Global Warming and heatwaves

Relay

Jul 19, 2006
Right now it is really hot here the sun is shining and the temperature is 30 Celsuis in the shadow (just so you can any idear how hot it really is in the sun)
I Scanning around the net and find this

Europe's heatwave claims victims
Heatwave breaks record for July
No relief for South, Southern Plains
Power outages interrupt train, air service in New York

And i start to thinking about the american denial of such things as global warming, or how should i see the ongoing bashing against the Kyoto protocol.
What to do in the future how to adapt to this weather cycle?
I stood in a shower for an hour yesterday evening and still felt too hot a few minutes after i done that.

Relay said:
Right now it is really hot here the sun is shining and the temperature is 30 Celsuis in the shadow (just so you can any idear how hot it really is in the sun)

And i start to thinking about the american denial of such things as global warming, or how should i see the ongoing bashing against the Kyoto protocol.
I stood in a shower for an hour yesterday evening and still felt too hot a few minutes after i done that.

Maybe if you thought about all the people who starved in the last mini-ice age you will feel better.

or the next one
"Mini Ice Age" May Be Coming Soon, Sea Study Warns
James Owen
for National Geographic News

November 30, 2005
Chilling new evidence from the Atlantic Ocean is raising fears that western Europe could soon be gripped by a mini ice age.

Global warming is slowing down the ocean current that carries warm waters from the tropics to the North Atlantic, scientists say.

RELATED
Ocean "Conveyor Belt" Sustains Sea Life, Study Says
Global Warming Fast Facts
Global Warming May Alter Atlantic Currents, Study Says

In the 2004 eco-disaster movie The Day After Tomorrow, a similar scenario spurred sudden, catastrophic climate change, with much of Europe and the United Stated transformed into frozen wastelands within days.

That scenario remains far-fetched. But British scientists say their new findings indicate that the threat looks all too real for northern Europe and marine animals.

Researchers at the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton, England, found that the flow of warm ocean currents toward northwest Europe has declined by 30 percent since the 1950s.

The research, to be published tomorrow in the journal Nature, is based on data collected in a great swath of the Atlantic between West Africa and Florida.

Led by oceanographer Harry Bryden, the team detected other key changes in the overall Atlantic circulation system.

For one thing, there appears to be a 50 percent reduction in the amount of cold, deep water flowing from the North Atlantic to the tropics, the team says.

Also, the researchers found a 50 percent increase in currents circulating within subtropical seas without reaching higher latitudes. More warm waters, that is, are staying put in the tropics.

The study supports computer model predictions suggesting that global warming will switch off the North Atlantic current in the next 50 to 100 years. (See "Global Warming May Alter Atlantic Currents, Study Says.")

"This provides the first evidence that such a slowdown is actually occurring," said Detlef Quadfasel, oceanographer at the University of Hamburg in Germany.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1130_051130_ice_age.html

The Earth has been "warming" up since the last Ice Age, not just the last 100 years.

And George W. Bush signing a Kyoto Protocol isn't going to reverse that.

theHawk said:
The Earth has been "warming" up since the last Ice Age, not just the last 100 years.

And George W. Bush signing a Kyoto Protocol isn't going to reverse that.
And he's not going to. On the other hand, is there one developed country that did sign it, that is anywhere close to meeting the 'mandates?' :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh things would be so much better if the US had signed....

My head is boiling right now the temperature raised to 31 celsius in the shadow. Only single clouds and no sign of rain in a near future here.

Relay said:
My head is boiling right now the temperature raised to 31 celsius in the shadow. Only single clouds and no sign of rain in a near future here.
Where are you that 87F seems so 'boiling?'

Relay said:

LOL. On going bashing. :laugh:

Even Canada had to buy credits from Russia in order to avoid fines. Nothing like the 'appearence' of compliance to shut the populace up.

According to the French business association, between 1990 and 2002, French steel plants reduced their specific emission of CO2 by 22%, while increasing their steel production by 13%. The group estimates that steelmakers have avoided the emission of 46 million tons. According to an official November 2002 MIES report on France's progress towards meeting its Kyoto goals, the country's carbon dioxide emissions have been brought down 15.5% from 1990 to 2001 (EIA data shows otherwise). The report stated that French industry has reduced emissions by 25 % over this period, and energy generation companies by 22%.

However, the report showed that France's emissions from transport and home heating have increased during the same time period. The MIES report stated that carbon emissions from transport have risen more than 26% since 1990, and emissions from house heating more than 12%. These two sectors produced 47% of greenhouse gases emitted in France in 2001, according to MIES.

More good stuff here: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/franenv.html
You'll also notice, in the above article, it is stated that while industry is not the biggest polluter, they are expected to make the required adjustments.

Here, just look at the charts for yourself.http://ec.europa.eu/environment/climat/emission/citl_en.htm

Relay said:

You WASTED an hours worth of water?!!!!! And complain about environmental stuff?:rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
If I say yes, does that justify wasting a natural resource then bitching about the rejection of the Kyoto treaty? Yer French ain’t ya?:)
And u live in a country who are the biggest polluter on this planet, and you dare to lecture me about this! (I am not French)
And i didnt keep water flowing for one hour if you wonder.

Relay said:
And u live in a country who are the biggest polluter on this planet, and you dare to lecture me about this! (I am not French)
And i didnt keep water flowing for one hour if you wonder.
Well, you said you did, now which is it?

Relay said:

lol 31c "boiling"? Try summers in Arizona, 46c, feels good!

Relay said:

It's hard to find comparisons on pollution between US and EU, but here is one:

http://www.pacificresearch.org/pub/sab/enviro/04_enviroindex/09_air.html

Forum List

Back