Global Warming Scientists???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. N.J. storm update: Coastal damage not as bad as expected, but flooding inland could be extremehttp://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/nj_storm_update_coast_damge_no.html

2. all i have is leaves all over what about others in the area…..Same here in Flanders, we got lucky….. budd lake is fine one oak came down, next years firewood nothin a chainsaw and leave blower cant handle 2moro
storm not so bad in stanhope (NewJerseyHunter.com)

3. Irene damage not as bad as expected Irene damage not as bad as expected | kvue.com Austin

4. "It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqPNKie5j4]"It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" - YouTube[/ame]

5. Bottom line, Irene is a big storm to be taken seriously, and it will cause a stormy weekend and plenty of damage, but this is by no means the worst-case scenario for NYC and the northeast — and to the extent the media or government is pretending otherwise, they need to ramp down the hype,… Irene: A bad storm, but thankfully not a disaster — this time « Hot Air Headlines

6. The North east region of the US was told to brace up for a devastating Hurricane Irene on Saturday and Sunday as a result the city of New York closed down its subways and public transportation systems.In New Jersey some 250, 000 customers lost electric power. But there were no significant damages observed as our cameraman took a trip across from New Jersey to parts of New York on Sunday. PHOTONEWS: Hurricane Irene: Not So Bad In New York! | Sahara Reporters

7. But by the afternoon the worst was over, and even the worst was not as bad as had been predicted. Live Blog: As Irene Passes, City Exhales - NYTimes.com

8. Get Real: Hurricane Irene Should Be Renamed "Hurricane Hype" Get Real: Hurricane Irene Should Be Renamed "Hurricane Hype" - Yahoo! News

9. Forecasters said there was a chance a storm surge on the fringes of Lower Manhattan could send seawater streaming into the maze of underground vaults that hold the city's cables and pipes, knocking out power to thousands and crippling the nation's financial capital. Officials' worst fear was water lapping at Wall Street, ground zero and the luxury high-rise apartments of Battery Park City. Tornadoes were also a possibility. Mayor Michael Bloomberg ordered more than 370,000 people out of low-lying areas, mostly in Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Only 8,700 people checked-in to shelters and an untold number defied the order. Hurricane Irene closes in on anxious NYC

10. Hurricane Irene fell short of the doomsday predictions of record-breaking storm surges in North Carolina and Virginia. Hurricane Irene: Not So Bad After All

These are the folks in whom I should trust for global warming predictions???
They can't be trusted with predictons about tomorrow...but know all about the climate decades from now?
What the heck is the explanation???

Only one possibility! The 'scientists' who misled the nation about Hurricane Irene must be the 6% Republican scientists that Deanie keeps warning us about!
Wascully Wepublicans!

Bad example to hype on. Weather is notoriously fickle, and even a weak storm can do massive amounts of damage when the population is unprepared. Katrina made landfall significantly weaker than was predicted, and look at the damage it caused.

Better to take precautions and encourage folks to prepare and evacuate than to just hope for the best case scenario.

That Irene wasn't as bad as predicted is a blessing, not a reason to head out and try to score political points.

You seem to be confusing climate with weather. Checking a good scientific dictionary before posting, might have been in order. :cool:

You seem to be confusing climate with weather. Checking a good scientific dictionary before posting, might have been in order. :cool:

The point was neither climate nor weather....it was the so-called scientists who predict the horrors of 'global warming.'

1. N.J. storm update: Coastal damage not as bad as expected, but flooding inland could be extremehttp://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/nj_storm_update_coast_damge_no.html

2. all i have is leaves all over what about others in the area…..Same here in Flanders, we got lucky….. budd lake is fine one oak came down, next years firewood nothin a chainsaw and leave blower cant handle 2moro

3. Irene damage not as bad as expected Irene damage not as bad as expected | kvue.com Austin

4. "It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" "It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" - YouTube

5. Bottom line, Irene is a big storm to be taken seriously, and it will cause a stormy weekend and plenty of damage, but this is by no means the worst-case scenario for NYC and the northeast — and to the extent the media or government is pretending otherwise, they need to ramp down the hype,… Irene: A bad storm, but thankfully not a disaster — this time « Hot Air Headlines

6. The North east region of the US was told to brace up for a devastating Hurricane Irene on Saturday and Sunday as a result the city of New York closed down its subways and public transportation systems.In New Jersey some 250, 000 customers lost electric power. But there were no significant damages observed as our cameraman took a trip across from New Jersey to parts of New York on Sunday. PHOTONEWS: Hurricane Irene: Not So Bad In New York! | Sahara Reporters

7. But by the afternoon the worst was over, and even the worst was not as bad as had been predicted. Live Blog: As Irene Passes, City Exhales - NYTimes.com

