Global warming tipping points

You're admitting there is waste heat at point of use for solar?

But you just said, "The photons that were converted into electricity did not produce warming because they were converted into electricity instead"
Exact same waste heat regardless of the generating technology.

Maybe you should learn how photons produce heat. Photons are not heat. Photons are energy. Heat is energy and photons are energy but photons are not heat. The answer to your question is in how photons produce heat.

Maybe you should learn how photons produce heat. Photons are not heat. Photons are energy. Heat is energy and photons are energy but photons are not heat. The answer to your question is in how photons produce heat.

One silly claim at a time.
You said the photons converted to electricity couldn't heat the planet.
That was ridiculously incorrect.

Maybe you should learn how photons produce heat.

Maybe you should learn how electricity produces heat.

One silly claim at a time.
You said the photons converted to electricity couldn't heat the planet.
That was ridiculously incorrect.

Maybe you should learn how photons produce heat.

Maybe you should learn how electricity produces heat.
There is no change in waste heat from switching from fossil fuels to solar.

When they are absorbed by matter.
They cause the atoms of the surface they strike to become excited. It is the movement of the atoms the photons struck that produces the heat.

Which is why photons converted into electricity don’t produce heat and they measured less infrared radiation at every solar farm they checked.

They cause the atoms of the surface they strike to become excited. It is the movement of the atoms the photons struck that produces the heat.

Which is why photons converted into electricity don’t produce heat and they measured less infrared radiation at every solar farm they checked.

The atoms in the food I just microwaved also became excited, only a fraction of a second after those solar photons hit the solar panel.

The filaments in my light bulbs and in my toaster looked pretty excited to me. I can actually feel the infrared radiation they're producing from that solar electricity.

Proxies are widely used in science and engineering. Doesn’t make them not empirical.

It makes them proxies ... not empirical ... they may be just as good in engineering, that doesn't make them good in science ... and proxies are never an excuse for not using direct measure ... thermometers in solar farms ... did you ever answer my question about latent heat release from fossil fuel burning? ...

It makes them proxies ... not empirical ... they may be just as good in engineering, that doesn't make them good in science ... and proxies are never an excuse for not using direct measure ... thermometers in solar farms ... did you ever answer my question about latent heat release from fossil fuel burning? ...
Data from a proxy is still an empirical measurement. The use of that data will be more indirect than the measurement of a critical parameter, but it is still an observation of nature. Proxies are used where direct measurements are not possible - say the temperature at some location in the past when no direct measurements were taken. So there are certainly excuses for using proxies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back