Ghost and Goblin food...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Halloween is coming. Do you hand out treats to all the little ghosts and goblins that come to your door screaming the familar phrase, "Trick or Treat"? If so, what do you normally hand out to things that go bump in the night?

We don't get very many visitors on Halloween because we live so far out in the country and you can't even see our house from the road. We do have a stash of goodies, usually full-sized Snickers candy bars so if they are brave enough to come down our long lane, they get some great goodies. How about you? How do you please the gang of characters that ring your door bell?

o i am like you...too far from the main road....plus the big dogs...but i do keep our favorites on hand...just in case....mini bars mostly babe ruths, mickey ways, snickers

o i am like you...too far from the main road....plus the big dogs...but i do keep our favorites on hand...just in case....mini bars mostly babe ruths, mickey ways, snickers

Sounds yummy! Maybe I should swing by to put a scare in you this Halloween.

sure! we are too much of home bodies...we use to sit home and wish we were at parties...now we are at parties wishing we were sitting home...we left a party at 8:45 pm this saturday night.

sure! we are too much of home bodies...we use to sit home and wish we were at parties...now we are at parties wishing we were sitting home...we left a party at 8:45 pm this saturday night.

My wife says I am "anti-social" because if we go to a party I am ususally ready to go home after an hour or so. After a couple of drinks and some chit-chat, what else is there to say or do?

that is the way i feel....chitty chat...a drink or two...for whomever's not driving...normally me...i find that leaving early prevents a lot of problems too

Halloween is coming. Do you hand out treats to all the little ghosts and goblins that come to your door screaming the familar phrase, "Trick or Treat"? If so, what do you normally hand out to things that go bump in the night?

We don't get very many visitors on Halloween because we live so far out in the country and you can't even see our house from the road. We do have a stash of goodies, usually full-sized Snickers candy bars so if they are brave enough to come down our long lane, they get some great goodies. How about you? How do you please the gang of characters that ring your door bell?

Never did Halloween as a kid, don't hand out candy or make a big deal of it any which way. We have a big family wiener roast, hayrack ride and such at my parents' farm every year. Typical stuff, shoot guns, flaming marshmallows ... normal. :cool:

Never did Halloween as a kid, don't hand out candy or make a big deal of it any which way. We have a big family wiener roast, hayrack ride and such at my parents' farm every year. Typical stuff, shoot guns, flaming marshmallows ... normal. :cool:

So, what do you do to make the ghosts and goblins happy? If you don't please them they will get you don't you know?????????????

Ok, we're on our 3rd bag, make that 5th bag of candies. Yeah, bad. :evil: 3 chocolates: almond joys, M&Ms, Snickers, Mars, Milky Ways, Kit Kats. Also got the non-chocolates: sour everything! plus licorice.

I never buy candy that we (my kids and I) will eat,because then we won't have any for the trick or treaters.

This year we bought Skittles,Starburst and Butterfingers to give out. Hopefully we get lots of kids...if not, all that candy is going to work with me on monday for my co workers to enjoy.

My kids are going to a Halloween dance this year (instead of trick or treating)...so luckily they won't be out collecting more candy we don't need.

I never buy candy that we (my kids and I) will eat,because then we won't have any for the trick or treaters.

This year we bought Skittles,Starburst and Butterfingers to give out. Hopefully we get lots of kids...if not, all that candy is going to work with me on monday for my co workers to enjoy.

My kids are going to a Halloween dance this year (instead of trick or treating)...so luckily they won't be out collecting more candy we don't need.

Mine are way too old to beg, so we must buy! LOL! On the other hand, this time of year I've always done this. Must be the getting ready to hibernate tendency.

My biggest weakness is the truffles they have at Christmas. I gotta save up for that...because I KNOW I will eat a ton during the holidays coming up LOL.

Nobody ever comes to my house. For one thing, the skunk sprayed the porch. For another, we're on a weird street where the houses are widely spaced and mostly un-inhabited.

Plus I turn off the lights and hide in the bedroom with the kids.

The kids' dad used to make all the kids pile their loot on the table, and then we'd sort it by type...chocolate, starburst, skittles, etc. Then he'd let the kids gorge themselves Halloween night...and hide the rest as his own personal store (he did share occasionally) for the rest of the year.

It's actually a pretty good system.

I live in a tiny town, so the ppl who give out treats go all out. The kids get BIG candy bars and goodies, along with the regular minis. And they get multiples. I mean there are only like 20 kids trick or treating, and I think our population is around 240.

We get like 40-60 in normal weather-drizzle and cold. If it pours, less. If it's nice, over 100. Some are bigger than me!

We live in a 250 house development so we get tons of kids. They start at like 6 o'clock though and are done by 7:30. Last year we went through 10 bags of candy. When the two youngest get back - 12 yr old stays out longer and collects more, 16 yr old (special needs) goes out some -- he's not much for all the walking -- but loves to go over to our neighbors and hang. The guy is a cop and has his brother and family over, puts the fire pit in the front yard and they have a blast. I'm glad it's on a Sat. night this year so I don't have to pest to get him in. When they get back from trick or treating we dump the candy out, pick out everything they won't eat, and give it out to the door bell ringers. We usually give out the usual -- Snickers, Mickey Ways, Buttefingers, Reeses, etc. I never buy the candy till just before Halloween cause I know it'll just get eaten.

I live deep into the bubba nation so nobody comes trick-0-treating here. I will give $5.00 to any kid that does knock on my door but in the 5 years living here we haven't had one knock.

Forum List

Back