God Doesn't Like Talking To Brick Walls

Once again I never asked you anything.

I asked the OP a question and you decided to answer it.

So tell me if you think it doesn't matter what you think why the fuck should I think what you think matters?

You don't have to. So why do you even wander into the religion forum to buzz up in Christians' ears?

That's my question for you.

Revelation 22 is after the Great White Throne judgment. Who sits on the throne and judges the dogs, sexually immoral, etc? Um, hattip: it's not me. Thank GOD.

Since it's not me, it makes no matter what I think. I'm in no position to judge. Isn't that what you all call Christians on all the time, at any rate? So judgey, etc? Here is me not judging. I'm being serious. I do not make the call.
You realize Revelations is not meant to be taken literal? Right?
It is probably the story of the fall of the Roman Empire.
It is not a literal book.

Blues Man
True story... when Bonzi came here in 2016 (Bonzi is a member here, and is my wife)
She is more religious than I am. After about a year, she said she wanted to go to a church. I love her, seeing it was important to her, I took her. The sermon we heard was a good one. Never really talked about religion at all actually, probably why I liked it.
We went back, and again. I was comfortable there. Friendly people. Nice place. Even had a coffee shop and people took coffee into the auditorium. Cool with me!
They offered to us to attend a group of folks there all comprised of new members. I was reluctant, but we went.
At the beginning they had people introduce themselves, and where did they go to church before. They went around, and they came to me. I said something like "well I haven't been to a church in over 30 years, God has not been a part of my life since I was a teenager". Instantly I felt the energy of the room descend. I looked around, the smiles were gone. The leader of the group was noticeably uncomfortable. And nervously asked the next person.. and on.
The group opened up and everyone just was sort of mingling, a gentleman came up to me and was very nice to me.
He was the only one. Everyone else avoided us. Undeniable. The leader of the group was standing by us, I could see she was a bit nervous and came up to us said a few awkward things I don't remember but I could see what she really wanted was to talk to others she is more comfortable with.
We never went back. I guess I was seen as one of those "brick walls"

One does not need a degree in physics to see and know gravity exists.
One does not need a degree in psychiatry to see and know madness.
A degree (or at least strong knowledge) in religion is needed to determine whether someone who claims to hear God is reporting truth, seeking attention, or has a mental disability.

I have noticed it is often those who have no belief in religion who are most anxious to sling mud of "mental illness" at people of faith. They have had no experience themselves, so they conclude it must be others whose brains are working incorrectly. Ever consider that some brains be stronger--may not be as weak as some--and can pick up spiritual signals?

In other situations, when you see someone who is uncomfortable, do you leave and never go back? You said one person came up to you...did you go up to even one of the uncomfortable people and say anything to ease their discomfort?

You may not know: There were atheists in my family from the day I was born. I married an atheist. Not all of us are uncomfortable around those who hold no belief in God.

In other situations, when you see someone who is uncomfortable, do you leave and never go back? You said one person came up to you...did you go up to even one of the uncomfortable people and say anything to ease their discomfort?

You may not know: There were atheists in my family from the day I was born. I married an atheist. Not all of us are uncomfortable around those who hold no belief in God.
Yeah... blaming the guy who was not made to feel welcome is, again, a typical response of religious lifers.

Blues Man
True story... when Bonzi came here in 2016 (Bonzi is a member here, and is my wife)
She is more religious than I am. After about a year, she said she wanted to go to a church. I love her, seeing it was important to her, I took her. The sermon we heard was a good one. Never really talked about religion at all actually, probably why I liked it.
We went back, and again. I was comfortable there. Friendly people. Nice place. Even had a coffee shop and people took coffee into the auditorium. Cool with me!
They offered to us to attend a group of folks there all comprised of new members. I was reluctant, but we went.
At the beginning they had people introduce themselves, and where did they go to church before. They went around, and they came to me. I said something like "well I haven't been to a church in over 30 years, God has not been a part of my life since I was a teenager". Instantly I felt the energy of the room descend. I looked around, the smiles were gone. The leader of the group was noticeably uncomfortable. And nervously asked the next person.. and on.
The group opened up and everyone just was sort of mingling, a gentleman came up to me and was very nice to me.
He was the only one. Everyone else avoided us. Undeniable. The leader of the group was standing by us, I could see she was a bit nervous and came up to us said a few awkward things I don't remember but I could see what she really wanted was to talk to others she is more comfortable with.

