Gina Carano fired from Disneys Mandalorian & Lucasfilm

That’s like me asking someone so sir why do you beat your wife? Automatically the person is on the defensive as he may not beat his wife. Your troll post insinuates it was a gross act by her. I disagree And hence honest debate is impossible. So with all due respect, go away you antisemitic prick.

Actually, it was a gross act. Comparing backlash against Trump supporters to how Jews were treated in Nazi Germany is gross and insulting to the millions of people who died.

So is referring to certain people as Nazis who have never committed any sort of atrocity, let alone anything even remotely like the Nazis did.

This, too, is insulting to Jews.
Joe doesn’t comprehend that. To him Lady Antebellum the music group is the same as the Third Reich. His words not mine. How is that remotely logical?

Joe doesn’t comprehend a lot of things and he is nothing if not a hypocrite.

If he didn’t have hypocrisy to fall back on he wouldn’t have anything to say.
He would have idiocy. Natural born talent of his.

No, she was not. Asking her to apologize is not issuing a warning and what’s more, she was only asked to apologize for ONE tweet.

Warning her would be to advise her not to post inflammatory tweets which they never did.

How do you know what they warned her?

If Disney is like most companies, HR actions are usually kept confidential.

What are you asking me for? FortFun is the one saying they warned her, not me.

All I’ve said is that none of the articles he linked that supposedly say that Disney warned her about her tweets don’t actually say that Disney warned her about her tweets.

Pay attention.

I am not a Nazi. Actually Nazis killed 95% of my ancestors in WW2. Just because I disagree with you politically doesn't make me a Nazi. I am also not an Islamaphobe. Phobia means fear. I do not fear Islam. I have several close Muslim friends. I dislike radical Islam. Why:

-- No separation of church and state
-- Kill people over cartoons
-- Treat women worse than dogs and they HATE dogs
-- Every country that is at least 75% Muslim is either a military, civil rights or a humanitarian disaster.
-- They hate Jews and want them obliterated.

Just because our News Entertainment media tells you that most Jews are Democrats doesn't make it so. You should listen to Ben Shapiro and educate yourself.

You need more information.
For example, you say no separation of church and state is a bad thing.
While I agree here and now, around 600 AD there were no social institutions in the state, like ADC or social security, so the church had to supply them. So then a combination of church and state was a very good thing at one time. It is just that we can now likely do better.

You have it backwards about killing over cartoons. The reality is that people have been murdering Muslims since they existed, and they drew offensive cartoons in order to incite the murders.
So preventing offensive cartoons is pre-emptive, intended to stop mass murders by 1 execution of the offending person trying to generate mass murder.

You are misinformed as to the state of woman in Islam. Mohammad reformed Judaism specifically to improve the rights of women, in gratitude to the wealthy widow who married him. Women are the chain of descendancy in Islam, not males. So women sort of rule everything. They are the ones who arrange marriages for example. Islam allows women to inherit, divorce, etc., which was not true previously under Judaism.

It is true modern Islamic countries are poor and dictatorships, but almost always due to being invaded and taken over by a Christian imperialist who colonised it and financed a military dictatorship. Like Egypt now, the Shah in Iran, etc.

And you are totally wrong about Islam hating Jews. The title Vizier means a Jewish advisor who administered the government under Islam. Jews are high status under Islam. Islam considers itself to just be a reformed version of Judaism. Jews are considers the same Abrahamic religion, and Brother of the Book, meaning the Old Testament. Never have Moslems abused Jews. What Moslems do NOT like, are European Ashkenazi falsely claiming some illegal birthright to the Promised Land by being the Chosen People. That is just a Zionist lie and total fraud used to murder and steal.
#1) Je Suis Charlie
#2) Women are treated like cattle in Islam. You don't know what Mohammed did. You weren't there. He was illiterate and a warlord. That we do know.
#3) Muslims hate Jews.

You view the world of how it should be not how it is. While I like that about you, I think you're an idealist but you're not pragmatic.

1.) I am not Moslem but Jewish, however I agree that Je Suis Charlie was promoting mass murder of Moslems by drawing inflammatory cartoons about Mohammad.
He should not have done it.
If the laws were proper and preventing their dissemination, then the murder would not have happened.
Moslems are being murdered in mass right now, and Je Suis Charlie was encouraging it.

2.) Women are NOT at all treated like cattle in Islam. They are revered in Islam. The problem in the Mideast is not Islam, but old tribal or Judaic customs that Mohammad was trying to reform, and failed. Mohammad was NOT illiterate, but hired originally as a bookkeeper, and was later a merchant. He was not a war lord, and his words were written down. I do not like most of it, as it is too strict, but the Quran is the words of Mohammad, and anyone can read them.

