Girl Scouts delete social media post congratulating Amy Coney Barrett on Supreme Court appointment

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
After Nov 3rd will this be the future for many institutions or will America defend free speech and opinion? What is it about her competence that offends people?

The original post, shared by FOX 6 Milwaukee political reporter Jason Calvi, included the caption: "Congratulations Amy Coney Barrett on becoming the 5th woman appointed to the Supreme Court since its inception in 1789" ending with an emoji of hands raised up.

The post featured an image of Barrett; her two Supreme Court colleagues, associate justices Elena Kagen and Sonia Sotomayor; former associate justice Sandra Day O'Connor; and the late associate justice and Barrett's predecessor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The move quickly faced swift backlash from critics and lawmakers, with Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., tweeting, "What kind of patch does one earn for uplifting a woman who is the antithesis of justice?"

Another Twitter user, a "life-time Girl Scout", said she was "ashamed" of the post.

"I already felt uneasy as a trans person in this organization, but now I really understand that with this message that Girl Scouts really does not support me or my trans/LGBTQ siblings," she adde

After Nov 3rd will this be the future for many institutions or will America defend free speech and opinion? What is it about her competence that offends people?

The original post, shared by FOX 6 Milwaukee political reporter Jason Calvi, included the caption: "Congratulations Amy Coney Barrett on becoming the 5th woman appointed to the Supreme Court since its inception in 1789" ending with an emoji of hands raised up.

The post featured an image of Barrett; her two Supreme Court colleagues, associate justices Elena Kagen and Sonia Sotomayor; former associate justice Sandra Day O'Connor; and the late associate justice and Barrett's predecessor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The move quickly faced swift backlash from critics and lawmakers, with Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., tweeting, "What kind of patch does one earn for uplifting a woman who is the antithesis of justice?"

Another Twitter user, a "life-time Girl Scout", said she was "ashamed" of the post.

"I already felt uneasy as a trans person in this organization, but now I really understand that with this message that Girl Scouts really does not support me or my trans/LGBTQ siblings," she adde
Nobody forced the girl scouts to remove the post, and people have the right to boycott them if they don't remove it. boycotting is part of freedom of speech. Just like Trump has tried to boycott several companies

Question - HOW fucked up is THIS? Answer - VERY fucked up.:(

Nobody forced the girl scouts to remove the post, and people have the right to boycott them if they don't remove it. boycotting is part of freedom of speech. Just like Trump has tried to boycott several companies
Congratulations, you are an :ahole-1:!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Sure, now tell us it's all about the kids, fricken ass-wipe.

Why would anyone boycott an organization designed to help girls succeed because they congratulated a girl who succeeded?

Beyond stupid

One of the critics was a guy pretending to be a girl. Wonder if the Girl Scouts are regretting that dumbass decision?

No one is more misogynist than a Democrat woman. They gladly take the lead on debasing any woman who dares disagree with them. Democrat women are a bunch of Archie Bunkers. Thinking means thinking ... like them ... They tolerate no woman who disagrees with their bigoted views

Another knuckle dragging leftist. There is no reason to personally attack ACB because you're upset about politics. She's a judge and obviously a woman of integrity

Cancel culture.

Go Fuck Yourself!!

We have had about enough of this shit. No more talking about it. I do not want to "cancel" anyone anymore. I want to execute them. I want all motherfucking communist shits rounded up and put to death, because doing so is righteous and virtuous. They do not deserve life.

We will rid the world of commie pukes.

The further we continue down this path, the further we stray from the beliefs of "we the people"
These people are tearing our country apart at its "cultural seams."
Whether you believe or not, they simply envision our society without God in it.
We have a First Amendment. Right wingers can't seem to bear true witness to our own Constitutions even with a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge.

Just another once conservative organization gobbled up by Leftist political correctness.
Another clear case of pussified conservatism.

We know what comes with boycotts by the unhinged left. Violence, destruction of Girl Scout offices and meeting places and doxing in an attempt to harass and ruin people's lives.
We've seen it over and over again.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back