Giants legend Eli Manning to have jersey retired, inducted into Ring Of Honor

well-deserved. should have won more SB's!

People say without the two super bowls his numbers aren’t that great. Any truth to this?

I say with two super bowls he deserves to be in the hof.

That’s because there are so few qbs with 2. Is there any qb with 2 not in the hof?

People say without the two super bowls his numbers aren’t that great. Any truth to this?

I say with two super bowls he deserves to be in the hof.

That’s because there are so few qbs with 2. Is there any qb with 2 not in the hof?
Yes. Jim Plunkett

That retarded mutherfucker is not a hall of famer

He is 2-0 vs. Tom Brady in Super Bowl's.

Yea, he is Hall of Fame worthy, just based on that. So happy that undefeated Patriots team lost to the Giants.

He is 2-0 vs. Tom Brady in Super Bowl's.

Yea, he is Hall of Fame worthy, just based on that. So happy that undefeated Patriots team lost to the Giants.
Crazy u can play like shit for 85% of your career and be hall of fame worthy

He belongs in the GOOFBALL hall of fame
I believe they just retired his number. And did you hear Belecheck and Tom Brady singing his praises? He'll be in the HOF for sure.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- It's the drive that says everything about Eli Manning the football player. The poise, the moxie and even-keeled demeanor came to the fore even in the most stressful of situations.

The former New York Giants quarterback put it all on display Feb. 3, 2008, in a career-defining, game-winning march which beat the undefeated New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

It was this moment that propelled Manning's legacy into a different stratosphere. He was no longer aw-shucks Eli, brother of Peyton and son of Archie. The youngest of the Manning boys was the conductor of a monumental upset (the Giants were a 12.5-point underdog) highlighted by his clutch performance in the final 2:39 in Glendale, Arizona.

Without that 14 minutes of real time, the retirement of his No. 10 jersey at halftime of the Giants-Atlanta Falcons game at MetLife Stadium Sunday (1 p.m. ET, Fox) might not be happening.

Manning beat the Patriots again four years later in Super Bowl XLVI, but taking down quarterback Tom Bradyand coach Bill Belichick in his first Super Bowl made him a champion, an MVP and a Giants legend.

The Giants were a 10-6 wild-card team that scrapped its way through the NFC playoffs with road wins against the Tampa Bay Buccaneersand top-seeded Dallas Cowboysbefore beating the second-seeded Green Bay Packers in overtime in sub-zero conditions at Lambeau Field. They entered the Super Bowl against a Patriots team ranked the seventh-best in history by NFL Films in 2019.

"People don't really understand, and I know I'm incredibly one-sided on this, but this is the greatest Super Bowl upset of all time. It's the greatest," said then-coach Tom Coughlin of the 17-14 win. "It might be the greatest upset of all time. Period."

Crazy u can play like shit for 85% of your career and be hall of fame worthy
When it matters most, he delivered twice.

Is Matthew Stafford going to be in the HOF? Probably. Why? Regular season yards thrown? BFD.

I hope Stafford wins the Superbowl this year but even if he never wins, he'll probably go to the HOF.

F the HOF if Eli doesn't get in.

And maybe not the first year he's eligible. I'd be ok with that. But the 2nd year he better get in.

Forum List

Back