Giving Financially Mismanaged States a Bailout Is Morally Reprehensible

Yet those who didn't vote for the bad leader, still suffer. I didn't vote for the lousy leader in the White House, and yet my family suffers from that moron.

I didn't vote for Newsom who is a horrible leader for California.

My family suffers from his insane policies!!!

Really, how does your family suffer. Please don't be shy, you can tell the readers in full without providing any personal information.
\
"Insane policies"? I wonder what those might be.

The motto of a Faux Conservative is this: I (or we) got ours, fuck the rest of you.

Damn Rye, what a lie!

Rye Catcher

Lets fess up now, shall we?

YOU GOT YOURS AND DON'T GAF ABOUT THE REST OF THE TAXPAYERS

IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA THAT HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR PHAT

@SS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Not your fault of course.

But don't pretend you're better than or different from the quote in your post.

I do have mine, a great retirement which puts me in a very high tax bracket, life time medical care, and a nice home in a community most people would love to live in. That said, we (wife and I) are isolated (so to speak); yesterday I went to the Salvation Army and left a huge box for their food bank, in the morning I went to Safeway, and stocked up on food for us, and for a future run to Sally (an agency I learned to use and love during my days as a deputy, helping the poor).

29 Apr 2020 ~~ By Jeff Webb
“Never let a crisis go to waste.” Those now infamous words ring as true, maybe truer, today than ever before and the current crisis is no exception. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, Americans are witnessing a new epidemic emerge—an epidemic of middle-class theft. Politicians in states that have been fiscally irresponsible for decades, amassing massive levels of debt and unfunded liabilities are coming hat in hand to the federal government—to you, the middle-class taxpayer—in an attempt to exploit our current health crisis to solve their financial mismanagement.
Such exploitation rightfully begs the question: why should the taxpayers of fiscally responsible states be forced by the federal government to bail out the states who failed, in many cases for decades on end, to wisely and responsibly manage their finances?
In fact, the systemic mismanagement of state finances by many, arguably most states, dates to well prior to the current health crisis and is not limited to merely pension fund obligations. Let’s take a look at the financial stewardship of the four states referenced above:
Illinois: Current debt $165 billion​
New York: Current debt $349 billion​
New Jersey: Current debt $95 billion​
Michigan: Current debt $73 billion​
Each of these states, along with many others, was running budget deficits prior to the coronavirus. So, again, we are forced to ask the question: why should the taxpayers of fiscally responsible states be forced to clean up the mess and foot the bill for the fiscally irresponsible ones?
As Washington gets ready to look at yet another round of coronavirus relief and with the U.S. national debt rapidly approaching $30 trillion, Congress must reject any notion that the citizens of another state should be forced to bailout the irresponsibility of another. Failure to do so will result in yet another unfair financial burden being redistributed to today’s middle class and tomorrow’s children and grandchildren.

Comment:
It is pretty obvious to me that the next time the PMS/DSA Democrats grab power in the US, they will bail out the Blue States that have failed to control spending, pension plans, and address their fiscal problems through anything other than higher taxes.
In fact, there is a decent chance they will pass a living wage and other big ticket dreams as part of the “Green New Deal” along with draconian environmental taxes, regulation, and restrictions that will kill a significant number of jobs.
Will our nation allow this?
Sadly, after observing events in the last month I have changed my answer to the unthinkable. On top of that, they will gut the military and bow down to the UN once again and pay homage to China.
When do the citizens of America call a halt to taxation they just can't afford. When our family budget is tight, we have to make decisions about what we will do without to pay for the necessities. Shame we didn't get that balanced budget amendment prior to this happening. I think government pension/retirement systems would be a good place to start. As a public servant you were elected to serve, not be set on a throne the rest of your life. We have to start thinking term limits for those we elect.

What a load of shit.

One has to ask how a red state like kentucky receives from the Federal government $2.50 for every dollar it sends. New York on the other hand receives just 90 cents back for each dollar.

Who is floating who...

Wrong.... See:
One big point of difference among state economies is the tax burden of the average citizen. This number varies greatly. But what are the reasons behind why some states tax their residents more or less?

If a state can afford not to tax its residents at high rates, there are multiple explanations. One is that their economic policies are sound and the state economy is doing well. But another is that the state gets disproportionately more funding from the federal government than states with harsher tax codes.

Americans have looked at federal assistance programs with growing scrutiny. Under the current administration, the number of people dependent on government assistance has decreased. Regardless of overall trends, though, it is true that some states receive a far higher return on their federal income-tax contributions than others.

Just how big is this difference? And to what extent does it change our perception of state and local tax rates around the country? WalletHub sought to answer those questions by comparing the 50 states in terms of three key metrics. Read on for our findings, commentary from a panel of experts, and a detailed explanation of our methodology.