8. Get Real: Hurricane Irene Should Be Renamed "Hurricane Hype" Get Real: Hurricane Irene Should Be Renamed "Hurricane Hype" - Yahoo! News

9. Forecasters said there was a chance a storm surge on the fringes of Lower Manhattan could send seawater streaming into the maze of underground vaults that hold the city's cables and pipes, knocking out power to thousands and crippling the nation's financial capital. Officials' worst fear was water lapping at Wall Street, ground zero and the luxury high-rise apartments of Battery Park City. Tornadoes were also a possibility. Mayor Michael Bloomberg ordered more than 370,000 people out of low-lying areas, mostly in Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Only 8,700 people checked-in to shelters and an untold number defied the order. Hurricane Irene closes in on anxious NYC

10. Hurricane Irene fell short of the doomsday predictions of record-breaking storm surges in North Carolina and Virginia. Hurricane Irene: Not So Bad After All

They can't be trusted with predictions about tomorrow...but know all about the climate decades from now?

Only one possibility! The 'scientists' who misled the nation about Hurricane Irene must be the 6% Republican scientists that Deanie keeps warning us about!
Wascully Wepublicans!

Global warming is based on historical patterns. Global warming is a terminology which refers to the belief that the average temperature of the Earth's atmosphere and body of waters is progressively rising.

Global warming is a fact, not fiction. Regardless of the misgivings of some scientists or the clumsy attempt by some scientists to explain what conventional science cannot explain, global warming still remains a fact. You are welcome to search online for L'Afrique's Contributor Profile and seek article "Global Warming: Fact or Fiction" for details.

4. "It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" "It's A Bad Storm It's NOT A Lethal Storm! What Do These Guys In Washington Know That We Don't?" - YouTube

They can't be trusted with predictions about tomorrow...but know all about the climate decades from now?

Wascully Wepublicans!

Global warming is based on historical patterns. Global warming is a terminology which refers to the belief that the average temperature of the Earth's atmosphere and body of waters is progressively rising.

Global warming is a fact, not fiction. Regardless of the misgivings of some scientists or the clumsy attempt by some scientists to explain what conventional science cannot explain, global warming still remains a fact. You are welcome to search online for L'Afrique's Contributor Profile and seek article "Global Warming: Fact or Fiction" for details.

Mincing words and making a semantics debate instead of addressing the OP's point doesn't make it any less true...

By Global Warming the OP most assuredly meant "AGW" or Anthropogenic Global Warming. Which is man-induced global warming. General global warming or even global cooling is the act of the planets climate cooling or warming respectively, and its kind of obtuse to imply the OP was talking about that...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df33mp2nEEo]Hurricane Irene (Tropical Storm) Damage 2011 - Bahamas, Jet Ski, Collapsing Bridge, New York City - YouTube[/ame]

Wascully Wepublicans!

Mincing words and making a semantics debate instead of addressing the OP's point doesn't make it any less true...

By Global Warming the OP most assuredly meant "AGW" or Anthropogenic Global Warming. Which is man-induced global warming. General global warming or even global cooling is the act of the planets climate cooling or warming respectively, and its kind of obtuse to imply the OP was talking about that...

Gslack, I did not watch the Youtube clip. I merely responded to Politicalchic asking why she should trust scientists on decades' predictions if same scientists could not accurately predict Hurricane Irene. And if you seek the article "Global Warming: Fact or Fiction" I mentioned, you will also find my sustained opinion regarding AGW.

Last edited:

Gslack, I did not watch the Youtube clip. I merely responded to Politicalchic asking why she should trust scientists on decades' predictions if same scientists could not accurately predict Hurricane Irene. And if you seek the article "Global Warming: Fact or Fiction" I mentioned, you will also find my sustained opinion regarding AGW.

Oh okay I see that now, my apologies, I just assumed (wrongly) you were a ecomentalist using the logical fallacy ploy. I am very sorry..

Oh okay I see that now, my apologies, I just assumed (wrongly) you were a ecomentalist using the logical fallacy ploy. I am very sorry..

No offense taken. Besides, to err is human. At least I know Gslack is human.

No offense taken. Besides, to err is human. At least I know Gslack is human.

LOL sometimes painfully human. :lol:

The point was neither climate nor weather....it was the so-called scientists who predict the horrors of 'global warming.'

Over 7 billion in damage. Over 40 dead. But just a minor storm.

Horrors of global warming? What has been stated is that the warming will create unstable weather, weather that will cost us more, and make agriculture dicey even as the earth's population exceeds 7 billion.

Very simply, the primary prediction concerning weather from global warming is that the swings will be wider and wilder, with an overall warming trend.

Forum List

Back