GM to add 2,000 jobs in Michigan

Isn't it a job that they are outsourcing currently to other companies? Therefore those other companies may likely have layoffs because they will no longer have GM's business.

"And if Mitt Romney had had his way, none of this would be happening, because without the federal bailout he so bluntly opposed, GM would have gone under."

The level of complete, fundamental economic ignorance on the Left is absolutely mind boggling. Then again you have to be an idiot in order to embrace an economic philosophy that comes with a 100% guaranteed fail, and is so awful even the ChiComs and Vietnamese have abandoned it in favor of free enterprise

General Motors is announcing it will be adding 2,000 jobs...
That brings the total to 74,500 American GM employees at a total cost of $49,000,000,000, or $658,000 each.

I want my money back.
Crusader Frank says:

That brings the total to 74,500 American GM employees at a total cost of $49,000,000,000, or $658,000 each.

So, here is the problem with that statement: It is completely untrue.
The cost of the AUTO bailout, according to the CBO, will be in the area of $22B. Not $49B. The loans are being paid back. You must have missed that. Honest mistake, I am sure.
OH. And by the way, it WAS the AUTO BAILOUT, not the GM bailout. Included hundreds of companies, including Ford and Chrysler. Another honest mistake, I am sure.
The number of jobs saved and added in the auto in the auto industry is something like 1.5M. You may want to recalculate with actual numbers, rather than made up ones.

Last edited:
"And if Mitt Romney had had his way, none of this would be happening, because without the federal bailout he so bluntly opposed, GM would have gone under."

The level of complete, fundamental economic ignorance on the Left is absolutely mind boggling. Then again you have to be an idiot in order to embrace an economic philosophy that comes with a 100% guaranteed fail, and is so awful even the ChiComs and Vietnamese have abandoned it in favor of free enterprise
No proof, of course, eh Crusader. No economist believed GM or Chrysler would have come out of a managed bankrupcy. Just politicians. And apparently they never lie, if they are repubs, eh crusader.
China and Vietnam. Really. Fraid that just won't pass the giggle test.
Do you ever say anything that makes any sense at all to other than other cons???
dipshit.

...That brings the total to 74,500 American GM employees at a total cost of $49,000,000,000, or $658,000 each.
...The cost of the AUTO bailout, according to the CBO, will be in the area of $22B...
If that were true then we're talking $314,000 per worker and I'd still want my money back. Problem is we got people on this threads making up numbers without links, and we got the press trying to get at the truth from a stonewalling administration. Examples:
The U.S. Treasury Department’s tally of what the government might lose on its $85 billion auto bailout keeps rising as GM’s stock price sinks. Earlier this week, it put the number at $25 billion...
After taking nearly $50 billion in TARP funds in 2009, GM effectively became a subsidiary of the U.S. government. Since then, a host of government officials have claimed that General Motors "is back."

It isn't. And the government's stifling embrace and the bad deal it signed with the politically favored United Auto Workers union will only make its precarious financial situation worse.

"I think people will go, 'Wow, I'm glad we invested in GM,'" said CEO Dan Akerson, hand-picked by the Obama administration to head the bankrupt car maker, in a recent USA Today interview. "I'm talking about the American taxpayer."

But by the government's own estimates that's not even close to being true. And it looks like Akerson has come around to that opinion, too.
mp3Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast

In a report just last month, the Treasury Department gave its best-guess estimate of $25 billion for the public's loss in its investment in GM. Hardly a "glad we invested in GM" moment.

The U.S. now owns about 500 million shares of GM, just under a third of the total, purchased under the $85 billion TARP auto bailout. It needs a share price of $53 to break even. It closed Monday at $23.84. So that's a $14.6 billion loss on the shares alone.

But that's not all of it. The U.S. is sitting on a $14.5 billion loss on the former GMAC financing unit, as well. And a recent Heritage Foundation analysis says a proper accounting of the GM fiasco should add the $26 billion giveaway to its unions — money taken from nonunion workers, bondholders and taxpayers.

Then there's the unpopular Chevy Volt. GM's government bosses force it to build the Volt, even though it loses nearly $49,000 on each car, according to a recent Reuters analysis.

Yet, despite all this, this year Obama and his surrogates have repeatedly claimed that GM again sits atop the world auto market.

No proof, of course, eh Crusader. No economist believed GM or Chrysler would have come out of a managed bankrupcy. Just politicians. And apparently they never lie, if they are repubs, eh crusader.
Do you ever say anything that makes any sense at all to other than other cons???
dipshit.

Bullshit! Total fucking bullshit!!

GM needed to restructure its labor and pension costs and other liabilities, that's why it filed a Reorganization bankruptcy.

