Global Warming stopped in 1996

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
First, the argument about global warming had not been up for debate. Most scientists agreed that global warming was occurring but not that it was manmade. Turns out that global warming stopped in 1996. The fact is renewable energy is the driving force behind trying to prove a coming disaster because many people in the world of academia have been working on solutions for the coming energy crisis for some time. As early as even 1911 there was a belief that solar energy would be the way of the future as a renewable source. It was believed that coal would eventually run out and the other form would be needed. But other forms of energy have risen like Oil and natural gas. So all those that bought into and invested into renewable energy, making it become a reality had become a problem. So then in the 1950s and 1960s temperatures were dropping and an idea about carbon in the atmosphere from a study back in 1896 regarding combustible energy and the carbon produced was starting to be used as the blame. It was bringing on an ice age. Then in 1980 temperatures were on the rise and by the mid 1980s the idea about the coming ice age had all but died. Then in 1988 the temperature had been rising for the last 8 years and then global warming became the topic of discussion. Now for the past 16 years or since 1996 the temperature has stayed flat. No global warming no global cooling but we still are trying to make policy regarding a research that has no supporting evidence. Why you ask well the reason is simple and the reason is money. All the investments over the past nearly 100 years are not wasted. They need renewable energy to take off so they can make a profit and maintain credibility. They cannot afford to wait another 100 or more years before these things might, I repeat might, be needed. So they need policies to help force renewable energy on people because it is more expensive.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

Yea I watched a special made by a scientist/photographer (initially a global warming sceptic) who has spent the last several years documenting the melting of glacial ice. Miles of ice have disappeared from several different areas up north.

I can't believe that tv is allowed to show shit like that. You know, photographic "proof" that our earth is warming and ice is melting more rapidly than ever thought possible.

How can they let that shit be televised? Why someone might look and listen to the information this man presented and not believe hacks like you.

Wouldn't that be a shame? You with your opinion article and this guy with proof. Who you gonna believe?

Yea I watched a special made by a scientist/photographer (initially a global warming sceptic) who has spent the last several years documenting the melting of glacial ice. Miles of ice have disappeared from several different areas up north.

I can't believe that tv is allowed to show shit like that. You know, photographic "proof" that our earth is warming and ice is melting more rapidly than ever thought possible.

How can they let that shit be televised? Why someone might look and listen to the information this man presented and not believe hacks like you.

Wouldn't that be a shame? You with your opinion article and this guy with proof. Who you gonna believe?

Ice is thinning in some areas and thickening in others. I tell you that you democrats take information and don't even question it. You do no research and just trust what you are being told is the truth. The fact is that you can set out to prove whatever you want and can find evidence to support your views. It is only things that cannot be disproven that are fact.

Feature

The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's where any person who has an inkling of statistics would stop reading.

So you are saying that if it does not support your view you do not read it. No wonder you still know nothing.

The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures

Read more: Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's where any person who has an inkling of statistics would stop reading.

So you are saying that if it does not support your view you do not read it. No wonder you still know nothing.

No that's not what I'm saying. If you'd like to know what I'm saying, get your head out of your asshole and read the words that I wrote.

Ice is thinning in some areas and thickening in others. I tell you that you democrats take information and don't even question it. You do no research and just trust what you are being told is the truth. The fact is that you can set out to prove whatever you want and can find evidence to support your views. It is only things that cannot be disproven that are fact.

Feature

Where is it thickening?? And how did this guy get these time lapsed photos to prove what ever it was he wanted to prove. I think the guy said he was just documenting the melt and came away believing that man has had a hand in global warming.

But all in all who cares. You don't seem to. I do but what difference does that make.

I take the common sense approach about how you could burn billions of pounds of carbon in the form of oil and coal, put the burnt carbon into the atmosphere and not expect there to be am effect. Doesn't make sense to me that all that released carbon amd other by products are doing nothing.

But again, what you and I believe means nothing.

