Global Warming. Here's the thing.

Now you are talking about nuclear waste when we were speaking of spent nuclear fuel?

Low level nuclear waste wont get you sick or kill you. I used to work at a nuclear power plant pack 4x4x8 ft metal boxes with 2500 lbs of low level nuclear waste. It was to be buried at hanford washington.

I wore a paper suit and sometimes used a respirator if I was using a grinder to cut stuff up.
Sadly, all that low level radioactive waste could of been recycled and used in another reactor. Too many regulations though. Bad regulations.

What in the hell makes you think that some of the nuclear waste they are dumping isn't spent fuel rods. If it is radioactive, they have probably dumped it.

yet, many of these big corporations are Democrat controlled?

yet, it was Republicans who started the environmental protection agency?

Democrats have always been in power, but you are a bunch of rats, you fuck everything up and blame republicans.

Nothing is heavily regulated but that is why we try to deregulate? The more you post, the dumber you prove you are.

You proved how dumb you are from the first thing I saw posted by you. Those who want deregulation have had their way. With Reagan, Both presidents Bush and more recently with Reagan. That's why nothing is heavily regulated. Also, keep in mind that both republican and democrat are just two different sides of the same corrupt coin. Republicans are just more openly pro-business. Everything else to them can take a walk.

You proved how dumb you are from the first thing I saw posted by you. Those who want deregulation have had their way. With Reagan, Both presidents Bush and more recently with Reagan. That's why nothing is heavily regulated. Also, keep in mind that both republican and democrat are just two different sides of the same corrupt coin. Republicans are just more openly pro-business. Everything else to them can take a walk.
democrats are low hanging fruit. I never like Bush, or bush jr.

yet, carter, clinton, obama, have passed thousands of regulations?

How many are you speaking of when you state there are not many?

Well apparently you are right. (That mustn't happen very often) Breeder reactors do use uranium. Also, plutonium does exist in nature. But at very low levels. So even if the plutonium is man made, it can still be used as nuclear fuel. I have to admit that my knowledge about how nuclear reactors work is limited, I do know that they produce radioactive byproducts that make them not worth the trouble.
not worth the trouble? There create so much energy you can not imagine. How many solar panels would you have to drop on nagasaki to destroy the city?

democrats are low hanging fruit. I never like Bush, or bush jr.

yet, carter, clinton, obama, have passed thousands of regulations?

How many are you speaking of when you state there are not many?

I screwed up my post and now I can't fix it. The second time I mentioned Reagan I meant Trump. Next, not that many what. And where did I say it.

not worth the trouble? There create so much energy you can not imagine. How many solar panels would you have to drop on nagasaki to destroy the city?

I just started a new thread that might interest you. It's called, "Power the U.S. with solar panels."

I screwed up my post and now I can't fix it. The second time I mentioned Reagan I meant Trump. Next, not that many what. And where did I say it.
200,000 major rules? Impossible to count the minor rules? 5,000 rules governing picking apples.
75,000 pages of tax code? 200,000 pages of major regulations?

Spent fuel rods exploded? Only in your dream world. There is not one scientist or engineer in the world that will state that the danger of, "spent", fuel rods, that is fuel rods that can no longer sustain a critical nuclear reaction, exploding.

Hell, if spent fuel rods explode so easy, why do nations spend billons of dollars and years of research and development to make a bomb?

You are making stuff up, everytime you say you read this once but dont remember where.

This cretin doesn't know the first thing about science.

None of them do.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do a copy and past of a website to make it appear as something you cam click on to see in my reply. But I can tell you what the name of the website is for you to google. One is "The Kyshtym Disaster: The largest nuclear disaster you've never heard of." Another one is called, "A very dangerous removal of nuclear fuel rods at Fukushima" At that website they talk about how dangerous it will be to even remove the spent fuel rods from their cooling pool. If they were to accidentally drop even one of those it would cause a nuclear reaction that would spread a LOT of radiation. It may not go off like a nuclear bomb. But no doubt it would cause some sort of explosion.
It takes a bomb to start a nuclear reaction. With highly enriched uranium. Spent fuel not organized to explode will not fission

200,000 major rules? Impossible to count the minor rules? 5,000 rules governing picking apples.
75,000 pages of tax code? 200,000 pages of major regulations?

There aren't that many different ways to pick an apple. If only a person worth talking to posted this. I would have more to say.

There aren't that many different ways to pick an apple. If only a person worth talking to posted this. I would have more to say.
You dont have more to say because I posted facts. What are you going to say, when faced with facts. Nothing unless you want us to have even more proof that you are dumb.

You dont have more to say because I posted facts. What are you going to say, when faced with facts. Nothing unless you want us to have even more proof that you are dumb.

How to pick an apple.

1. Go up to the tree and pick the apple off.

2. Get a ladder, climb up the tree and pick the apple off.

3. Use a machine that shakes the tree to knock the apples off.

4. Walk along the ground and pick the apples off the ground.

So, what are the other 4,996 ways to pick an apple.

What if there is nothing to human caused global warming, but we did something about it anyway. What's the worst that could happen. We live more equitably within our ecological environment. But what is the worst that can happen if human caused global warming is real. As I think it is. And accelerating. As I think it is also. The worst is that humans don't have long for this planet. You decide. Which approach is best.
Hate to sound pessimistic but the simple fact is that to stop global warming the major nation will have to work together and billions of people will have to make changes and sacrifices. The likelihood of that happening is somewhere between zero and none.

Take a look at what is occurring right now. The president is mandating that Americans get a vaccination that is safe, effective, and free in the middle of epidemic that has killed over 700,000. And people are responding by vowing to never get vaccinated and others are calling for the presidents impeachment. Do you really think people that won't respond to a mandate to save their lives in an epidemic, are going to respond to mandates to give up their gas guzzlers', go green, and shell out trillions of dollars to rebuilt our energy infrastructure when nearly half of them either don't believe global warming can be stopped or that it doesn't exist at all?

Global warming is real and we are not going to do enough to stop it. We will be lucky, if we can get the resources to deal with the disasters as they occur and keep some remnant of civilization alive till the population reduction takes care of the problem.

Forum List

Back