Gina Carano fired from Disneys Mandalorian & Lucasfilm

What the fuck are you talking about? Her Twitter account is her own account and wholly separate from her job. She has no obligation to say anything about the show in her tweets.

I am amazed you had the balls to actually say that.

Um, she's making money off the show. She really does have an obligation to say nice things about the show. It was actually, you know, kind of in her best interest.

I never said it wasn’t their right. I said It was stupid and due to cancel culture pressure. Learn to read.

Naw, it wasn't stupid. They just realized she wasn't worth the trouble.

But the POINT is that these firings are all wrong, and illegal.
The only time it is reasonable is when the tweet is deliberately offensive, the person is a high profile representative, and it is in the contract.

We live in a world of "At Will" employment. Your employer can fire you at any time for any reason if you don't have a contract. If you do have a contract, it's probably worded in such a way where they could fire you.

NONE of that is true with Gina.
Her posts are not at all offensive, she is not representing the company, and there is nothing in her contract.

Actually, it's not certain that she had a contract with Disney. In fact, Disney was pretty clear in stating she wasn't under contract after this latest debacle.

Keep in mind, this is Disney. Disney fired Rosanne Barr from her own show for making a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett. Even though she was the star of the show and a co-executive producer.
You’re missing the point. I am not debating that she can be fired but why she was. It wasn’t due to performance as the fans liked her. It wasn’t due to sexual abuse or committing a crime it was due to political views expressed on a far left platform. To me the optics are bad. My kids are 13 and 11. They have almost outgrown Disney. Cannot wait to cancel my subscription.

On her private Twitter account? No, she does not.

Except it wasn't "Private". Anyone could read it. She didn't mark it 'Friends only". She used it to promote her own career.

In short, she was kind of dumb.
She didn’t use it to promote her career. She used it as a platform to express her concern of where the country is going. Many celebrities do this but only those who lean right get fired or ostracized. Like Drew Brees saying he would stand for the anthem. Only reason the Saints didn’t release him was because he was a very good player. But the pressure was there. It must be interesting living a life with your head up your ass, Joe. Want to tattle again? I can link any mod you would like me to here. You are kind of dumb.

Now the looney Twitter mob is going after Henry Cavill for dating her. Why are all of you lefties so mentally ill?

On the bright side, if he gives into that shit, she's better off without him. Best to know if your boyfriend is a pussy before he becomes your husband.

You’re missing the point. I am not debating that she can be fired but why she was. It wasn’t due to performance as the fans liked her. It wasn’t due to sexual abuse or committing a crime it was due to political views expressed on a far left platform. To me the optics are bad. My kids are 13 and 11. They have almost outgrown Disney. Cannot wait to cancel my subscription.

In short, she said racist, homophobic things on line, and she was fired for saying them.

Not having a problem with that.

She didn’t use it to promote her career. She used it as a platform to express her concern of where the country is going. Many celebrities do this but only those who lean right get fired or ostracized. Like Drew Brees saying he would stand for the anthem. Only reason the Saints didn’t release him was because he was a very good player. But the pressure was there.

Uh, they fired Colin Kapernick for kneeling. You have it mixed up. No one was fired for standing for the anthem. They were fired for kneeling.

Yes, Hollywood is a liberal place. You want to work there, you better get used to that. Just like there aren't any gun-control liberals working at Remington.

You dumbass. When I say “private” I mean it was her personal account.

That's the point. it wasn't private. Private would be an account the public couldn't see, just her friends.

It was a personal account that - more importantly - was not affiliated with Disney or Lucasfilm.

She had a public account with thousands of followers... who were ONLY following her because she was in a Star Wars show.

Otherwise they wouldn't have cared.

So they chose to follow her on her personal Twitter feed because she was on the show and then go apeshit when she shares a personal opinion about cancel culture on her personal Twitter feed?

I’ll just bet that some of the crybabies who bleated about her tweets in the past were the same ones bleating this time.

Instead of just opting not to follow her anymore, they continued to follow her and then feign shock and outrage when she shares another opinion they disagree with.

These people are self important, moral posturing blatting calves.

So they chose to follow her on her personal Twitter feed because she was on the show and then go apeshit when she shares a personal opinion about cancel culture on her personal Twitter feed?

I’ll just bet that some of the crybabies who bleated about her tweets in the past were the same ones bleating this time.

Instead of just opting not to follow her anymore, they continued to follow her and then feign shock and outrage when she shares another opinion they disagree with.

It's not about how people reacted to it, it's about whether or not Disney was in the right to fire her after she brought the wrong kind of attention to the show.

Nobody cared about what she put on her "personal" Twitter feed when she was most famous for beating up other women.

