Glenn Beck Tries Out Decency

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I don't know what to make of this guy any longer. I've always considered him a bit of a nutcase, but it looks like he may have come to that conclusion about himself, also.

*snip*

Glenn Beck clicked on a video of Michelle Obama campaigning for Hillary Clinton in a New Hampshire gymnasium. The First Lady ripped into Trump’s comments, calling them “disgraceful” and “intolerable,” and adding, “It doesn’t matter what party you belong to—Democrat, Republican, Independent—no woman deserves to be treated this way.” Beck was mesmerized. On his radio program that day, he heralded Obama’s remarks as “the most effective political speech I have heard since Ronald Reagan.”

“Those words hit me where I live,” Beck said the other day. He was speedwalking up Eighth Avenue with his wife, son, and daughter, all in from Toronto. “If you’re a decent human being, those words were dead on.”

Decency is a fresh palette for Beck, who, at Fox, used to scribble on a chalkboard while launching into conspiratorial rants about looming Weimar-esque hyperinflation, Barack Obama’s ties to radicals with population-cleansing schemes, and a Marxist-Islamist cabal itching to take over America. He once described Clinton as “a stereotypical bitch” and accused Obama of being a racist with a “deep-seated hatred for white people.”

That was the old Beck, he insists: “I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama.” But, he said, “Obama made me a better man.” He regrets calling the President a racist and counts himself a Black Lives Matter supporter. “There are things unique to the African-American experience that I cannot relate to,” he said. “I had to listen to them.”

Beck’s interactions with Donald Trump helped, too. He told a story of Trump summoning him to a guest room at Mar-a-Lago; Trump then telephoned him from an adjacent room. “We had this weird, almost Howard Hughes-like conversation,” Beck said. He left convinced that Trump was nuts. “This guy is dangerously unhinged,” he said. “And, for all the things people have said about me over the years, I should be able to spot Dangerously Unhinged.”

Beck went on, “What’s most tragic about this is us. We have, as a culture, embraced the bad guys. I love Tony Soprano. But, when a Tony Soprano shows up in your life, you don’t love him so much.

*snip*

Beck is a media whore just like all the other ones regardless of flavor. He'll do anything to make a buck.

I don't know what to make of this guy any longer. I've always considered him a bit of a nutcase, but it looks like he may have come to that conclusion about himself, also.

*snip*

Glenn Beck clicked on a video of Michelle Obama campaigning for Hillary Clinton in a New Hampshire gymnasium. The First Lady ripped into Trump’s comments, calling them “disgraceful” and “intolerable,” and adding, “It doesn’t matter what party you belong to—Democrat, Republican, Independent—no woman deserves to be treated this way.” Beck was mesmerized. On his radio program that day, he heralded Obama’s remarks as “the most effective political speech I have heard since Ronald Reagan.”

“Those words hit me where I live,” Beck said the other day. He was speedwalking up Eighth Avenue with his wife, son, and daughter, all in from Toronto. “If you’re a decent human being, those words were dead on.”

Decency is a fresh palette for Beck, who, at Fox, used to scribble on a chalkboard while launching into conspiratorial rants about looming Weimar-esque hyperinflation, Barack Obama’s ties to radicals with population-cleansing schemes, and a Marxist-Islamist cabal itching to take over America. He once described Clinton as “a stereotypical bitch” and accused Obama of being a racist with a “deep-seated hatred for white people.”

That was the old Beck, he insists: “I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama.” But, he said, “Obama made me a better man.” He regrets calling the President a racist and counts himself a Black Lives Matter supporter. “There are things unique to the African-American experience that I cannot relate to,” he said. “I had to listen to them.”

Beck’s interactions with Donald Trump helped, too. He told a story of Trump summoning him to a guest room at Mar-a-Lago; Trump then telephoned him from an adjacent room. “We had this weird, almost Howard Hughes-like conversation,” Beck said. He left convinced that Trump was nuts. “This guy is dangerously unhinged,” he said. “And, for all the things people have said about me over the years, I should be able to spot Dangerously Unhinged.”

Beck went on, “What’s most tragic about this is us. We have, as a culture, embraced the bad guys. I love Tony Soprano. But, when a Tony Soprano shows up in your life, you don’t love him so much.

*snip*
Beck is a total disgrace.

images

Beck has lost his audience, and is in the middle of losing his empire.
He's now bitter and mad, and is striking out at the people who built him.

It's never too late to grow up and become an adult. Sounds like Beck is realizing how fucking bat shit crazy the right wing has become in our country, and probably feels a little bit responsible for stoking those flames of crazy for all those years. He's finally maturing. Having a first hand, personal experience with the evil, dark, sinister unhinged orange orangutan was probably the catalyst for his transformation. Like a butterfly emerges from its cocoon, Beck is emerging from the mental prison of right wing hate he built for himself.

Now you're free, Beck! Free as a butterfly!

Beck is a media whore just like all the other ones regardless of flavor. He'll do anything to make a buck.

That's called capitalism here.
Correct, sir! God Bless America....and a whore is still a whore.

On the same subject, why don't we legalize prostitution since politicians and media personalities are all prostituting themselves, why not give Joe the Plumber a chance for a cheap legal lay?

Beck went under the bus as soon as he criticized Trump. Cultists do that to people.

What will be interesting to see is if they toss Trump under the bus, or if they keep following their disgraced and humiliated DearLeader.
Both. Most Republicans will return to their Civil War further weakening the nation's largest conservative party. A few will continue to follow Trump just like Gore had his diehard fans in 2000 and Hillary had hers in 2008.

Beck has lost his audience, and is in the middle of losing his empire.
He's now bitter and mad, and is striking out at the people who built him.
I think you're generalizing a bit. Beck never really had the same audience as Limbaugh and Hannity. He's much more religious-based, more end times, more "coming catastrophe", more conspiracy-based. That's why he hawks gold, freeze-dried survival food, etc.

So it's not accurate to describe him as a turncoat who wouldn't support the millionaire. If Party hacks like Levin and Hannity hadn't supported Drumpf it would have been a much bigger deal in Wingnut World.

That's called capitalism here.
Correct, sir! God Bless America....and a whore is still a whore.

On the same subject, why don't we legalize prostitution since politicians and media personalities are all prostituting themselves, why not give Joe the Plumber a chance for a cheap legal lay?
He's not a plumber. #StolenValor

Beck has drifted into a fantasy world in the last couple of years since his tearful departure from Fox.. The (former?) admitted alcoholic seems incoherent lately on his radio shows.

Forum List

Back