This is odd. I'm not denying the account. It's just odd. First, this is a church where the Gospel and Scriptures are not being preached, so in my experience you're going to find no small number of unbelievers there for various reasons. Unbelievers who are even members. So I find it odd they were so shaken by you admitting a very normal thing. In my church where we DO preach the Gospel and the Scriptures, by contrast, we are well familiar with unbelievers. They are our family members, friends, neighbors, etc.

Again. Just odd.

A degree (or at least strong knowledge) in religion is needed to determine whether someone who claims to hear God is reporting truth, seeking attention, or has a mental disability.

I have noticed it is often those who have no belief in religion who are most anxious to sling mud of "mental illness" at people of faith. They have had no experience themselves, so they conclude it must be others whose brains are working incorrectly. Ever consider that some brains be stronger--may not be as weak as some--and can pick up spiritual signals?
Uh... no.
If I am anything, I am logical. In fact, it is the strength of my mind that offers resistance to believing someone just because I am supposed to. That is the weak minded.
I am not an atheist. I was raised in a strong Christian family and went to church 3 times a week, every week my entire childhood.
For reasons that go farther than a single post I fell away many years ago.
A few years back I ran across an article on Gnostics. It was interesting, I ended up watching a long series on TED and The Great Courses. Fascinating theories. And what they believe fills in MANY holes and gaps found in the KJV.
And, just sayin, anyone who can sit through 20 hours of lectures and pay a money to hear it and be fascinated... is not a weak mind.

Last edited:
I know quite a few of you on here have accused me of being crazy for hearing voices and such
When someone openly endorses witchcraft and thinks it's innocent fun and games and then claims to "hear voices," I KNOW the source of those voices.

Women seem particularly susceptible to "crazy" and standing on unstable ground

This is odd. I'm not denying the account. It's just odd. First, this is a church where the Gospel and Scriptures are not being preached, so in my experience you're going to find no small number of unbelievers there for various reasons. Unbelievers who are even members. So I find it odd they were so shaken by you admitting a very normal thing. In my church where we DO preach the Gospel and the Scriptures, by contrast, we are well familiar with unbelievers. They are our family members, friends, neighbors, etc.

Again. Just odd.
?
I didn't say they don't teach scripture. Coming from my childhood in The Church of Christ, which is ALL scripture and fire and brimstone... this sermon, which he did mention a few things on some verses... but the meat of the sermon was very identifiable and wasn't just some blow hard up there spouting off verses and condemning sinners. That is what I thought religion was, because that is what Church of Christ was, at least in the 1970s.
This church is a "super church". Very large. 1000s of members. Very active in the community, which is something that attracted me to it... they have food centers, shelters and sponsor all kinds of things.
And yes it was odd. It made Bonzi quite aggravated because how could you have a new member group that clearly had no experience in dealing with people who are not religious. You would think that would be the reason it was there... not to just welcome believers who came from somewhere else.

There is no reason you have to hold back any part of that testimony. On the other hand, there is absolutely no reason you need to share it either.

If I cared what people thought of me then I wouldn't continue coming to this website.

Revelation 22:15

Outside are the dogs,

Holy cow!! I seriously didn't know there was a verse in the Bible that said this because what I heard from God was about those who refuse to listen to Him have to stay outside like disobedient dogs. I just got goosebumps when I saw that. I knew that dogs are referenced quite a bit in the Bible, but I never knew there was a verse that pretty much matched the message I got from Him. Just wow!!!

Judge not, less ye be judged

Okay, so why don't you just go ahead and start applying that logic to yourself then?

When someone openly endorses witchcraft and thinks it's innocent fun and games and then claims to "hear voices," I KNOW the source of those voices.

Women seem particularly susceptible to "crazy" and standing on unstable ground

Don't lie to people. I am a fan of Harry Potter a fantasy series and I do not support real witchcraft and the occult.