In short, she said racist, homophobic things on line, and she was fired for saying them.

Not having a problem with that.

She didn’t use it to promote her career. She used it as a platform to express her concern of where the country is going. Many celebrities do this but only those who lean right get fired or ostracized. Like Drew Brees saying he would stand for the anthem. Only reason the Saints didn’t release him was because he was a very good player. But the pressure was there.

Uh, they fired Colin Kapernick for kneeling. You have it mixed up. No one was fired for standing for the anthem. They were fired for kneeling.

Yes, Hollywood is a liberal place. You want to work there, you better get used to that. Just like there aren't any gun-control liberals working at Remington.
In short she spoke her mind and pussies were offended (you). Phobia means fear. Gina isn't afraid of sick people. Try again. You keep using Remington as an example why? Hollywood is Leftist not Liberal and liberal implies free speech. Hollywood is Leftist until it comes to China then it turns a blind eye as $$$ matters most. You are very naive. And fat. Report that. Please please please. Want me to send this to a Mod right now?

Trying to keep on relevant points.

In short she spoke her mind and pussies were offended (you).

A lot of people were offended. I actually wasn't offended, I stopped listening to what actors have to say a long time ago, right or left. But it's always fun to watch a bigot get her comeuppance.

Phobia means fear. Gina isn't afraid of sick people.

That she obsessed on them at all, is the problem. I mean, I'm pushing up against 60 and I've met maybe a total of 2 trans people in my life, one of whom is the cousin of the current Governor and wasn't out at the time. (He was kind of an odd duck, though). They really have no effect on my life.

You keep using Remington as an example why?

Remington is a part of a culture and they have a business model that I morally disagree with. (Basically, using fear to sell guns to people who have no business having them, resulting in deaths and injuries.) Clearly, I could probably do the technical part of my job for them, but I'd have a real problem with what they do and they'd have a real problem with me.

Part of taking a job is realizing are you going to be comfortable with the industry and the culture. Ms. Carano probably should have considered that before she brought her bigotries to Hollywood.

Hollywood is Leftist not Liberal and liberal implies free speech.

It's not a free speech issue. It's a image issue. They don't want her hate associated with their fun Space adventure for the whole family. Nobody wants to buy Baby Yoda toys if he hangs out with a bigot.

Hollywood is Leftist until it comes to China then it turns a blind eye as $$$ matters most.

Or they realize China is a big market, but this is another area which is overblown. The biggest problem in Hollywood is that they aren't looking at China, they are looking at the international market as a whole. Which means they do a lot of dumbed down movies because the less complicated the dialog and plot, the easier it is to translate the film into 50 languages.

Now, on that topic, the star of Mulan, Liu Yifei, expressed support for the Hong Kong Police during China's recent crackdown. Disney removed her from the premiere event and read her the riot act about saying stupid things in public and she immediately backtracked. This was to avoid offending Western Audiences who support the protestors. For all their efforts to make everyone happy, the movie underperformed in China.

Trying to keep on relevant points.

In short she spoke her mind and pussies were offended (you).

A lot of people were offended. I actually wasn't offended, I stopped listening to what actors have to say a long time ago, right or left. But it's always fun to watch a bigot get her comeuppance.

Phobia means fear. Gina isn't afraid of sick people.

That she obsessed on them at all, is the problem. I mean, I'm pushing up against 60 and I've met maybe a total of 2 trans people in my life, one of whom is the cousin of the current Governor and wasn't out at the time. (He was kind of an odd duck, though). They really have no effect on my life.

You keep using Remington as an example why?

Remington is a part of a culture and they have a business model that I morally disagree with. (Basically, using fear to sell guns to people who have no business having them, resulting in deaths and injuries.) Clearly, I could probably do the technical part of my job for them, but I'd have a real problem with what they do and they'd have a real problem with me.

Part of taking a job is realizing are you going to be comfortable with the industry and the culture. Ms. Carano probably should have considered that before she brought her bigotries to Hollywood.

Hollywood is Leftist not Liberal and liberal implies free speech.

It's not a free speech issue. It's a image issue. They don't want her hate associated with their fun Space adventure for the whole family. Nobody wants to buy Baby Yoda toys if he hangs out with a bigot.

Hollywood is Leftist until it comes to China then it turns a blind eye as $$$ matters most.

Or they realize China is a big market, but this is another area which is overblown. The biggest problem in Hollywood is that they aren't looking at China, they are looking at the international market as a whole. Which means they do a lot of dumbed down movies because the less complicated the dialog and plot, the easier it is to translate the film into 50 languages.