By the way, here is another one from the ESA. It shows ice shrunk by about 5 centimeters from 1991 to 2000 and continued to shrink until 2008. But since 2009 the ice sheet has grown by 9 centimeters. Look the world goes through cycles and has done so for ever. It will continue to do so and predicting an unpredictable thing will prove to be impossible. If we are unable to predict the weather of one small area more than 5 days out and even then not perfectly, how in the world are we supposed to predict the weather of the world years out? It is stupid to believe that is possible.

Height of Antarctica ice sheet increasing — MercoPress

Miles of glacial retreat. Not centimeters.

But it was cool how this photographer got these time lapsed (over several years) photos to falsely document the melting of these galciers. Miles of retreat. Not inches.

Hell soon Glacier Nationl Park in Alaska won't have much (or any) in the way of galciers. But I never expected to go there anyway. O h well. Who the fuk cares but a bunch of wacko earth lovers.

Feature

Where is it thickening?? And how did this guy get these time lapsed photos to prove what ever it was he wanted to prove. I think the guy said he was just documenting the melt and came away believing that man has had a hand in global warming.

But all in all who cares. You don't seem to. I do but what difference does that make.

I take the common sense approach about how you could burn billions of pounds of carbon in the form of oil and coal, put the burnt carbon into the atmosphere and not expect there to be am effect. Doesn't make sense to me that all that released carbon amd other by products are doing nothing.

Common sense approach huh? How about all the bombs we dropped during World War II. What about all the combustion done then to an extent that has never been seen since? Seems that would have caused global warming for sure. What about the ice age and the freezing then which was then followed by the earth warming? What about the little ice age between 1350 and 1850 then the warming after that. Are you suggesting those two things had to be caused by humans as well? Evidence would support normal cycles before supporting that man is causing the heating of the earth. And as far as why it matters is because we are betting our economic futures on it being true. If it was just a study and not driving policy I would agree it doesn’t matter. But it is driving public policy and that is a problem when it is not proven fact. Again like I said we cannot even predict accurately the climate 5 days out and even then not perfectly. How in the world are we supposed to believe someone predicting it hundreds or even thousands of years out?

Honestly, this tread needs to come down, it's scrary that there are people out there who actually think our planet is not going through changes and that humens have not played a part.

Miles of glacial retreat. Not centimeters.

But it was cool how this photographer got these time lapsed (over several years) photos to falsely document the melting of these galciers. Miles of retreat. Not inches.

Hell soon Glacier Nationl Park in Alaska won't have much (or any) in the way of galciers. But I never expected to go there anyway. O h well. Who the fuk cares but a bunch of wacko earth lovers.

You do realize there were glaciers here in the US and they receded as well right? There is not definitive proof that they are manmade and not just a normal cycle of the planet. The manmade argument is the biggest flaw in the argument. Even you said the scientist thinks it is manmade. Not certain it is manmade. Ice is growing in other parts of the world while receding is occurring in others as well. It is a normal cycle the earth goes through and to pretend that the small percent of carbon produced by man relative to all the carbon in the planet is causing is a huge stretch.

Feature

The south pole

Honestly, this tread needs to come down, it's scrary that there are people out there who actually think our planet is not going through changes and that humens have not played a part.

Why because there cannot be an opposing view? You have to be right. Where is your proof? Where is your smoking gun? Did man cause the ice age? Did man cause the global warming that ended the ice age? Did man cause the mini ice age and then cause the warming that ended it? It takes an amazing amount of arrogance to believe that you can make the world warmer and colder. Only an amount of arrogance available to man especially people like you who believe it so certain that it could not even be debated.

Why because there cannot be an opposing view? You have to be right. Where is your proof? Where is your smoking gun? Did man cause the ice age? Did man cause the global warming that ended the ice age? Did man cause the mini ice age and then cause the warming that ended it? It takes an amazing amount of arrogance to believe that you can make the world warmer and colder. Only an amount of arrogance available to man especially people like you who believe it so certain that it could not even be debated.

It's not just me, it's 99 percent of the world scientists, unless you trying to claim that there is a world wide effort to distort the truth by every major body of scientists.

