Go Ahead, Remove Roe V. Wade

I doubt the court has the balls to overturn Roe v Wade
They will offer up further whittling down of abortion rights and a means for states to effectively ban most of it
Yeah I agree, but the wild card is that the rel right has literally elected 6 of them with billions in campaign contributions for the express purpose of overturning Roe. McConnell isn't winning maj's with tax cuts for millionaires. But then, why do 5 of them really care? As you say they can whittle here and whittle there, pretty soon you can get a nub of a toothpick. But allowing the Miss and Texas laws to stand would literally overturn Roe and Casey by making it legal to ban abortion in the first trimester. If they overturn those laws .... well, hell the religious right rubes will keep giving money to people like Moscow Mitch and Tommy Tubberville and Cindy Hyde Smith.

Now that you mention it, Keggers will keep this issue alive for gop fund raising. LOL

Yeah I agree, but the wild card is that the rel right has literally elected 6 of them with billions in campaign contributions for the express purpose of overturning Roe. McConnell isn't winning maj's with tax cuts for millionaires. But then, why do 5 of them really care? As you say they can whittle here and whittle there, pretty soon you can get a nub of a toothpick. But allowing the Miss and Texas laws to stand would literally overturn Roe and Casey by making it legal to ban abortion in the first trimester. If they overturn those laws .... well, hell the religious right rubes will keep giving money to people like Moscow Mitch and Tommy Tubberville and Cindy Hyde Smith.

Now that you mention it, Keggers will keep this issue alive for gop fund raising. LOL

We're sick of you babykillers.

After Roe v Wade is overturned, those political contributions will dry up

Why kill the Golden Goose?

Perhaps a maj in some states didn't support the decision in 1973, but it was popular in Colo at the time. Perhaps the poster subscribes to alternate facts.

I'm more inclined to believe that the poster subscribes to alternate facts.

It was very popular in Washington state too.

In fact, abortion was legal in Washington state before Roe V. Wade.

The people of Washington state voted to legalize abortion in 1968.

In 1981 or so we voted to use our medicaid tax dollars to pay for abortions too without any restrictions beyond Roe V. Wade.

In around 1992 we voted to make Roe V. Wade the law of the land in Washington state. No matter what the Supreme Court says, no matter what any politician says and no matter what any right wing crazy person wants, abortion forever stays legal and safe in Washington state.

The issue was voted on 3 times by the people of Washington state. All three times choice won by strong margins. Every single time it's put to the people of Washington state, anti abortion loses.

I'm more inclined to believe that the poster subscribes to alternate facts.

It was very popular in Washington state too.

In fact, abortion was legal in Washington state before Roe V. Wade.

The people of Washington state voted to legalize abortion in 1968.

In 1981 or so we voted to use our medicaid tax dollars to pay for abortions too without any restrictions beyond Roe V. Wade.

In around 1992 we voted to make Roe V. Wade the law of the land in Washington state. No matter what the Supreme Court says, no matter what any politician says and no matter what any right wing crazy person wants, abortion forever stays legal and safe in Washington state.

The issue was voted on 3 times by the people of Washington state. All three times choice won by strong margins. Every single time it's put to the people of Washington state, anti abortion loses.

That's a sad commentary on the "people" of Washington.

Yes, give women alternatives to abortion and the number will decline

Why do Conservatives object to birth control, prenatal and maternity care, jobless benefits and childcare?
I owe them nothing. But am forced to pay for more and more. And more of them abuse their own bodies and force the results on others to pay for. This is expensive. In all ways. This is a reason that the Big 3 auto makers was putting 30 year old engines in their vehicles while the Asian companies made 4 or 5 generations upgrades to theirs. Why we are second rate to them in automobiles today. And other technologies. Millions and millions of manufacturing jobs gone. But we pay more and more for something that should not cost much at all until taking care of them.

I owe them nothing. But am forced to pay for more and more. And more of them abuse their own bodies and force the results on others to pay for. This is expensive. In all ways. This is a reason that the Big 3 auto makers was putting 30 year old engines in their vehicles while the Asian companies made 4 or 5 generations upgrades to theirs. Why we are second rate to them in automobiles today. And other technologies. Millions and millions of manufacturing jobs gone. But we pay more and more for something that should not cost much at all until taking care of them.
Exactly

You owe them nothing
So you have nothing to complain about if she chooses abortion because she has no other alternatives

I doubt the court has the balls to overturn Roe v Wade
They will offer up further whittling down of abortion rights and a means for states to effectively ban most of it

Let them.

The politicians who pass laws that make abortion impossible but still legal will be voted out of office.

So if they do anything to further take the right of privacy and choice from women, the result will be the same as if they fully repeal it.

No republican will be able to get elected for a very long time.

Either they follow the majority on this or the republican party won't be winning elections for a long time.

Or they will have to give up using abortion as a weapon.

Either way, they will lose the ability to use women's bodies as a weapon.

I doubt the SC will approve the Mississippi law.

Not because it violates the precedent of Roe v Wade...but because the conservatives on the court are political animals and they don't want to galvanize the Dem base and turn independent women against the GOP

Not because it violates the precedent of Roe v Wade...but because the conservatives on the court are political animals and they don't want to galvanize the Dem base and turn independent women against the GOP

I agree. Thank you.

If they are too stupid to realize what will happen, let it happen.

They will end up harming and killing women.

The backlash from a ruling to approve that law will be swift and last for a very long time.

Women and sane men won't vote for people who will force women and girls to carry a pregnancy to term.

Texas is already doing it. To rape and incest survivors along with all the other women in that state.

Women are leaving the state for abortions. Which is causing backlogs in clinics in other states.

So I say go ahead, remove Roe V. Wade.

Republicans not being able to be elected dog catcher for a long time would be one of the best things to happen to our nation in 40 years.

If abortion is outlawed so be it perhaps people will be more careful. I'm also ASHAMED that this country does a poor job of pushing CONTRAception. Young married couples choosing NOT to have kids should be awarded a monetary bonus.

Ending Roe v Wade will not end abortion

Even before Roe v wade, states got to decide whether to allow abortion or not.

This decision would set up a scramble at the state level to elect Dems or Republicans to make the decision
The big government, authoritarian right won't stop with Roe, Republicans will push for a Federal law banning abortion.

mom-with-child.jpg

Would you give $2,000 a month so that this woman can provide food and shelter for this child?
Nope.

That's why there should be no bans on abortion and no welfare.

See how it works?

Which is why they will overturn Roe, fear of the backlash from the right.

New Topics

Forum List

Back