Glock dropped in Drano

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
in just a few minutes, a Glock fanboy will come by and post a link to a test where a Glock was put in a blender filled with Drano, sulfuric acid, Coca-Cola, piranha, and 2 pounds of industrial diamonds. A CAT D8 bulldozer was then dropped on it from 1000 feet. The owner picked up the Glock, chambered a 155mm HE round, hit a post-it note at 917 miles, and then proceeded to run 726,761 rounds of Wolf ammo coated with Gorilla Glue with no failures.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=264379

:rofl:

Can't say I'm much of a Glock fan myself. I prefer 1911A1 - style handguns. That would be followed by SAA's. Plastic is WAY down the list.

I prefer high capacity magazines, the 1911 holds 7 rounds, 8 if you put one in the chamber first. That just is not going to do much good in a lot of situations you would truly need a weapon for. I own a 9mm Taurus. I prefer it because I fired 9mm all those years in the Corps. When I practice and stay in shape I am a VERY good shot.

I also have an M1 Carbine for close work that a hand gun just won't do and an M1 Garand 30.06 for the stopping power and that reach you might need farther than 200 yards. I should own a shotgun as well, but I do not like them.

Of course at the moment I am a fat old slob that hasn't fired a weapon in 3 years, probably couldn't hit much past 10 feet in my condition.

I prefer high capacity magazines, the 1911 holds 7 rounds, 8 if you put one in the chamber first. That just is not going to do much good in a lot of situations you would truly need a weapon for. I own a 9mm Taurus. I prefer it because I fired 9mm all those years in the Corps. When I practice and stay in shape I am a VERY good shot.

I also have an M1 Carbine for close work that a hand gun just won't do and an M1 Garand 30.06 for the stopping power and that reach you might need farther than 200 yards. I should own a shotgun as well, but I do not like them.

Of course at the moment I am a fat old slob that hasn't fired a weapon in 3 years, probably couldn't hit much past 10 feet in my condition.

This argument is older than us, with no sign of letup. One, you can get 10 rd mags for 1911A1-style handguns. Have about 6 of them myself.

As far as situations, I always have one (mag) in the weapon and a replacement. If I actually need more than 18 rounds, I probably need an M-16 instead of a handgun.:D

I DO have a Browning Hi Power in 9mm. With me, it's more the style of the weapon than the size of the round. I DO have a preference to the 1911A1 style because that's what I started out with.

I'm also a firm believer in the fact that with mag capacity topped out at 10, 10 rounds of 45 ACP semi-jacketed HPs are better than 10 rds of 9mm JHPs.

Can't say I'm much of a Glock fan myself. I prefer 1911A1 - style handguns. That would be followed by SAA's. Plastic is WAY down the list.

I only own one 1911 - a Springfield TRP - but it's by far my favorite handgun (other than the S&W K22 that my grampa gave me - the sentimental value for that one is immeasurable).

I'm currently looking to purchase a Colt Delta Elite - really craving some 10mm action :eusa_drool:

I only own one 1911 - a Springfield TRP - but it's by far my favorite handgun (other than the S&W K22 that my grampa gave me - the sentimental value for that one is immeasurable).

I'm currently looking to purchase a Colt Delta Elite - really craving some 10mm action :eusa_drool:

What is the appeal of the 10mm?

large_gallery_earth_impact.jpg

It is a heavy round in a newer frame. Though have they fixed the problem with the power wearing out the slide mechanism?

Last I heard, they were cutting down the power of the round because as you point out, it was wrecking guns fast. I just never had any real interest in the 10mm or the .40 S&W. Both were designed to outperform the .45 ACP, and IMO, both fail miserably. Unless of course, you want a gun that has to be tuned every 500 rounds.

the 10mm keeps comming up and getting it's ugly head smacked down. the only place that round ever did much good was in a Tom Clancey Novel.

RE the great 1911 v combat tuperware debate:
a steel gun invented over 100 years ago on a stolen design is the most blessed of all the combat pistols. through three major engagements this pistol kicked but and still dose in the MARSOC community.
The Plastic gun with no positive safety (you know except the three internal ones) has been purchased by darn near every PD from NY to the left coast.

so where is this going?

a pistol instructor who goes by "The Burner" one told a group of us wanabe pistoleros that in comps he shot the most tricked out 1911 that who ever was sponsoring him could provide. on the streets, he carried a Glock. I will talke the reliablity of the glock when it comes to defending my loved ones.

Forum List

Back