Give 'em hell Barry!!!!!!

He's making an effort...

... which is more than can be said for salt the earth republicans.

Since when is throwing money down a black hole making an effort?

Go ask your grandfather who worked for a WPA program.

:thup:

Actually, that's a fair thing to ask. My grandfather, a lifelong carpenter-turned-general contractor, had lots of problems with the WPA. First was FDR's strict rules on no collective bargaining in federal activities. Second was the federal government's definition of "fair pay." He was not allowed to be paid for more than 30 hours per week (although he regularly worked 50), there were no benefits, and it was rife with corruption.

There's a reason they called it "We Poke Along" for a reason.

Are you saying that this country needs an 8 year long program employing 3 million people to get out of this recession? Are you okay with making them all part time pay for full time obligation? Will you follow FDR's rule on no collective bargaining or union organizing on the project (and no foreman organizers at all)?

the Brits followed us in the debacle that is Iraq, show some fucking respect for their efforts and losses. they did not have to go there with us. I feel they have a some skin in the game as they sent their young men to die in Iraq for no good reason.

grow up.

Use the Quote function, dumb shit.
Nobody said anything negative about the British, unless you took giving them Obama as a jab. In which case, your love for "this Obama" guy is a facade.

Shut the fuck up.

An autocrat making demands isn't "bipartisan" you illiterate dope.

... Probably not to someone from the party of "fuck you", I guess. Enjoy the bed you are making for yourself.

The word "bipartisan" doesn't change, no matter what party you're in...The last thing that is "bipartisan" is the Emperor coming out and ordering around the parliament.

But please, continue making a jackass out of yourself, while you continue to deny the meaning of even the most basic of terms....It is what you do best, anyways.

Again, his solutions were not embedded in liberal ideals; there was more talk of tax breaks than tax increases. Your problem is that you simply don't care about ANY solution effort from Obama. That man could literally shit gold and you'd cry that it isn't shiny enough.

he no more ordered anyone than you are proving what kind of genius you are. He implored congress to act because the nation is withering on the fucking vine thanks to you crybabies.

Go ahead and hide behind some laughable webster's dictionary strawman, I guess. When you find that members of congress, whose approval rating is in the single digits, are hopping on board the Obama plan I look forward to your hyperbolic meltdown.

It's too bad those who criticize Obama and his ideas are unable to offer anything of substance; well, not too bad, it simply provides more evidence that those who support the far right are stupid. A shout out to Odd-dude, one of the dumbest of the dumb.

... Probably not to someone from the party of "fuck you", I guess. Enjoy the bed you are making for yourself.

I don't think oddball's a democrat
Since the democrats were the party of fuck you from 2009 until 2011....to the American people that is.

Go tell Eric Cantor that you heard that joke from a hurricane Irene victim.

:rofl:

Actually, that's a fair thing to ask. My grandfather, a lifelong carpenter-turned-general contractor, had lots of problems with the WPA. First was FDR's strict rules on no collective bargaining in federal activities. Second was the federal government's definition of "fair pay." He was not allowed to be paid for more than 30 hours per week (although he regularly worked 50), there were no benefits, and it was rife with corruption.

Are you saying that this country needs an 8 year long program employing 3 million people to get out of this recession? Are you okay with making them all part time pay for full time obligation? Will you follow FDR's rule on no collective bargaining or union organizing on the project (and no foreman organizers at all)?
You're supposed to forget about all of that and just genuflect at the altar of FDR, heathen! :lol:

so shovel ready which wasn't so shovel ready, has become, miraculously, shovel ready for real now?

did he send the Plan over to be scored by the CBO?

can someone link to it please?

$450 billion seems like a lot for shovels

:eusa_whistle:

well at what? 250K a job for the last -CENSORED by DNC- Bill , this one ought be to half that since its half the cost of the last -CENSORED by DNC- of 847 Billion.

You're supposed to forget about all of that and just genuflect at the altar of FDR, heathen! :lol:

Blessings be on his name.

Put on Your "Bogie" Shoes - Strawberries

Last edited by a moderator:

for every single story like that there are 100 more from those who were glad the WPA saved them from soup lines. Your grandfather wasn't an island during the aftermath of the depression.

Plenty of people, especially those looking at being kicked off of unemployment, would work full time for part time pay if it meant moving the economy along. I would bet on that horse long before starving the fucking entire barn.

YEA! who needs to preserve an effort for the MASSES when one asshole, who I'm betting was never forced into working with the WPA, is clearly the center of the UNIVERSE!!

party of "fuck you", indeed.

Last edited:

You mean Democrats used to be against collective bargaining... until they were for it?

The word "bipartisan" doesn't change, no matter what party you're in...The last thing that is "bipartisan" is the Emperor coming out and ordering around the parliament.

But please, continue making a jackass out of yourself, while you continue to deny the meaning of even the most basic of terms....It is what you do best, anyways.

Again, his solutions were not embedded in liberal ideals; there was more talk of tax breaks than tax increases. Your problem is that you simply don't care about ANY solution effort from Obama. That man could literally shit gold and you'd cry that it isn't shiny enough.

he no more ordered anyone than you are proving what kind of genius you are. He implored congress to act because the nation is withering on the fucking vine thanks to you crybabies.

Go ahead and hide behind some laughable webster's dictionary strawman, I guess. When you find that members of congress, whose approval rating is in the single digits, are hopping on board the Obama plan I look forward to your hyperbolic meltdown.

His proposals are pure bullshit....There is no bill...No nothing...

His plodding, pedantic, platitudinous speech ordered congress to do all the heavy lifting...That is in no way "bipartisan", you willful ignoramus.

He fucking voted "present" again.

YEA! who needs to preserve an effort for the MASSES when one asshole, who I'm betting was never forced into working with the WPA, is clearly the center of the UNIVERSE!!

FDR is GOOOOOOOOD! :lmao:

poor guy... did I send you into a rage of ad homs so soon? No wonder your kind would rather sink the fucking boat than bucket water over the side.

But, to answer your question, he MOSTLY mentioned tax breaks to fuel his plan. Usually, this would have your kind stroking it up by now. But, since you'd rather burn the forest down than plant a few new trees...

Weren't YOU democrats "the party of Fuck YOU!" the last time we had the White House? Have some more of your own medicine; it'll be good for you! We hate Barry, like you hated Bush; DEAL WITH IT! All we're doing is taking the dung you flung, and tossing it right back at you; hope you enjoy the smell!

His proposals are pure bullshit....There is no bill...No nothing...

His plodding, pedantic, platitudinous speech ordered congress to do all the heavy lifting...That is in no way "bipartisan", you willful ignoramus.

He fucking voted "present" again.

Your opinion is predictable and boring. No one is shocked that a pedantic partisan is critical of President Obama. Moreso, you aren't even breaking ground by auto-harping your reflexive "retort". Indeed, the party of "fuck you" is about as predicable as the rising sun.

when the bill comes, and you see the gop scrambling to keep from looking like vitriolic bitches, feel free to cry about the word bipartisan then.

FDR is GOOOOOOOOD! :lmao:

For millions of Americans, yes. I realize that you kinda have to believe that FDR was just shy of Hitler-evil but... you know...

:cuckoo:

Weren't YOU democrats "the party of Fuck YOU!" the last time we had the White House? Have some more of your own medicine; it'll be good for you! We hate Barry, like you hated Bush; DEAL WITH IT! All we're doing is taking the dung you flung, and tossing it right back at you; hope you enjoy the smell!

If that is the message you want to take into 2012... works for me!

:clap2:

Forum List

Back