Glenn Beck totals rental SUV after daughter’s wedding

How is he a moron..?

There was a mudslide and his SUV went down with it.... :dunno:

Just glad his family was out of the vehicle when it went.

The former Fox News host was at the door to his lakeside cottage when he heard his wife, Tania, scream.

"I see my wife dressed in her evening gown from the wedding, and she's holding on to the door handle of the car as the car is starting to slide down the hill, and I just said, 'Let it go honey,'" Beck said. "And the car rolled down the hill. And rolled. And flipped."

No one was hurt, though he said a member of his security team barely escaped injury from the SUV thinking one of Beck's kids was still inside.

He "got into the front of the car [and] looked behind him to see if my son was in the backseat," the 48-year-old conservative lightning rod continued. "He jumped out of the car just as it started to roll. ... It was like an action movie.

"I honestly said to the kids, 'Well let's go say our prayers and go to bed,'" Beck said. "It was just one of those days. I watched my car roll down the hill, literally roll. I just stood there. And I'm like, 'All right let's go to bed.'"

glenn-beck-suv-wreck_zps2cc07cae.jpg

On his radio show on Tuesday, Beck described the ordeal, saying after the ceremony he parked the rental SUV—a Ford Explorer—along a rain-soaked hill in the Finger Lakes area of New York, and forgot to put on the parking brake. Beck and his wife had already gotten out of the car when it began to slide, eventually flipping over, he said.

He forgot to put on the parking break and it began to slide? I've been driving forever and have parked on many a hill and have forgotten to put the parking brake on ... but have never had the car go down a hill. Is that normal? Did he not put the car in park? Do Explorers suck? Weird.

man oh man, posting on someones accident and laughing about it...

I wonder if they laughed at Ted Kennedy's accident where he left a woman to DROWN?

low

How is he a moron..?

In those conditions, wouldn't you use the parking brake?

Please explain how a parking brake is going to keep the mud from sliding under the wheels... :confused:

Plus, I do not think I defended Becks prowess behind the wheel. :)

I wonder if they laughed at Ted Kennedy's accident where he left a woman to DROWN?

low

I think God is trying to send him a warning for being a cultist who follows a con man named Joseph Smith.

And you wingnuts make light of Kennedy's accident all the time, so STFU, skank.

How is he a moron..?

Please explain how a parking brake is going to keep the mud from sliding under the wheels... :confused:

Plus, I do not think I defended Becks prowess behind the wheel. :)
In those conditions would you park on a hill?

He's Glenn Beck and it's his daughter's wedding: he can't get a good parking spot?

C'mon.

low

I think God is trying to send him a warning for being a cultist who follows a con man named Joseph Smith.

go back to dailykos, they are missing one of their idiots

low

go back to dailykos, they are missing one of their idiots
USMB isn't, when you're here.

Where's it say there was a mudslide?

Yeah, I've forgotten to put the parking brake on while parked on a hill ... hasn't everyone?

low

So the SUV is a warning. But all the money Glenn is blessed with is not any indication of God's feelings?

How is he a moron..?

I have been driving since 1958. I had cars with both standard and automatic transmission.
NEVER used the parking brake. Put standard in first gear, automatic in Parking gear when you turn the engine off, your car will go nowhere.

In a mudslide neither would help, and it takes a REAL moron not to realize that.

How is he a moron..?

I have been driving since 1958. I had cars with both standard and automatic transmission.
NEVER used the parking brake. Put standard in first gear, automatic in Parking gear when you turn the engine off, your car will go nowhere.

In a mudslide neither would help, and it takes a REAL moron not to realize that.

I agree that Beck is a moron. But his security should have told him to park on a level surface, even if his common sense didn't.

Forum List

Back