Godspeed Bootneck

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Bootneck is leaving us in a few hours. May he find his enemy Per Mare, Per Terram. May this deployment seem as short as the last and may God's great hand protect this warrior from harm's way. Godspeed Bootneck and good hunting.

HOORAH!

The leave is always too short.

See you when you get back again Boot, and again remember, let the frenchies volunteer. ;)

The Royal Marines Ethos equals Individual Commando Spirit and Collective Group Values of:

Courage
Unity
Determination
Adaptability
Unselfishness
Humility
Cheerfulness in the face of adversity
Professional Standards
Fortitude
Commando Humour

RoyalMarineBadge.png

Godspeed, September will be here before we know it!

Thank you for your service. I remember the motto on a coffee mug I purchased when I was in Portsmouth, England and was aboard Lord Nelson's flag ship. The quote was "England expects that every man do his duty." I am sure you will make the Queen proud. Speaking as an American, thanks for giving us a hand. This is not a popular war but unfortunately, one that must be fought.

Boot!

Your leave was short, your humor long
And now again, you will be gone
But before you know it, you'll be back to stay
To make us laugh, and joke and play
May God watch over you and your mates
And send you back swiftly, and not one day late
Keep about you your wits and be of good cheer
When you get back on home ground I will buy you a beer!

Take care and know you will be missed.

The Royal Marine Prayer:

O Eternal Lord God, who through many generations hast united and inspired the members of our Corps, grant thy blessing, we beseech thee, on Royal Marines serving all around the Globe. Bestow Thy Crown of Righteousness upon all our efforts and endeavours, and may our Laurels be those of gallantry and honour, loyalty and courage. We ask these things in the name of Him, whose courage never failed, our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Just over an hour before they ship us out, so, before I go I just wanted to say cheerio to you all and thank you one and all for your support and friendship. I'm proud to call you mates. See you in the fall.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat.
Go raibh cóir na gaoithe i gcónaí leat.
Go dtaitní an ghrian go bog bláth ar do chlár éadain,
go dtite an bháisteach go bog mín ar do ghoirt.
Agus go gcasfar le chéile sinn arís,
go gcoinní Dia i mbois a láimhe thú.

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

The light of God surrounds you,
The love of God enfolds you,
The power of God protects you,
And the presence of God watches over you;
Wherever you are, God is.
Amen.

If the Talaban knew how funny Bootneck was they would just surrender and have a good time.

I am sure he would rather make them laugh than kill them but the idiot rock throwers just won't give him the option.

Forum List

Back