Give Blood

I'm a 12 gallon Lifeline donor (blood and plasma). Caught Flu A during ski trip in early February, but haven't donated since. I always have felt bad for a day or so after donating. Chalked it up to my body not liking change and more than my mind. Question for skilled medical on this board: Being over 65, how much do you think (if any) it lowers my resistance to viral infection and for how long?
You have already gone far beyond the call. 12 gallons wow, you are the man!

I'm a 12 gallon Lifeline donor (blood and plasma). Caught Flu A during ski trip in early February, but haven't donated since. I always have felt bad for a day or so after donating. Chalked it up to my body not liking change and more than my mind. Question for skilled medical on this board: Being over 65, how much do you think (if any) it lowers my resistance to viral infection and for how long?

Short answer: No.

Hey, I don't think that we agree on a lot of things, but at least we can agree that it's a good thing to give blood, right? Thank you.

Absolutely!

Short answer: No.

Phony Doctor

View attachment 315280
I never said I was a doctor. You need no proof that you are a moron.
"Question for skilled medical on this board:"

But you responded to the above crybaby. Proof enough.

I asked my daughter who is an Army biologist, who is sitting right next to me, and then followed up with a link. Got a problem with that? If so, shut your cock holster!
Hey now. No social distancing there ?

I can't donate, I'm too small. I don't weigh enough. Well I think I could have a long time ago when I was pregnant, but I don't think they let you when you are pregnant.

It's too bad they don't let you just donate LESS when you're small, right? Like "pro-rate" it. I don't know.

I can't donate, I'm too small. I don't weigh enough. Well I think I could have a long time ago when I was pregnant, but I don't think they let you when you are pregnant.

It's too bad they don't let you just donate LESS when you're small, right? Like "pro-rate" it. I don't know.
My wife can't donate for the same reason. But yeah, just taking less would solve the problem, I think.

My wife can't donate for the same reason. But yeah, just taking less would solve the problem, I think.
Mine can't donate, due to drugs and chemo to beat cancer years ago. That is when I stepped up blood and plasma donations.

Forum List

Back