Go Ahead, Remove Roe V. Wade

When was the last time you were pregnant?
And the authoritarian right won’t stop with denying Americans their right to privacy.

Republicans will continue to enact all manner of oppressive, draconian measures immune from court challenges, protected by a reactionary, partisan Supreme Court dominated by rightwing ideologues hostile to settled, accepted precedent and the protected liberties of the American people.

Mississippi is requesting that Roe/Casey be overturned, that’s the question before the court – not the Constitutionality of the 15-week ban.

Also, listen to today’s oral ‘arguments’ – there is no five-vote majority to uphold Roe/Casey allowing the states greater restrictions.

Roe/Casey will be overturned – millions of women in anti-choice states will lose their right to privacy, subject to the tyranny of the authoritarian right.

I heard some of it but not all of it.

If the Supreme Court strikes down Roe V Wade girls and women will die or be harmed.

That is a fact.

I don't know many fathers or husbands who want their wives or daughters to have to give birth to a rapist's child. I don't know many fathers who want their daughter to die from a back alley abortion either.

The republicans aren't including rape and incest for exceptions to abortion ban.

The backlash will be faster than swift. It won't be just women but men too.

There are millions of men out there who don't want to have to support a child. Millions walk away from their own flesh and blood every day in our nation without even looking back.

I don't think men will vote for a politician who will force them to have to support a child he doesn't want. In my state that includes not just child support but health, vision and dental insurance also.

I wouldn't be surprised if republicans wouldn't be able to be elected dog catcher if Roe V Wade is overturned.

Right now, women are realizing that the only way to put a stop to this is to vote and I sure hope they turn out in the hundreds of millions to vote all those anti choice republicans out of office quickly.

In many ways, I want the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V Wade.

Not because of my personal beliefs. I believe in choice. I can make that choice for myself only. Not every woman in the nation.

Because it will create such a backlash, republicans won't be able to be elected dog catcher in most places.

There has never been a time in our nation that the majority wanted to outlaw abortion.

The gap between those who want to outlaw it has been growing too.

So while many women will die and be harmed very badly for a while in red states only, it will guarantee that either republicans are thrown out of office for a very long time or they will wake up and stop pandering to a small margin of our nation.

Either way, abortion and women's health care will stop being a political weapon.

It never should have become a political weapon in the first place.

I don't think the Supreme Court has the guts to overturn Roe V Wade. They aren't as stupid as the minority who want it outlawed. They know what the political consequences will be.
Thoughtful post, IMO. Agreed, and it may well be a Dem strategy to get Roe v. Wade taken up at this time!

It unites women that wouldn't otherwise unite, and so may be seriously counterproductive. Grossly anti-woman.

Unfortunately, it could take some 40 to 50 years for that to happen.

And women not only need to vote Republicans out of office, they need to have state constitutions amended to recognize and defend a woman’s right to privacy so that the right to privacy cannot be taken away again.

I don't know about that.

trump was elected in 2016.

Look at the 2018 election.

As for what states need to do, I agree. However that can't happen if the state is controlled by republicans and they don't have the petition/ballot initiative process.

My state already passed that law around 1992. After the Casey ruling happened.

It was the third time the issue of abortion came before the citizens of my state to vote on.

As with the first two times, the people voted in a strong majority for abortion. I voted in the majority.

All three times anti abortion lost.

So it doesn't matter what the Supreme Court does. It doesn't matter what any politician or anti choice person wants or says. Abortion remains legal and safe.

Look at it this way, if it's overturned, the Republicans will find out in the next year how popular it was or wasn't.

A republican not even being able to be elected dog catcher in our nation would be one of the best things to happen to our nation in 40 years.

And the authoritarian right won’t stop with denying Americans their right to privacy.

Republicans will continue to enact all manner of oppressive, draconian measures immune from court challenges, protected by a reactionary, partisan Supreme Court dominated by rightwing ideologues hostile to settled, accepted precedent and the protected liberties of the American people.
Blah, blah, blah, Answer my question. When was the last time you were pregnant?

Then watch as republicans all over the states be voted out of office.

No matter what happens with this case, women have had enough.

Our bodies aren't weapons or political pawns.

I won't be surprised if women vote republicans out of office at both the state and federal level.
Why would they be voted out of office?

Then watch as republicans all over the states be voted out of office.

No matter what happens with this case, women have had enough.

Our bodies aren't weapons or political pawns.

I won't be surprised if women vote republicans out of office at both the state and federal level.
If Roe vs Wade is overturned, the issues falls onto the states as it should. Then the people of each state have more of a say in the issue. Why would they object?

How is it a violation of anyone’s rights to send this issue to the states where it belongs? Authoritarians don’t put issues in the hands cv of the people. Authoritarians advocate more federal control.

Last edited:
I believe in choice as well, the choice of life. Choosing death is a dead end for humanity.

a-letter-from-an-unborn-baby-to-his-mom-9-638.jpg

Why would they be voted out of office?

Women don't want to be forced to carry a pregnancy to term.

Women don't want to be forced to give birth to a rapist's child.

Women don't want their daughters to be forced to give birth to a rapist's child.

Women don't want an incest survivor to be forced to give birth to the child the pedophile impregnated her with.

Women don't want to have to face death if their pregnancy goes wrong.

Women don't want to have to be forced to carry a dead fetus around until it spontaneously aborts. While it grows bacteria that will kill her or leave her infertile.

Women don't want to be forced to give birth to a baby that will die right after birth and suffer until it dies.

There is a long list of reasons why women will come out to vote those republicans out of office.

Look at what happened in 2018. All that happened then was trump was elected. What do you think the women of our nation are going to do when they find their 4th Amendment right to privacy with their own body is ripped from them?

It's not a good idea to underestimate women.

If Roe vs Wade is overturned, the issues falls onto the states as it should. Then the people of each state have more of a say in the issue. Why would they object?

No they don't.

The politicians in their state have the say.

On top of that, politicians in 12 states have already passed "trigger" laws so that if Roe V. Wade is overturned, abortion automatically becomes illegal in that state.

No one in those 12 states will vote on it. It will happen automatically.

Then there are those states that don't have the petition/ballot initiative process so the people in those states can't ever vote on it.

Women will have to wait until the 2022 election to vote out the republicans who have taken women's 4th Amendment right to privacy with their bodies out of office.

A republican not even being able to be elected dog catcher in our nation would be one of the best things to happen to our nation in 40 years.
Progs are much more authoritarian then Repubs. If they did not get elected for 40 years, long before that time period ends we will be a dystopian totalitarian nation. And therw ill be Repub voters part of that government along with you. Many will be involved with the authoritarians. And they will be enjoy busting heads when it needs to be done. And it will be legal.

No they don't.

On top of that, politicians in 12 states have already passed "trigger" laws so that if Roe V. Wade is overturned, abortion automatically becomes illegal in that state.

Then there are those states that don't have the petition/ballot initiative process so the people in those states can't ever vote on it.

Women will have to wait until the 2022 election to vote out the republicans who have taken women's 4th Amendment right to privacy with their bodies out of office.

What happens if those women you are counting on do not do as you expect, so then what?

No they don't.

Only in the partisan hack left wing world is it considered totalitarianism to make government more responsive to the voters of a state. Strange but true.

New Topics

Forum List

Back