Global Warming (Assuming It's Happening) is a Blessing From God

I think the super hurricanes etc.. was inspired by the film, "Today After Tomorrow". Landfell is not a word, but landfall is.

You don't know for sure? ... you posted it anyway? ... not so smart getting your climate information from Hollywood movies .. ha ha ha ha ha ...

Besides, that movie came out in 2004 ... strike two ... what is the past participle of "landfall"? ...

You don't know for sure? ... you posted it anyway? ... not so smart getting your climate information from Hollywood movies .. ha ha ha ha ha ...

Besides, that movie came out in 2004 ... strike two ... what is the past participle of "landfall"? ...
According to the English Cambridge Dictionary, Landfall is a noun, Landfell doesn't exist. Being a Brit, I'm quite clued up on English and you would have a past participle of a verb as opposed to nouns. But I'm not sure what the Americans do, they have a weird take on the English language.

PS - sadly, I would say the bulk of American's knowledge of the planet and other countries is based on Hollywood and/or Disney

Last edited:
According to the English Cambridge Dictionary, Landfall is a noun, Landfell doesn't exist. Being a Brit, I'm quite clued up on English and you would have a past participle of a verb as opposed to nouns. But I'm not sure what the Americans do, they have a weird take on the English language.

Any noun can be made into a verb ... that's the beauty of human language ... it's a growing organic thing ... if you lay out a foothold trap, like as not to catch whalesong ...

The English ruin the language ... that thick accent makes you sound dumb ... Proper English is that taught in the California Public School System ... what is used in movies and television that's distributed world-wide ... y no se sorprenda si escucha algunas palabras en español mezcladas ... all one language anymore ...

Any noun can be made into a verb ... that's the beauty of human language ... it's a growing organic thing ... if you lay out a foothold trap, like as not to catch whalesong ...

The English ruin the language ... that thick accent makes you sound dumb ... Proper English is that taught in the California Public School System ... what is used in movies and television that's distributed world-wide ... y no se sorprenda si escucha algunas palabras en español mezcladas ... all one language anymore ...
Well, if can find Landfell in either the Cambridge or Oxford dictionary, or any dictionary, please supply the link.

Thick accent, which one, there's hundreds. Don't forget, America has a butchered version of English, they can't pronounce many words, and they are lazy.

America can blame Merriam Webster in making English sound mongy in America.

Bloody hell, England officially became England on 12 July 927, and you're trying to claim America is the expert on the English language. You're not a good advert on behalf of America. When you can understand the use of Licence and License, Defence and Defense correctly, and you can pronounce Worcestershire, then get back to me.

When I watch YouTube videos and a Yank pronounces a word in a funny way, I play it out loud to the girlfriend. By God she cringes, lol.

Well, if can find Landfell in either the Cambridge or Oxford dictionary, or any dictionary, please supply the link.

Thick accent, which one, there's hundreds. Don't forget, America has a butchered version of English, they can't pronounce many words, and they are lazy.

Bloody hell, England officially became England on 12 July 927, and you're trying to claim America is the expert on the English language. You're not a good advert on behalf of America. When you can understand the use of Licence and License, Defence and Defense correctly, and you can pronounce Worcestershire, then get back to me.

When I watch YouTube videos and a Yank pronounces a word in a funny way, I play it out loud to the girlfriend. By God she cringes, lol.

... and yet you^re completely silent about my puncturation ... pretty funny if you"re asking me ...

... and yet you^re completely silent about my puncturation ... pretty funny if you"re asking me ...
Oh God, ok I go with it, I'll play.

What is the verb form of the noun Kettle?
In the UK, we would boil, or we've been boiling water. What did you do in America, kettling and keetled?

What is the verb form of the noun Kevin? Kevin is Kevin, do you think Kevin has been Kevining?

Erm, let's cut to the chase. You are thick as fuck.

Get off your high horse and thank god America drained Texas of its oil just to save your ass during ww2. You had no problem with English then spoken with a Texas drawl.
Maybe the English didn’t know and appreciate the diversity of all the soldiers stationed in England during ww2. It would have given you a clue why our language is not quite “yours”.

Thats a hilarious take on the the language spoken here in America. Americans aren’t lazy with their “English” because it’s not entirely “English”. A plethora of its vocabulary was taken from the indigenous peoples here when it was first settled. Many more were taken collectively from each group that settled here. Really ? You have a problem with American version of English when by its very roots, the foundation of our collective language is also the foundation of its strength.
We’ll pronounce “Worcestershire” any way we damn well please. Geesus, you can travel 100 miles from one state to another and experience such diversity here in America that you’d need a translator.

Last edited:
Get off your high horse and thank god America drained Texas of its oil just to save your ass during ww2. You had no problem with English then spoken with a Texas drawl.
Maybe the English didn’t know and appreciate the diversity of all the soldiers stationed in England during ww2. It would have given you a clue why our language is not quite “yours”.

