Getting Married Is The Single Worst Thing A Young Marine Can Do

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Garrett Anderson @ Marriage The Worst Thing For A Young Marine - Business Insider

Somewhere between the peak and the valley is the normal; where a human finds themselves most waking hours.

I walked down the aisle on October 6, took the plunge, and pledged half of everything I do not yet own to my woman.

As I walked along the smiling faces I thought of all of those marriage casualties who had come before me, crawling along the sidelines and tugging at the extra fabric on my tux.

Of course, two of them were my parents but blessed am I to have grown up with four of the greatest. Many people were married when I was in the service, and today most of the couples have dissolved the ties that once bound them.

The rumor had spread to Fallujah Iraq in early 2005 that some of the wives of our unit had been caught running a brothel on our home base in Hawaii, as per many great substance lacking rumors this one came with the catch that the reason our chain of command had not informed anyone was because they didn’t want Marines in a combat theater going ape-shit with their loaded weapons while contemplating a different warriors welcome home than originally anticipated.

Story hit me in the gut as it is too close to home. Check it out.

Forum List

Back