO ROCKFORD AND ALSO EAST OF I-55 FROM GIBSON
CITY TO KANKAKEE TO GARY. FURTHER EAST FROM WATSEKA TO VALPARAISO
SNOWFALL TOTALS WILL BE 3 TO 6 INCHES.

NORTHEAST WINDS WILL BECOME NORTH AND INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH BY
FRIDAY MORNING. WINDS WILL TURN MORE NORTHWESTERLY BY FRIDAY
AFTERNOON AND GUST AS HIGH AS 40 MPH. THIS WILL CAUSE CONSIDERABLE
BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW WITH NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. THIS
WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN RURAL
AREAS.

THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM. AVOID TRAVEL LATE TONIGHT AND
ESPECIALLY DURING MORNING RUSH HOUR FRIDAY.

It's past midnight here and it's still 70. I wore shorts. I love the south. What's funny is that my warm spell and your blizzard were probably both caused by global warming...

It's past midnight here and it's still 70. I wore shorts. I love the south. What's funny is that my warm spell and your blizzard were probably both caused by global warming...

Well just about 5 am. There's enough snow to make driving a bitc*, but not enough to cancel school. So, arrrrgggg!!!!

Hey Kat, your wishing for snow is helping us, up here........ Stop it.....Just kidding..
Actually we need more snow for insulation for our septics in case of -50below in late Dec. and Jan.
If freezie, no flushie......Suckie..

We probably only have about a foot of snow, if that...

I just ran outside in my stocking feet and took these.
dang I hate wet socks..........3:13 am.....Friday, Dec. 1st........

MVC-405S.jpg

MVC-406S.jpg

MVC-407S.jpg

:cheers2:

Hey Kat, your wishing for snow is helping us, up here........ Stop it.....Just kidding..
Actually we need more snow for insulation for our septics in case of -50below in late Dec. and Jan.

MVC-405S.jpg

MVC-406S.jpg

MVC-407S.jpg

I am SOOO happy! Mean me, I made the kids bring home all they needed for work due on Monday! :laugh:

:dance:

Stephanie... you crazy girl... I still haven't figured out why in God's name ANYONE would WILLFULLY live up there.... ppphhhheeewwww!

But... HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPH!!!

LOL Still 65 here, but in a few hours we're supposed to get walluped with dangerous winds and thunder storms.

But hey snowday for you Yippie..... :)

LOL Still 65 here, but in a few hours we're supposed to get walluped with dangerous winds and thunder storms.

But hey snowday for you Yippie..... :)

I noticed all day, that front bearing down on the Northeast, once it was finished with us. Seeing those high temps, with that cold air coming, one knew you were in for rough weather.

We were lucky, two days before the big stormfront, it rained, then temps started falling. We only were going from 40's to upper 20's-30's. Not so dramatic.

Hope it didn't harm you or yours.

The only thing better than a Friday snow day is a Monday snow day. Hope you had a great day (and by that I mean that you stayed under the covers!)

Pretty much did stay under covers, once I dug out the cars in the driveway. Finished 3 books. (btw, does anyone else read several books at the same time, even if your not in school?)

I am SOOO happy! Mean me, I made the kids bring home all they needed for work due on Monday! :laugh:

:dance:

You couldn't just let them enjoy their snow day, could you?

:D

It all passed just north of us. :( All we saw was a few flurries. I was hoping for at least an inch, so I could have some snow in my Cmas pic of the kids. Oh well.

Pretty much did stay under covers, once I dug out the cars in the driveway. Finished 3 books. (btw, does anyone else read several books at the same time, even if your not in school?)

:raising hand: I do, I do!

Right now, I'm reading Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs, and Revelation in the Bible. Don't have time for anything else right now with Cmas shopping. But, my best friend is going to lend me Stormie O'Martian's autobiography when I see her next, and I want to get the Politically Incorrect Guide to History. I'll never read all the books on my list. I finish one book, and three more have been added. :)

Yuppers, Kathianne. I love to read a few at a time. I never know what reading genre I will be into any given night.

I'm reading 4 books right now. Three are non-fiction, one fiction. What I do not do is read two fiction books at the same time. I like my good stories one at at a time.

Two non-fiction books are about college admissions pratices and what high school kids are going through. The latest non-fiction is a very funny sort-of biographical book by comedian/writer Larry Miller, titled Spoiled Rotten America: Outrages of Everyday Life.
I am about to pick up from the library a book of letters between John Adams, Abigail Adams and Thomas Jefferson.

Forum List

Back