1MAIN FINDINGS2RED VS. BLUE STATES3CORRELATION ANALYSIS
4ASK THE EXPERTS5METHODOLOGY

Main Findings

EMBED ON YOUR WEBSITE

Most Federally Dependent States

Rank
(1 = Most Dependent)
StateTotal Score‘State Residents’ Dependency’ Rank ‘State Government’s Dependency’ Rank
9Alabama61.56814
6Alaska67.9277
7Arizona65.61125
21Arkansas39.264013
39California24.974334
36Colorado25.663936
37Connecticut25.312243
48Delaware15.425042
28Florida33.262727
23Georgia35.213218
41Hawaii24.651050
27Idaho33.392033
46Illinois18.404841
8Indiana62.77910
38Iowa25.303437
50Kansas11.844148
5Kentucky69.7868
12Louisiana54.20303
14Maine47.401519
18Maryland41.821331
45Massachusetts19.164739
26Michigan33.522923
44Minnesota19.752846
2Mississippi79.4154
17Missouri44.472412
4Montana70.70141
40Nebraska24.784432
31Nevada31.373629
29New Hampshire32.673522
47New Jersey17.554940
1New Mexico82.2116
25New York33.894615
35North Carolina27.953135
13North Dakota53.11244
32Ohio30.384520
19Oklahoma41.421921
24Oregon34.452626
16Pennsylvania46.431716
30Rhode Island31.493725
10South Carolina61.31330
22South Dakota38.592517
15Tennessee46.902111
34Texas30.154228
49Utah15.233347
20Vermont40.451824
43Virginia23.731149
42Washington24.183838
3West Virginia70.7049
33Wisconsin30.221645
11Wyoming58.92232

'
Really dishonest ranking

So, you don't want to have the United States of America, you just want States Conservatives Approve of in America, and tell the rest of the country to go to hell. Ain't much of a patriot, are you?

What a crock!

Why should I pay for anybody elses financial mismanagement?

I don't even live in california or NY or shitcago...and all 50 states are supposed to pay for THEIR pensions? To hell with that noise!

Why was NY so unprepared for this pandemic? Why no extra ventilators or masks or gowns?

Because they'll let their own people die before spending their own money...THAT'S WHY! Let a few million die & the fed-gov will pay for it.

But when the fed-gov pays for it...all 50 states pay for it!
BULLSHIT, ALL FIFTY STATES DO NOT PAY FOR IT; THIS IS A DAMN LIE!!!

“Never let a crisis go to waste.” Those now infamous words ring as true, maybe truer, today than ever before and the current crisis is no exception. In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, Americans are witnessing a new epidemic emerge—an epidemic of middle-class theft. Politicians in states that have been fiscally irresponsible for decades, amassing massive levels of debt and unfunded liabilities are coming hat in hand to the federal government—to you, the middle-class taxpayer—in an attempt to exploit our current health crisis to solve their financial mismanagement.
Such exploitation rightfully begs the question: why should the taxpayers of fiscally responsible states be forced by the federal government to bail out the states who failed, in many cases for decades on end, to wisely and responsibly manage their finances?
In fact, the systemic mismanagement of state finances by many, arguably most states, dates to well prior to the current health crisis and is not limited to merely pension fund obligations. Let’s take a look at the financial stewardship of the four states referenced above:
Each of these states, along with many others, was running budget deficits prior to the coronavirus. So, again, we are forced to ask the question: why should the taxpayers of fiscally responsible states be forced to clean up the mess and foot the bill for the fiscally irresponsible ones?
As Washington gets ready to look at yet another round of coronavirus relief and with the U.S. national debt rapidly approaching $30 trillion, Congress must reject any notion that the citizens of another state should be forced to bailout the irresponsibility of another. Failure to do so will result in yet another unfair financial burden being redistributed to today’s middle class and tomorrow’s children and grandchildren.

Comment:
It is pretty obvious to me that the next time the PMS/DSA Democrats grab power in the US, they will bail out the Blue States that have failed to control spending, pension plans, and address their fiscal problems through anything other than higher taxes.
In fact, there is a decent chance they will pass a living wage and other big ticket dreams as part of the “Green New Deal” along with draconian environmental taxes, regulation, and restrictions that will kill a significant number of jobs.
Sadly, after observing events in the last month I have changed my answer to the unthinkable. On top of that, they will gut the military and bow down to the UN once again and pay homage to China.
When do the citizens of America call a halt to taxation they just can't afford. When our family budget is tight, we have to make decisions about what we will do without to pay for the necessities. Shame we didn't get that balanced budget amendment prior to this happening. I think government pension/retirement systems would be a good place to start. As a public servant you were elected to serve, not be set on a throne the rest of your life. We have to start thinking term limits for those we elect.