First, the argument about global warming had not been up for debate. Most scientists agreed that global warming was occurring but not that it was manmade. Turns out that global warming stopped in 1996. The fact is renewable energy is the driving force behind trying to prove a coming disaster because many people in the world of academia have been working on solutions for the coming energy crisis for some time. As early as even 1911 there was a belief that solar energy would be the way of the future as a renewable source. It was believed that coal would eventually run out and the other form would be needed. But other forms of energy have risen like Oil and natural gas. So all those that bought into and invested into renewable energy, making it become a reality had become a problem. So then in the 1950s and 1960s temperatures were dropping and an idea about carbon in the atmosphere from a study back in 1896 regarding combustible energy and the carbon produced was starting to be used as the blame. It was bringing on an ice age. Then in 1980 temperatures were on the rise and by the mid 1980s the idea about the coming ice age had all but died. Then in 1988 the temperature had been rising for the last 8 years and then global warming became the topic of discussion. Now for the past 16 years or since 1996 the temperature has stayed flat. No global warming no global cooling but we still are trying to make policy regarding a research that has no supporting evidence. Why you ask well the reason is simple and the reason is money. All the investments over the past nearly 100 years are not wasted. They need renewable energy to take off so they can make a profit and maintain credibility. They cannot afford to wait another 100 or more years before these things might, I repeat might, be needed. So they need policies to help force renewable energy on people because it is more expensive.

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is not one Scientific Society, not one National Academy of Science, and not one major University that denies the reality of AGW. Here is the statement of the Scientific Society with the largest number of scientists involved in climate study, the American Geophyical Union.

AGU Position Statement: Human Impacts on Climate

Human Impacts on Climate

Adopted by Council December 2003
Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007

The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century. Global average surface temperatures increased on average by about 0.6°C over the period 1956–2006. As of 2006, eleven of the previous twelve years were warmer than any others since 1850. The observed rapid retreat of Arctic sea ice is expected to continue and lead to the disappearance of summertime ice within this century. Evidence from most oceans and all continents except Antarctica shows warming attributable to human activities. Recent changes in many physical and biological systems are linked with this regional climate change. A sustained research effort, involving many AGU members and summarized in the 2007 assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, continues to improve our scientific understanding of the climate.

During recent millennia of relatively stable climate, civilization became established and populations have grown rapidly. In the next 50 years, even the lower limit of impending climate change—an additional global mean warming of 1°C above the last decade—is far beyond the range of climate variability experienced during the past thousand years and poses global problems in planning for and adapting to it. Warming greater than 2°C above 19th century levels is projected to be disruptive, reducing global agricultural productivity, causing widespread loss of biodiversity, and—if sustained over centuries—melting much of the Greenland ice sheet with ensuing rise in sea level of several meters. If this 2°C warming is to be avoided, then our net annual emissions of CO2 must be reduced by more than 50 percent within this century. With such projections, there are many sources of scientific uncertainty, but none are known that could make the impact of climate change inconsequential. Given the uncertainty in climate projections, there can be surprises that may cause more dramatic disruptions than anticipated from the most probable model projections.

With climate change, as with ozone depletion, the human footprint on Earth is apparent. The cause of disruptive climate change, unlike ozone depletion, is tied to energy use and runs through modern society. Solutions will necessarily involve all aspects of society. Mitigation strategies and adaptation responses will call for collaborations across science, technology, industry, and government. Members of the AGU, as part of the scientific community, collectively have special responsibilities: to pursue research needed to understand it; to educate the public on the causes, risks, and hazards; and to communicate clearly and objectively with those who can implement policies to shape future climate

Now if you like I can give you similiar statements from almost every Scientific Society from all the countries in the world.

Feature

Fellow, here is the real information from real scientists.

Polar Sea Ice Cap and Snow - Cryosphere Today

It's not just me, it's 99 percent of the world scientists, unless you trying to claim that there is a world wide effort to distort the truth by every major body of scientists.

That is 97% of scientist that say climate change is happening. Of course climate change is happening. It has always happened. Claimate change has occured throughout the history of the planet. The earth has cooled and the earth has heated up. That is climate change. The question is whether it is manmade.

Planet News Article, Jackson Hole Wy | Man-made global warming 'bites the dust' | 1/2/2008

Feature

Like it's thinning on your head and sprouting out in your ears? La la la la I can't hear anything la la la la!

Forum List

Back