God I hope the GOP Supreme Court overturns Roe

I'm pro-choice, but I agree strictly from a Constitutional standpoint it should be overturned. The Burger Court invented a right to privacy out of thin air to push their own agenda. It was THE textbook case of judicial activism. Even RBG said it was a poorly framed decision.

Nonetheless, I don't think the court will do it.
But maybe…

It would be refreshing to me for people to begin voting again on truly vested interests. We used to see this when there were true economic differences in parties, but now the party that wins both congress and the WH is the party that turns out it's own in states it cannot lose, and captures suburban swing votes in the 6 or 7 states that actually decide elections.

Even vietnam didn't really make a difference. But once the dems under Carter embraced using the Fed to engineer recessions over inflation ... wages are relatively flat, while the rich earn more per capita, and taxes apply more and more the the rich, but rise slower than their incomes by percentage.

But nobody really cares because .... we have the soma

If you want proper democracy, overturning Roe v. Wade isn't going to give you that.

Pushing for Proportional Representation will.

Rights are either real or they are not. Suppose that SCOTUS took away mail-in voting and made it so that there were only 3 voting stations in the country one in Hawaii, one in Alaska and one in Key West Florida. One could still make the argument that "you can vote!" And you live in Nebraska. Could the Government, be it Federal or State then say, "Oh! so you just want us to make it "convenient" for you to vote? Well tough toenails!

1) Abortion isn't voting.

2) Is someone suggesting only three abortion clinics in the whole country? I must have missed that press release.

Stick to the thread topic! Trump, Biden, taxes, mail-in votes, gerrymandering, redrawing voting district maps, etc IS NOT THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD!

Forum List

Back