What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Global Warming. Here's the thing.

Crick

Gold Member
Reaction score
The suggestion that making, installing and using PV panels for power will use more fossil fuels than would remaining with fossil fuel powered plants is as stupid as stupid can get.

elektra

Gold Member
Reaction score
The suggestion that making, installing and using PV panels for power will use more fossil fuels than would remaining with fossil fuel powered plants is as stupid as stupid can get.
Yet, manufacturing solar panel massively increases the consumption of fossil fuels while giving us very little electricity for a price that is extremely expensive.

Yes, you must increase the use of coal, natural gas, and oil to manufacture solar panels.

Increasing the use of a limited resource depletes that resource quicker. It does not save it.

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just about anything that is constructed or run with oil or coal power can be done with solar power. As for plastic, they should just about completely ban that stuff.
Synthetic rubber tires are plastic. Most of the components of your motor vehicles are plastic. Your computer and monitor are mostly plastic. Your fake leather tennies are plastic. Much of you synthetic fiber clothing is plastic. Most of the components in aircraft, especially commercial airliners is plastic (composites). Much of the packaging of the food in grocery stores is plastic. Major parts of your furniture and house building materials are plastic.

Almost anything synthetic or composite is made using petroleum ("fossil fuel"). Asphalt that provides your paved roads is from petroleum. Most vinyl products are made from natural gas.

About 90+% of your material world is "plastic".

As for solar power, only works when the Sun is shining and those panels use a lot of petroleum in their construction and barely pay their real costs before wearing out and needing to be disposed of.

You could personally choose not use anything "plastic". Good luck.

OP
myself

myself

Gold Member
Reaction score
yes it matters, if it was Neutron radiation that would mean the containment was breached and nuclear fuel was being dispersed. So yes! It makes all the difference in the world.

Noble gases were released, radioactive noble gases, some with a half life of 3.8 days, and are biologically inert. And not at a level above background radiation levels. Immeasurable for all practical purposes and short lived.

Bananas are radioactive

Are you radioactive? Because you are bananas. The core will remain radioactive for basically forever. That's not good.

OP
myself

myself

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not even the use of coal and oil? That is not shitty? What about the Trillions of dollars it is and will cost? What about the pollution across the world?

Solar panels produce less pollution. Deal with it.

OP
myself

myself

Gold Member
Reaction score
Synthetic rubber tires are plastic. Most of the components of your motor vehicles are plastic. Your computer and monitor are mostly plastic. Your fake leather tennies are plastic. Much of you synthetic fiber clothing is plastic. Most of the components in aircraft, especially commercial airliners is plastic (composites). Much of the packaging of the food in grocery stores is plastic. Major parts of your furniture and house building materials are plastic.

Almost anything synthetic or composite is made using petroleum ("fossil fuel"). Asphalt that provides your paved roads is from petroleum. Most vinyl products are made from natural gas.

About 90+% of your material world is "plastic".

As for solar power, only works when the Sun is shining and those panels use a lot of petroleum in their construction and barely pay their real costs before wearing out and needing to be disposed of.

You could personally choose not use anything "plastic". Good luck.

Just about anything made out of plastic can be made from other materials. Materials that will actually decay. Plastic basically lasts forever. You people who will mortgage future generations for your personal convenience flip me out. Next, it takes anywhere from 1 to 4 years of the energy that comes out of a solar panel to equal the amount of energy it took to create them. That is everything from mining the materials they are made from to the finished product. Right now solar panels last anywhere from 25 to 30 years.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List