GM filed for reorganization, not liquidation.

Repeat after me: GM filed for reorganization, not liquidation.

Can you say that? Do you understand any of the words?

dipshit.

Bullshit! Total fucking bullshit!!

GM needed to restructure its labor and pension costs and other liabilities, that's why it filed a Reorganization bankruptcy.

GM filed for reorganization, not liquidation.

Repeat after me: GM filed for reorganization, not liquidation.

Can you say that? Do you understand any of the words?

No, no they don't. They don't understand most things.

Gosh, aren't you glad President Obama didn't "let Detroit go bankrupt" like some Republican presidential nominees wanted?

Ask the GM bondholders that took it up the ass. Ask GMs competitors that were prevented from gaining market share. Ask the children yet to be born that will have to pay for Obama's centrally planned meddling in free markets.

Lastly, how the fuck do you know that if GM had gone through normal bankruptcy that they or a competitor wouldn't be creating MORE than 2000 jobs? Answer...you don't!

Ring Ring

Appointed GM Minion: Hello

Barry: Hey minion. Could you go to the slush fund and add 2,000 more jobs?

Appointed GM Minion: I dunno. I got the janitors threatening to go on strike already if we don't bump their pay to $150K.

Barry: I'll make it up to you ten fold, no hundred fold after I'm re-elected.

Appointed GM Minion: Alright. If that's what you want.

I want my money back.

GM Pays Back Government Loans 5 Years Early
GM Pays Back Government Loans 5 Years Early | U.S. News Best Cars

Uh, yeah....right...sure...ummmmm...noooo, not really. Oh damn, they are using government TARP money to repay their government loan...so really, they ummmm just took money from the Feds to give back to the feds....Ummmm, doesn't sound like they paid anything back at all.
Oh, yeah, this is a lib talking about repaying something....sure.

But hey, you go run with that. Your grasp of reality is lacking anyway so you'll believe anything.

"GM will begin paying back the TARP money in December, the company announced this morning. It’s a statement in need of a little context.

Basically, GM will be using a portion of its $50 billion in TARP bailout money it received to in turn repay another portion of the TARP loans.

The reason GM can do this is because when GM emerged from bankruptcy, it struck a deal with the Treasury Department to carve up its obligation to the government in four different ways."

GM Will Pay Back Gov't Loan...With Gov't Money? | Mother Jones

...That brings the total to 74,500 American GM employees at a total cost of $49,000,000,000, or $658,000 each.
...The cost of the AUTO bailout, according to the CBO, will be in the area of $22B...
If that were true then we're talking $314,000 per worker and I'd still want my money back. Problem is we got people on this threads making up numbers without links, and we got the press trying to get at the truth from a stonewalling administration. Examples:

After taking nearly $50 billion in TARP funds in 2009, GM effectively became a subsidiary of the U.S. government. Since then, a host of government officials have claimed that General Motors "is back."

It isn't. And the government's stifling embrace and the bad deal it signed with the politically favored United Auto Workers union will only make its precarious financial situation worse.

"I think people will go, 'Wow, I'm glad we invested in GM,'" said CEO Dan Akerson, hand-picked by the Obama administration to head the bankrupt car maker, in a recent USA Today interview. "I'm talking about the American taxpayer."

But by the government's own estimates that's not even close to being true. And it looks like Akerson has come around to that opinion, too.
mp3Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast

In a report just last month, the Treasury Department gave its best-guess estimate of $25 billion for the public's loss in its investment in GM. Hardly a "glad we invested in GM" moment.

The U.S. now owns about 500 million shares of GM, just under a third of the total, purchased under the $85 billion TARP auto bailout. It needs a share price of $53 to break even. It closed Monday at $23.84. So that's a $14.6 billion loss on the shares alone.

But that's not all of it. The U.S. is sitting on a $14.5 billion loss on the former GMAC financing unit, as well. And a recent Heritage Foundation analysis says a proper accounting of the GM fiasco should add the $26 billion giveaway to its unions — money taken from nonunion workers, bondholders and taxpayers.

Then there's the unpopular Chevy Volt. GM's government bosses force it to build the Volt, even though it loses nearly $49,000 on each car, according to a recent Reuters analysis.

Yet, despite all this, this year Obama and his surrogates have repeatedly claimed that GM again sits atop the world auto market.
Jesus, crusader. Do you ever look at non con bat shit crazy web sites. What you just posted is like me posting some links to msnbc and moveon. You make my case. You are just a con tool. Go to the CBO site, and see if you can get any support for your drivel.

Well great, I wonder if they will EVER thank us Taxpayers? Or give us our MONEY BACK

Forum List

Back