Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than 100 lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
There's another thread about US fatness, but what about USMB?

Answer the poll!!

This is a blend of global with obesity and refers to the looming public health crisis worldwide caused by excessive weight gain. A writer at the World Health Organisation coined it in a report in February 2001 on the increasing risk caused by obesity worldwide, which is classed by many health professionals as much more serious a problem than smoking.

The fat epidemic — mainly the result of poor diet — is often thought to be peculiarly a US problem (61% of Americans are categorised as overweight and 26% as obese), or more generally of the developed world (a European Union conference in Copenhagen last week heard that that within 15 years at least 75% of British men and women will be overweight), but it is a problem increasingly shared by developing countries (WHO says that 18% of the global population is obese and that malnutrition and obesity often now both occur within the same countries).

The problem of obesity is particularly worrying because it is affecting children even more than adults, leading for example to the early onset of Type Two diabetes, at one time unknown in childhood.

Six two, 190-195.
I do 500 push ups per week and walk an average of 4 miles a day.
Ten miles or more if I am guiding rainforest tours.
That is with a 40 lb pack..

The problem of obesity is particularly worrying because it is affecting children even more than adults, leading for example to the early onset of Type Two diabetes, at one time unknown in childhood.
Im just gonna throw this one out there. I really want to walk up to parents of obese children and punch them in the face. There is no reason all of the obese kids in America should be obese. And no, more than likely youre family doesnt have a genetic condition that contributes to youre kid being fat. Its a reflection on your negligence and your gross display of being a fat pig, an unhealthy lifestyle, and/or the kid not knowing any better that cause that little fucker to get fat.

Used to be down as low as 275, but the last three years have been rough.

I have a tendency that when the kids go back to their mom after visitation to seek consolation in peppermint ice cream or do nut holes.

Im just gonna throw this one out there. I really want to walk up to parents of obese children and punch them in the face. There is no reason all of the obese kids in America should be obese. And no, more than likely youre family doesnt have a genetic condition that contributes to youre kid being fat. Its a reflection on your negligence and your gross display of being a fat pig, an unhealthy lifestyle, and/or the kid not knowing any better that cause that little fucker to get fat.

Do you have skinny kids?

Used to be down as low as 275, but the last three years have been rough.

I have a tendency that when the kids go back to their mom after visitation to seek consolation in peppermint ice cream or do nut holes.

I appreciate your honesty, Baruch.

Could you answer the poll?

Find an XL sized GF on some dating site, and commit to losing weight together.

I bet you'll end up making BranJolina Jealous!!

Do you have skinny kids?

I dont have kids of my own. I am 23 and cannot affort one. But we're not talking skinny or a bit overweight kids. We are talking kids who weigh 120%+ what they should or have a BMI over 30.

Do you have skinny kids?

I dont have kids of my own. I am 23 and cannot affort one. But we're not talking skinny or a bit overweight kids. We are talking kids who weigh 120%+ what they should or have a BMI over 30.

The reason I asked was because, when I was 23 I didn't have kids, and I didn't have any sympathy for people who did.

But your point isn't any less valid: They, not their kids, not some fucking government agency, need to promote their kid's health.

Forum List

Back