Thats a hilarious take on the the language spoken here in America. Americans aren’t lazy with their “English” because it’s not entirely “English”. A plethora of its vocabulary was taken from the indigenous peoples here when it was first settled. Many more were taken collectively from each group that settled here. Really ? You have a problem with American version of English when by its very roots, the foundation of our collective language is also the foundation of its strength.
We’ll pronounce “Worcestershire” any way we damn well please. Geesus, you can travel 100 miles from one state to another and experience such diversity here in America that you’d need a translator.
Help him/her out, you bellend, and supply the link. Of course American English is lazy, the grammar is lazy.

As for the world wars, the allies collectively won the wars; not you, not Britain, not France etc.. but the allies collectively. Since then, America ends up shooting it's allies. America has never won a war, it partakes with others. You didn't even win 1776, the French saved the colonies arse's.

Can I suggest you put your face in a meat grinder and go live in the woods.

I've been to America many times more than you've been to the UK, which I bet is zero. I've been to Florida some 13 times, and North Carolina many more times than that. Bellend.

Last edited:
Help him/her out, you bellend, and supply the link. Of course American English is lazy, the grammar is lazy.

As for the world wars, the allies collectively won the wars; not you, not Britain, not France etc.. but the allies collectively. Since then, America ends up shooting it's allies. America has never won a war, it partakes with others. You didn't even win 1776, the French saved the colonies arse's.

I've been to America many times more than you've been to the UK, which I bet is zero. I've been to Florida some 13 times, and North Carolina many more times than that. Bellend.

You've captured the essence of Dagosa. Good job!

You've captured the essence of Dagosa. Good job!
Sadly, he/she/shim doesn't do America any justice or credit. A handful of Americans come out with the same old rhetoric, probably expecting foreigners not to know history. I've lost track of the thread cos of those two idiots, thinking nouns are verbs.

The entire war effort was supplied by American oil. The manufacturing might of the US was essential and totally dominated both Germany and Japan. Without the US engagement, even Russia would have lost to Germany let alone ALL of Europe.

We shoot what allies ?

It’s ashamed that with all the trips you made to the United States, you didn’t notice at all the influences of all the nationalities on the American version of the English Language.
Geesus, how did you manage to miss it ?

Last edited:
The entire war effort was supplied by American oil. The manufacturing might of the US was essential and totally dominated both Germany and Japan. Without the US engagement, even Russia would have lost to Germany let alone ALL of Europe.

We shoot what allies ?

It’s ashamed that with all the trips you made to the United States, you didn’t notice at all the influences of all the nationalities on the American version of the English Language.
Geesus, how did you manage to miss it ?
Do you know about the Land Lease Act? Did you realise the UK paid that off? Did you know America always came into the world wars late? Did you realise that the British army had to step in and coordinate your troops because you were getting massacred? Did you not realise the French saved the colony's arses in 1776? Did you realise the colonies contained many British citizens? Did you not know that Merriam Webster detested the Brits, hence his dictionary? Webster made American English phonetic, the English language is not phonetic, hence why you guys try to write English in the way you speak it, then speak it the way it's written. The only one that influenced English in America was Webster.

You don't have to be macho, you don't have to be the guy on top of the mountain holding the flag, you are allowed to get on with others, you don't have to toxic individualistic.

Off my mother's side, my great grandmother had 13 kids, the youngest moved to Jacksonville, Florida. She married a guy in the merchant navy. They then retired to North Carolina, hence the visits. Both have since died, but they have family in North Carolina, hence why we still visit now and then.

I've probably been to Raleigh airport more times than you've had hot dinners. How many times have you flown to the UK.

Please go away, you are wasting oxygen.

Some of my ancestors came from France through the Duke of Normandy, from Scotland from England and little else but I have been American all my life thus unsure on how they spoke over there including old English I speak American NOT English which is why there are differences in spelling and pronunciation's thus we are indeed divided by language.

Some of my ancestors came from France through the Duke of Normandy, from Scotland from England and little else but I have been American all my life thus unsure on how they spoke over there including old English I speak American NOT English which is why there are differences in spelling and pronunciation's thus we are indeed divided by language.
And there's one subtle difference between the English speaking cultures. Only one of them mentions the language unprompted, for no reason, then claims they're the experts on it, but never mind.

Have you visited Scotland, France, or England? We've been looking online to buy a derelict house in France and do up, but not too far from the Channel coast.

And there's one subtle difference between the English speaking cultures. Only one of them mentions the language unprompted, for no reason, then claims they're the experts on it, but never mind.

Have you visited Scotland, France, or England? We've been looking online to buy a derelict house in France and do up, but not too far from the Channel coast.
Never been in Europe at all been in Asia 4 times.

I could visit the "Royal" home of Robert the Duke of Normandy who sired William I but he doesn't seem to have one that survived to visit who would believe an American.... that he is my many times Grandpa of 2,000 years ago.

Forum List

Back