Go ahead...just try and deny White House knowingly and willingly broke our trust

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
No denying it now...

At a tense hearing on Capitol Hill, two Treasury officials acknowledged that the government's restructuring of the loan earlier this year was unusual, if not unprecedented. Through that process, Solyndra investors, not taxpayers, were put at the front of the line for recovering money in case of bankruptcy.

House Panel Examines Solyndra Loan Restructuring

New documents reveal Treasury Department's concerns with loan

Gary Burner, chief financial officer of the Treasury Federal Financing Bank responsible for the loan and a 28-year veteran of the Treasury Department, said he's never heard of a case where private money was prioritized ahead of taxpayer money in a loan.

Read more: Treasury Officials' Testimony Fuels GOP Concerns Over Solyndra Loan Restructuring | Fox News

Poor babies...so disappointed :razz:

I figure it pales next to cherry picking intel to get us into a war of choice or outing a CIA agent.

Just saying

But I guess if faux news says it, it must be true

Last edited:
the sheer gall of this reversal/move is its brazenness, as to placate a favored special interest ala Unions, the GM/Chrysler deals put investors to the back of the line and the unions to the front.

this now rates pretty high on the scandal meter......and its stupid, just stupid.:doubt:

or plan after plane full of pallets of hundered dollar bills just dissapearing in Iraq.

I figure it pales next to cherry picking intel to get us into a war of choice or outing a CIA agent.

Just saying
Figures that you'd lamely try to misdirect and change the subject and play the game of; "yeah but your crook is a bigger crook than my crook", coupled with BOOOOOOOOSH!!.

But whatchagonnado? :dunno:

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I can and do deny that the White House broke our trust with respect to Solyndra.

I can't and don't deny that Obama has broken our trust in many other ways, though.

I like that its being investigated.

So little was investigated when the republican held all the braches of our government

Just saying

But I guess if faux news says it, it must be true

hackey sack has spoken!!!!!!!:clap2:

crony capitalism is a yawner because....because.............

plame was outted by armitage!!!!...oh wait...:lol:

Hackaderm....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can and do deny that the White House broke our trust with respect to Solyndra.

Only because you have your head so far up his ass that you cannot see facts for what they are.

I can't and don't deny that Obama has broken our trust in many other ways, though.

Only in that he hasn't gone full communist for ya.

and we have had this discussion before Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus.

a) is he responsible?

b) is he to blame?

c) neither

please select

No denying it now...

At a tense hearing on Capitol Hill, two Treasury officials acknowledged that the government's restructuring of the loan earlier this year was unusual, if not unprecedented. Through that process, Solyndra investors, not taxpayers, were put at the front of the line for recovering money in case of bankruptcy.

House Panel Examines Solyndra Loan Restructuring

New documents reveal Treasury Department's concerns with loan

Gary Burner, chief financial officer of the Treasury Federal Financing Bank responsible for the loan and a 28-year veteran of the Treasury Department, said he's never heard of a case where private money was prioritized ahead of taxpayer money in a loan.

Read more: Treasury Officials' Testimony Fuels GOP Concerns Over Solyndra Loan Restructuring | Fox News

Coming soon to a theatre near you... the sequel.... "Sunpower".

Just saying
Figures that you'd lamely try to misdirect and change the subject and play the game of; "yeah but your crook is a bigger crook than my crook", coupled with BOOOOOOOOSH!!.

But whatchagonnado? :dunno:

Just sayin'.

It is all liberals know how to do oddball.

Only because you have your head so far up his ass that you cannot see facts for what they are.

No, it's because I do see facts for what they are, and I know that in any loan program like that you are going to have some losses. Overall, the program has been a success. That one of the companies that was lent money went belly-up doesn't prove a damned thing.

Knowing that you mean by "communist" anything to the left of Attila the Hun, and translating appropriately, that's about right.

The scam has cost even more than the payola graft handout...

Other Solyndra | Tax Rebates | Solar Panels | IRS | The Daily Caller

heck yea, I told the full story oh 4-5 months ago, of my flirtation with a solar panel salesman who told me straight up, to my incredulous face, that between the state and fed they would pick up 55% of the cost.....I seriously contemplated smacking him for taking me for a witless rube, it was just so unbelievable...but, it wasn't.

Oh and solar is still such a bad deal it would still have taken me like 16 years to see any cost effective daylight on the initial outlay.

No, it's because I do see facts for what they are, and I know that in any loan program like that you are going to have some losses. Overall, the program has been a success. That one of the companies that was lent money went belly-up doesn't prove a damned thing.

Knowing that you mean by "communist" anything to the left of Attila the Hun, and translating appropriately, that's about right.

Nice scarecrow.
Now...what do you think about the implications of breach of public trust and insider preference given to a company where clear and present evidence of imminent failure was everywhere - in fact the previous administration said no....twice.

I will await your answer.

and so what is our national security interest "war of choice" in Uganda...?

President Obama has deployed combat troops to central Africa to aid in the fight against the Lord's Resistance Army. In a letter to Speaker of the House John Boehner, Obama says 12 troops with "appropriate combat equipment" were deployed on October 12 and approximately 100 in total will be deployed including a second combat team and headquarters, communications and logistics personnel. The forces will provide information and advise and assist "select partner nation forces," Obama explains. The troops will not fight except in self-defense.

Obama sending combat troops to central Africa to aid fight against rebels – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

I have directed this deployment, which is in the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States, pursuant to my constitutional authority to conduct U.S. foreign relations and as Commander in Chief and Chief Executive.
So why is the U.S.A. 's vital security interests???

I take anything from Fox News with a small salt mine. As far as I know and can verify from credible sources, this is a case of one company receiving money as a part of a federal loan program to promote green energy, where the company failed, although the program as a whole has been a success.

If an investigation shows that there was anything else going on that was handled wrongly by the government, then those that were responsible for it need to be disciplined accordingly. But that should not be used to invalidate the program itself, nor, as many seem inclined to do, the whole idea of green energy.

Forum List

Back