3.). It is silly to claim Moslems hate Jews. It is Moslems who have always protected Jews, and it is always Christians who attack and murder them. For example, before the European immigration to the Mideast around 1920 or so, the population of the Mideast was about 95% Moslem and only about 5% Jewish. So if Moslems hated Jews, then how could any Jews then have survived there at all? The Jews lived for over 1000 years, voluntarily under Islamic rule. Jews sough out Islamic protection and jobs, like under the Moors in the Iberian Peninsula.
What Moslems justifiably hate in not Jews, but Zionism.
And Zionism is a horrible corruption that all Jews should also hate, since according to Judaism, Jews are supposed to stay out of the Mideast until the coming of the Messiah.
I can't do this with you as you live in a world of your own and we are off topic. You hate Zionists. I get it. I know you're a Jew. The kind of Jew that is a traitor to my people. The real Jew.

No, real Jews follow the Diaspora decree and are following the Jewish leadership that said we should wait until the coming of the Messiah before returning to the Mideast.
{...
A Jewish diaspora existed for several centuries before the fall of the Second Temple, and their dwelling in other countries for the most part was not a result of compulsory dislocation.[5] Before the middle of the first century CE, in addition to Judea, Syria and Babylonia, large Jewish communities existed in the Roman provinces of Syria Palaestina, Egypt, Crete and Cyrenaica, and in Rome itself;[6] after the Siege of Jerusalem in 63 BCE, when the Hasmonean kingdom became a protectorate of Rome, emigration intensified. In 6 CE the region was organized as the Roman province of Judea. The Judean population revolted against the Roman Empire in 66 CE in the First Jewish–Roman War which culminated in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE. During the siege, the Romans destroyed the Second Temple and most of Jerusalem. This watershed moment, the elimination of the symbolic centre of Judaism and Jewish identity constrained many Jews to reformulate a new self-definition and adjust their existence to the prospect of an indefinite period of displacement.[7]
...}
What does that have to do with Gina Carano? Off topic much?

Yes it is off topic, because the topic is simple.
Gina said nothing remotely controversial.
She compared cancel culture with the suppression of Jews before WWII.
And that is accurate.
For that, people are calling Gina anti-Semitic, and that is wrong for so many reasons.
Now this is on topic. Thank you. Disney fired her because of pressure of like 2% of the population on the Internet. Very disappointing.

Now this is on topic. Thank you. Disney fired her because of pressure of like 2% of the population on the Internet. Very disappointing.

2% is all it takes.

Again, people have been fired for a LOT less.

The lesson here is, don't put anything on Social Media you wouldn't say in front of your boss.
Why is 2% all it takes? Just because people have been fired for less doesn't make it any better. Give me examples of people fired for "A LOT" less?

I am not on social media but I would say "how about a little grace" in front of my boss as I look in the mirror.

Thanks

2% is all it takes.

The lesson here is, don't put anything on Social Media you wouldn't say in front of your boss.

But she did not say anything she should not have said in front of her boss.
The internet reaction claimed she said things she did not say. For example, nothing was remotely anti-Jewish.

Why is 2% all it takes? Just because people have been fired for less doesn't make it any better. Give me examples of people fired for "A LOT" less?

If I do, are you going to whine about how it's "off topic". Okay. Look up "Justine Sacco". She made some dumb comments on Twitter about South Africa and AIDS on a transatlantic flight, and was fired by her company before the plane touched down.

Here's my favorite.

In one of the few entries on this list that features a celebrity, we have none other than comedian Gilbert Gottfried. The stand-up comic and actor is best known for his unique voice, which helped him get the job of being the Aflac duck in the commercials that I’m sure you are all familiar with. Well, in 2011, he decided to post a tweet that would force him to lose this job. After the Japanese earthquake and Tsunami disaster, Gottfried made a distasteful joke on Twitter, saying “Japan called me. They said ‘maybe those jokes are a hit in the U.S., but over here, they’re all sinking,'” and Aflac (who does 75% of their business in Japan) had no choice but to fire the comedian.

I am not on social media but I would say "how about a little grace" in front of my boss as I look in the mirror.

I think it's an issue of CONTEXT. Would you say that if he just made a really unpopular decision? Maybe. But then expect to get fired.

The amusing this is you guys all forget that Republicans are the ones who invented "At-will employment".

Ms. Carano probably had a contract that had a lot more protections than most of us enjoy in our workplaces...and she actually belongs to a Union (SAG)... but her behavior was egregious enough to where they thought they were on solid legal ground firing her.

If I do, are you going to whine about how it's "off topic". Okay. Look up "Justine Sacco". She made some dumb comments on Twitter about South Africa and AIDS on a transatlantic flight, and was fired by her company before the plane touched down.

Here's my favorite.