This guy is a lying little weasel. The fact is that all states are suffering from a loss of revenue. All 50 of them cannot be poorly run. The fact is that all states and local governments will have to either raise taxes or make severe budget cuts. What we have are fascists who are trying to take advantage of a crisis by trying to create anarchy. These right wing fanatics are trying to destroy the country.

So, you don't want to have the United States of America, you just want States Conservatives Approve of in America, and tell the rest of the country to go to hell. Ain't much of a patriot, are you?

What a crock!

Why should I pay for anybody elses financial mismanagement?

I don't even live in california or NY or shitcago...and all 50 states are supposed to pay for THEIR pensions? To hell with that noise!

Why was NY so unprepared for this pandemic? Why no extra ventilators or masks or gowns?

Because they'll let their own people die before spending their own money...THAT'S WHY! Let a few million die & the fed-gov will pay for it.

But when the fed-gov pays for it...all 50 states pay for it!

You are the crock and garbage. This has nothing to do with pensions. This has to do with replacing revenue that has been lost due to the coronavirus. Every state is being hit by this. Kentucky's pension fund is among the worst in the nation. Why was this country so unprepared for the coronavirus? Because Trump is more concerned about his re-election than people dying.

All of these people elected though. They are so much better but had no opportunity in the past. That is what we were told with political correctness, diversity, quotas and more. All we got was Hitler like people. Humanity has seen that, been there.

Comment:

This guy is a lying little weasel. The fact is that all states are suffering from a loss of revenue. All 50 of them cannot be poorly run. The fact is that all states and local governments will have to either raise taxes or make severe budget cuts. What we have are fascists who are trying to take advantage of a crisis by trying to create anarchy. These right wing fanatics are trying to destroy the country.

~~~~~~
You've got to be kidding... The states and counties will still collect their property taxes when due along with their DMV, water, sewer and whatever taxes they've decided to place on their citizens....

Thanks for your eloquent defense of Grasshopperism. You want all the rest of the United States
to come around and bail out the states that didn't save, that didn't live within their means, that didn't give a damn about managing their money wisely, that sold out to Big Public Unions and endless pensions and
democrat Ponzi schemes which is the common denominator in this all?

And worse of all you have the crass nerve to make those not down with pulling New Jersey's fat bloated ass (for instance) out of the fire of their own making the bad guys here?

You can fuck yourself just like you want to fuck responsible America now. Fuck yourself long, hard and deep
just like you want to fuck the states that didn't indulge in Grasshopper-nomics.

You are the biggest dumbass. No one anticipated this. EVERY state both red and blue will suffer. Ohio is anticipating a 20% budget cut. Many states and local governments will raise taxes because you can't cut without harming these entities. This has nothing to do with pensions and lying weasels like you should have a tub of soap shoved up your mouth.

You are the bad guy. You right wing fascists are trying to take over this country and it will not fly.

You can fuck yourself. Fuck the fascist right wingers you represent. You don't even know the meaning of the word responsible. The evil you represent will be defeated.

Comment:

~~~~~~
You've got to be kidding... The states and counties will still collect their property taxes when due along with their DMV, water, sewer and whatever taxes they've decided to place on their citizens....

They are seeing massive revenue losses. Lost jobs mean less tax revenue. That means more unemployment benefits that have to be paid out. Even red states like South Carolina has had to borrow money from the federal government to pay unemployment benefits. The collapse in oil prices has hurt many states. Much of the stuff you cite are small sources of revenue.

So, again, we are forced to ask the question: why should the taxpayers of fiscally responsible states be forced to clean up the mess and foot the bill for the fiscally irresponsible ones?
For the same reason that the Blue States support the Red welfare States every single year: for the benefit of the people of the union.

Well that was a softball question. Sorry I destroyed your thread so quickly.
Huh? Blue states can't even support themselves.

Put down your bottle of Jim Beam. This isn't about all states losing revenue because government will not
allow people to return to work. It's about the condition some states were in before social distancing
ever became a thing. Are you that dumb? Or are you pretending you are to defend all the big blue states that are running billion dollar deficits?

Why should Utah or Wyoming giver money to California or Illinois? Because they were so stupid, and still are,
they need to hold out their little tin cups while other states drop money in to help the needy?
Gavin Newsom just got through announcing he was going to give money to illegal immigrants because
of the Covid virus. They aren't trying to clean up their act. Stop being an idiot.

BULLSHIT, ALL FIFTY STATES DO NOT PAY FOR IT; THIS IS A DAMN LIE!!!

Then where does the money come from genius?

Does the magic money fairy sprinkle pennies from heaven?

If it's printed out of thin air we all pay for it thru inflation.

This has to do with replacing revenue that has been lost due to the coronavirus. Every state is being hit by this.

That's correct!

So all 50 states are going to bail out all 50 states?

That works about as well as your right hand giving money to your left hand!

Forum List

Back