Uh... no.
If I am anything, I am logical. In fact, it is the strength of my mind that offers resistance to believing someone just because I am supposed to. That is the weak minded.
I am not an atheist. I was raised in a strong Christian family and went to church 3 times a week, every week my entire childhood.
For reasons that go farther than a single post I fell away many years ago.
A few years back I ran across an article on Gnostics. It was interesting, I ended up watching a long series on TED and The Great Courses. Fascinating theories. And what they believe fills in MANY holes and gaps found in the KJV.
And, just sayin, anyone who can sit through 20 hours of lectures and pay a money to hear it and be fascinated... is not a weak mind.
Yet you have never discovered God. As we all know from school, a mind that is strong in math may not be as strong in another subject. For example, I have quite a strong mind in many areas--but not music, not art. I cannot seem to tackle either with much success.

Besides, does somebody who thinks that Biden didn't win the election fairly sound like a mentally ill person to you guys? Oh and God talked to people all the time in the Bible, why wouldn't He do it now if He wished to?

Yeah... blaming the guy who was not made to feel welcome is, again, a typical response of religious lifers.
Get real. I am not blaming anyone, simply reading the room you described. One person came over to you. You didn't make a similar move. I gave you the same thought I give to public school middle school students in the gym or cafeteria. They, it appears, are much more receptive, and some pretty amazing friendships developed. Yeah, they are just kids, but the same principle works for all ages.

Yet you have never discovered God. As we all know from school, a mind that is strong in math may not be as strong in another subject. For example, I have quite a strong mind in many areas--but not music, not art. I cannot seem to tackle either with much success.
That's funny... "I have never discovered God"... like you would know?
The ego in that statement...

That's funny... "I have never discovered God"... like you would know?
The ego in that statement...
Yes. Like I know. About me, that is. If you had had an experience of God, I wouldn't know...nothing I have read in your words so far have given me any indication that you have.

Yes. Like I know. About me, that is. If you had had an experience of God, I wouldn't know...nothing I have read in your words so far have given me any indication that you have.
I will soon be 57. I have plenty of experiences.
When I was 16 years old I was involved in a car wreck. We were going about 70 mph. It was a 1972 Chevy Nova.
After the accident you would be hard pressed to guess what make the car was. It was beyond totaled.
There were three people in the car. The driver was killed.
Somehow, myself and my friend were unharmed. And by unharmed.. I mean not even a scratch or bruise.
This wreck totaled 4 vehicles.
Neither me or my friend who lived, have any memory of how we got out of the vehicle. None.
I was in the back, the car was a two door. Both doors were smashed in and were beyond inoperable. My friend, the front passenger, on his side the front bumper was only a couple inches from the windshield. Part of the transmission came through the floorboard and smashed his seat against the crushed passenger door, making the seat about half it's width.
We walked away. Completely unharmed. To this day I have no idea how I got out of this car. I wasn't thrown out, that would have been impossible by how crushed this car was.
Yeah. I have met God.

I will soon be 57. I have plenty of experiences.
When I was 16 years old I was involved in a car wreck. We were going about 70 mph. It was a 1972 Chevy Nova.
After the accident you would be hard pressed to guess what make the car was. It was beyond totaled.
There were three people in the car. The driver was killed.
Somehow, myself and my friend were unharmed. And by unharmed.. I mean not even a scratch or bruise.
This wreck totaled 4 vehicles.
Neither me or my friend who lived, have any memory of how we got out of the vehicle. None.
I was in the back, the car was a two door. Both doors were smashed in and were beyond inoperable. My friend, the front passenger, on his side the front bumper was only a couple inches from the windshield. Part of the transmission came through the floorboard and smashed his seat against the crushed passenger door, making the seat about half it's width.
We walked away. Completely unharmed. To this day I have no idea how I got out of this car. I wasn't thrown out, that would have been impossible by how crushed this car was.
Yeah. I have met God.
That is a wonderful account; I am betting all those who saw it said it had to be miraculous the two of you survived.

I was referencing (so-to-speak) a face-to-face experience of God that you remember--much less miraculous, but no less real.

Forum List

Back