Now, on that topic, the star of Mulan, Liu Yifei, expressed support for the Hong Kong Police during China's recent crackdown. Disney removed her from the premiere event and read her the riot act about saying stupid things in public and she immediately backtracked. This was to avoid offending Western Audiences who support the protestors. For all their efforts to make everyone happy, the movie underperformed in China.
So you agree they pander to China which right now is engaged in torture and terror that the Olympics may no longer be hosted there. Thanks. Again, 1-2% were offended and the rest of us aren’t going to take it anymore.

It's not about how people reacted to it, it's about whether or not Disney was in the right to fire her after she brought the wrong kind of attention to the show.

Of course it's about how people reacted to it. What the fuck have you been telling us this whole time? That Disney fired her because of the reaction to the tweet and they didn't want to lose money.

No one is disputing that Disney had the legal right to fire her. But was the reaction and the subsequent firing justified? Absolutely not.

Nobody cared about what she put on her "personal" Twitter feed when she was most famous for beating up other women.

So why is it a problem now?

They had no moral problems with her tweets as an MMA fighter but now they do as an actress? Is that what you're telling me?

Can you explain to me how the morality of her tweets changed with her vocation?

Of course it's about how people reacted to it. What the fuck have you been telling us this whole time? That Disney fired her because of the reaction to the tweet and they didn't want to lose money.

No one is disputing that Disney had the legal right to fire her. But was the reaction and the subsequent firing justified? Absolutely not.

They had no moral problems with her tweets as an MMA fighter but now they do as an actress? Is that what you're telling me?

You ready for this dodge? Should be interesting

You ready for this dodge? Should be interesting

Pretty much all of his posts are dodges so yeah, I'm ready.

So you agree they pander to China which right now is engaged in torture and terror that the Olympics may no longer be hosted there.

I think we need to mind our own fucking business on how China deals with Muslim terrorists.

But that's off topic.

They didn't pander to China... they snapped back that actress when she made a pro-China statement about Hong Kong.

Of course, she had the good sense to shut up when told to shut up, unlike Mannish Woman.

Again, 1-2% were offended and the rest of us aren’t going to take it anymore.

The rest of you don't matter. You're the same people who said you were going to bring Disney down for the Gay Days.... and you turned out to have no bite.

Sure it was. When you are making a fun space adventure for the whole family, you don't want a controversy about why your minor actress is making Nazi Analogies.

Because nobody knew who she was when she went around beating up other women (or getting her ass kicked by other women). I mean other than people who are into that kind of thing.

But Star Wars was a FOUR BILLION DOLLAR investments for Disney. that's how much they paid George Lucas for the rights to the characters and universe. They've made five movies with varying levels of success - one of them outright bombed because of fan backlash - and nobody is buying Rose Tico Action Figures. In short, the last thing they need trying to make a profit off this IP they paid too much for is some loud mouth redneck actress talking about Nazis and Trannies.

now, to be fair, I don't know if she was saying this kind of stupid, racist, homophobic crap when she was beating women up, or if she was and nobody at Disney bothered to vet her before she got the job. It doesn't really matter. Once she was on their payroll, what she did reflected on them.

So you agree they pander to China which right now is engaged in torture and terror that the Olympics may no longer be hosted there.

I think we need to mind our own fucking business on how China deals with Muslim terrorists.

But that's off topic.

They didn't pander to China... they snapped back that actress when she made a pro-China statement about Hong Kong.

Of course, she had the good sense to shut up when told to shut up, unlike Mannish Woman.

Again, 1-2% were offended and the rest of us aren’t going to take it anymore.

The rest of you don't matter. You're the same people who said you were going to bring Disney down for the Gay Days.... and you turned out to have no bite.
So we mind our business with China but not with Israel. You are at least a consistent hypocrite. Only person that doesn’t matter is you.

So we mind our business with China but not with Israel. You are at least a consistent hypocrite. Only person that doesn’t matter is you.

Israel has it's hand up to elbow in our pockets. And we keep going to war to fight their enemies... so, um, yeah, we kind of have a vested interest.

I'm all for breaking off with the Zionist entity. We cancel all our military contracts and stop sending them aid.

Israel has it's hand up to elbow in our pockets. And we keep going to war to fight their enemies... so, um, yeah, we kind of have a vested interest.

I'm all for breaking off with the Zionist entity. We cancel all our military contracts and stop sending them aid.
Nope. Wrong again flaming Joe. Israel has a military contract with us. We are reliant on China significantly more than we are reliant on Israel. We don’t sent aid you waste of space. It’s a contract where we send weapons that they BUY from us. At least you’re a consistent hypocrite moron. So now you see why so many are anti China. Hmmmmm....but Disney loves China. If Carano said I love China she would still be employed by them.

Forum List

Back