In one of the few entries on this list that features a celebrity, we have none other than comedian Gilbert Gottfried. The stand-up comic and actor is best known for his unique voice, which helped him get the job of being the Aflac duck in the commercials that I’m sure you are all familiar with. Well, in 2011, he decided to post a tweet that would force him to lose this job. After the Japanese earthquake and Tsunami disaster, Gottfried made a distasteful joke on Twitter, saying “Japan called me. They said ‘maybe those jokes are a hit in the U.S., but over here, they’re all sinking,'” and Aflac (who does 75% of their business in Japan) had no choice but to fire the comedian.

I think it's an issue of CONTEXT. Would you say that if he just made a really unpopular decision? Maybe. But then expect to get fired.

The amusing this is you guys all forget that Republicans are the ones who invented "At-will employment".

Ms. Carano probably had a contract that had a lot more protections than most of us enjoy in our workplaces...and she actually belongs to a Union (SAG)... but her behavior was egregious enough to where they thought they were on solid legal ground firing her.
Why are you still here? Tattle tale. Nope she was an at will employee. She doesn’t care. She landed a new gig almost immediately.

Why are you still here? Tattle tale. Nope she was an at will employee. She doesn’t care. She landed a new gig almost immediately.

So you are agreeing that Disney was within their rights to fire her. Okay. Glad we settled that.

Now the only question is, was it justified? Well, um. Yeah, it was. She was bringing negative publicity onto the project.

I've seen more stories about her crazy tweets than I've seen about the plot development of the show this season, which had some pretty big things in it. Like Luke Skywalker returning in the finale....

2% is all it takes.

Maybe she thought this was something she could say in front of her boss. I know I would.

Maybe she thought this was something she could say in front of her boss. I know I would.

The first time, maybe... Give her a mulligan on the first one.

After that, she should have realized that anything she posted would reflect on the show. Which means as long as she was employed, all of her posts should have been about how awesome the show is, how much she loved her co-stars and thanking the fans.

One of the last jobs I had before I started my own business, the company wanted to edit and review my LinkedIn profile. (I was mostly using it to promote my resume writing business and not really anything to do with my day job.)

Another company I worked for fired a lady because she posted her resume on Craig's list (which you should never do) and said mildly negative things about the company (which again, you should never do.)

It's kind of like when Andy Warhol predicted we'd all be famous for 15 minutes. This is kind of what that looks like.

The first time, maybe... Give her a mulligan on the first one.

After that, she should have realized that anything she posted would reflect on the show. Which means as long as she was employed, all of her posts should have been about how awesome the show is, how much she loved her co-stars and thanking the fans.

What the fuck are you talking about? Her Twitter account is her own account and wholly separate from her job. She has no obligation to say anything about the show in her tweets.

I am amazed you had the balls to actually say that.

Here's my favorite.

But the POINT is that these firings are all wrong, and illegal.
The only time it is reasonable is when the tweet is deliberately offensive, the person is a high profile representative, and it is in the contract.

NONE of that is true with Gina.
Her posts are not at all offensive, she is not representing the company, and there is nothing in her contract.

So you are agreeing that Disney was within their rights to fire her. Okay. Glad we settled that.

Now the only question is, was it justified? Well, um. Yeah, it was. She was bringing negative publicity onto the project.

I've seen more stories about her crazy tweets than I've seen about the plot development of the show this season, which had some pretty big things in it. Like Luke Skywalker returning in the finale....
I never said it wasn’t their right. I said It was stupid and due to cancel culture pressure. Learn to read.

Now the looney Twitter mob is going after Henry Cavill for dating her. Why are all of you lefties so mentally ill?

What the fuck are you talking about? Her Twitter account is her own account and wholly separate from her job. She has no obligation to say anything about the show in her tweets.

Um, she's making money off the show. She really does have an obligation to say nice things about the show. It was actually, you know, kind of in her best interest.

I never said it wasn’t their right. I said It was stupid and due to cancel culture pressure. Learn to read.

Naw, it wasn't stupid. They just realized she wasn't worth the trouble.

But the POINT is that these firings are all wrong, and illegal.
The only time it is reasonable is when the tweet is deliberately offensive, the person is a high profile representative, and it is in the contract.

We live in a world of "At Will" employment. Your employer can fire you at any time for any reason if you don't have a contract. If you do have a contract, it's probably worded in such a way where they could fire you.

NONE of that is true with Gina.
Her posts are not at all offensive, she is not representing the company, and there is nothing in her contract.

Actually, it's not certain that she had a contract with Disney. In fact, Disney was pretty clear in stating she wasn't under contract after this latest debacle.

Keep in mind, this is Disney. Disney fired Rosanne Barr from her own show for making a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett. Even though she was the star of the show and a co-executive producer.

Um, she's making money off the show. She really does have an obligation to say nice things about the show. It was actually, you know, kind of in her best interest.

On her private Twitter account? No, she does not.

Forum List

Back