God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

If I was certain it was human life then I would not kill it, At some point that does become certain but how and when and by whom is another of myriads off tough calls.

A "citizen" and a "person" are not always the same and the 14th Amendment is clear on that. See Yick Wo vs. Hopkins. You do not have to be a "citizen" to have a right to the equal protections of our laws under the 14th Amendment.

You only need to be a "person."

And, just so you know the 14th Amendment rights was at the root of Wo vs. Hopkins Supreme Court decision and none of the parties involved had anything to do with slavery.
Well, that's the problem. Some lawyers are misappropriating the Constitution to legislate from the bench.

Sotomayor addresses the elephant in the room:

“How is your interest anything but a religious view?” Sotomayor asked of the state’s attempt to define when life begins. - MJ

Of course, the 6 conservative justices and the state will avoid this issue like the plague.

It would be refreshing to me for people to begin voting again on truly vested interests. We used to see this when there were true economic differences in parties, but now the party that wins both congress and the WH is the party that turns out it's own in states it cannot lose, and captures suburban swing votes in the 6 or 7 states that actually decide elections.

Even vietnam didn't really make a difference. But once the dems under Carter embraced using the Fed to engineer recessions over inflation ... wages are relatively flat, while the rich earn more per capita, and taxes apply more and more the the rich, but rise slower than their incomes by percentage.

But nobody really cares because .... we have the soma

How will making abortion illegal affect your life.. assuming you are a man?

How will making abortion illegal affect your life.. assuming you are a man?
I love my wife and daughter, and want women to have equal power in society compared to men. But because of human reproduction, it is usually the female who sacrifices MORE in life choices and financial benefits in child rearing. IF women in general have fewer RIGHTS, then imo society overall suffers.

And if women and children were better treated under the laws, there'd be fewer abortions.

So now the argument on the table is that men should have control over abortions, because:

They might get a woman pregnant someday, and she might get an abortion without their consent. And that would hurt their feelings.

So apparently this trump's the woman's control over herself.

How can anybody say this shit with a straight face?

New Topics

Forum List

Back