Global Solar PV Installations Grew 34% In 2015

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

January 22nd, 2016 by Joshua S Hill
Global solar PV installation for 2015 increased 34% over 2014 numbers, reaching an estimated 59 GW by the end of the year.
This, according to preliminary numbers from GTM Research published today.
“The fourth-quarter of 2015 showed that global PV demand is very much at the mercy of government support which can often be unpredictable and idiosyncratic, leading to often negative but sometimes positive outcomes,” said Mohit Anand, a senior solar analyst with GTM Research.

Most importantly, towards the end of 2015 the decision by the US Government to extend the Investment Tax Credit showed just what an impact government support can have on the market, with the US share of expected global PV demand between 2015 and 2020 increasing from an average of 10% to 15% as a direct result of the ITC extension.
GTM Research is also predicting a substantial increase in solar PV demand in the Asia Pacific region (excluding China) in 2016 and beyond, but a reduction in Feed-in Tariffs in Japan, the UK, and China have tempered global expectations.

For something that suppose to be such a failure, it sure kicks some ass.

Now Todd, why do you want to show yourself to be this stupid? This is not just one country, this is worldwide.

And we are still wasting tax subsidies on oil and coal.

Now Todd, why do you want to show yourself to be this stupid? This is not just one country, this is worldwide.

And we are still wasting tax subsidies on oil and coal.

With subsidies, solar in most parts of the country remains more expensive than natural gas, coal, and nuclear. Without subsidies, solar is 35 percent to 40 percent more expensive, according to Bloomberg.........

In reducing government backing, the U.S. is following Europe’s example. After years of generous renewable subsidies, Germany, Spain, and the Czech Republic have cut back recently. In January the U.K. plans to slash subsidies for rooftop solar panels by 87 percent.

Say Goodbye to Solar Power Subsidies

And I happen to agree with the cutbacks on the subsidies for wind and solar. They are mature enough technologies that they can stand on their own. Which they are doing.

Record boost in new solar power continues massive industry growth

A record amount of solar power was added to the world’s grids in 2014, pushing total cumulative capacity to 100 times the level it was in 2000.
Around 40GW of solar power was installed last year, meaning there is now a total of 178GW to meet world electricity demand, prompting renewable energy associations to claim that a tipping point has been reached that will allow rapid acceleration of the technology.

“For the first time ever in Europe, renewables produced more power than nuclear – and solar power was key in achieving this remarkable achievement,” said Michael Schmela, executive adviser to trade body SolarPower Europe, which compiled the statistics published on Tuesday.

Trump is taxing solar panels 30% & they are still being installed!

I live with a solar power installation. That's what "off-grid" means in Alaska. But I also run a home without lots of modern amenities. No microwave, for instance. My slow cooker is a dutch oven on the wood-burning stove. We back things up in the winter (when the sun is limited) with wind-generated power or a generator. During the winter, I use lanterns for light, when needed.
Solar and wind power are not suited for large-scale power generation, but individual and small-scale power requirements, especially for people willing to divest themselves of a lot of extraneous appliances, are well suited.

Lots of stupid, rich liberals out there.
Funny how this week Innovative Solar Systems sent letters to US farmers offering to pay $1,250 per acre, per year to rent 150 acres of my land for 20+ years to install a 50MW solar farm.

Why is that funny?
You claim solar is not competitive & gets subsidized, when the facts are solar is taxed, tariffed & being built out by people & companies big & small to make money!

Funny how this week Innovative Solar Systems sent letters to US farmers offering to pay $1,250 per acre, per year to rent 150 acres of my land for 20+ years to install a 50MW solar farm.

Why is that funny?
You claim solar is not competitive & gets subsidized, when the facts are solar is taxed, tariffed & being built out by people & companies big & small to make money!

You claim solar is not competitive & gets subsidized,

Only because it gets subsidized. Here's one example.........

DSIRE

Why is that funny?

DSIRE
Epic Fail! You linked to California. Innovative Solar Systems is expanding into Missouri under Trumps's 30% SOLAR TAX!!!

Why is that funny?

DSIRE
Epic Fail! You linked to California. Innovative Solar Systems is expanding into Missouri under Trumps's 30% SOLAR TAX!!!

Epic Fail! You linked to Ca

Me>>Solar is subsidized.

You>>No it isn't

Me>>Look at this money California gives to solar

You>>California doesn't count.

Me>>Have you always been a moron?

Why is that funny?

DSIRE

DSIRE

DSIRE

DERP!

REW_WindPowerGrows1.png

Forum List

Back