God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

That sounds like a threat of violence. Is that the default position of Democrats these days? “Vote the way we demand, or there will be blood in the streets!”
Nah, you're a bad actor. You don't think that. Just a bunch of shameless liars looking for reasons to justify your own bad behavior.

Contraception should be used before sex, not the morning after. That's why the morning after pill is called Plan B.

Plan A is using birth control BEFORE sex.

I think the long term solution to abortion is more contraception education. According to the pro-choice Guttmacher Institute, almost half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during the sex act which led to the pregnancy. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

The morning after pill is a good idea in cases of rape. In fact, it is offered to rape victims now.
So maybe funding for Planned Parenthood should be increased?

It all depends on how your frame the issue.
True:
While public support for legal abortion has fluctuated some in two decades of polling, it has remained relatively stable over the past five years. Currently, 59% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 39% say it should be illegal in all or most cases.
ft_2021.05.06_abortion_01.png

So maybe funding for Planned Parenthood should be increased?

No. Even though the money for PP is banned from being used to fund abortions, money is fungible.

If I was addicted to cigarettes, and hungry, and only had enough for one or the other, and then you gave me money and told me I could only use it to buy food and not use it to buy cigarettes, you just enabled me to buy both.

I've said many times that I don't understand why pro-lifers don't open women's health clinics across the street from every Planned Parenthood and perform all the same services, sans abortion, and then demand federal funding to match Planned Parenthood's federal funding.

I've said many times that I don't understand why pro-lifers don't open women's health clinics across the street from every Planned Parenthood and perform all the same services, sans abortion, and then demand federal funding to match Planned Parenthood's federal funding.
Simple answer...they don't actually give a shit about pregnant women

True:
While public support for legal abortion has fluctuated some in two decades of polling, it has remained relatively stable over the past five years. Currently, 59% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, while 39% say it should be illegal in all or most cases.
ft_2021.05.06_abortion_01.png
LIke I said, and showed you in a subsequent post, the split between those who self-identify as "pro-life" and "pro-choice" is evenly split.

And a supermajority oppose abortions beyond the first trimester, which is counter to Roe v. Wade.

Be careful what you wish for. Pro-choice is the majority position in the US. If it is eliminated the backlash might put the Dems is power and allow them to fundamentally change the laws governing, not only abortion, but many other Dem favorites.
And don't suppose only Dem women support abortion rights. I am VERY conservative on most issues, but I am in favor of abortion freedom, generously interpreted. It's a feminist issue: Men of course want women to have to bring up their illicit get at our own expense for 18 years ----

And it's a racial issue. Black women use abortion services BY FAR more than white women, so why you Rightwing guys want lots more black males running around, I can't imagine.

The backlash could be great enough for a lot of state legislatures to be turned from red to blue.

The ripple effects of that would be enormous.

Redistricting, for example, is determined by the legislature. Think about what that would mean.
I agree --- the right is crazy if it does this.

Forum List

Back