Get this. A pub in the UK, that opened in 793, has to close due to COVID.

This is typical bad reporting by the illiterate journalists in the lib media

nowhere does it explain why the pub has to close

have brits given up drinking?
It is a splash and dash piece.. Mostly lazy journalism, this is not a left or right thing... This is probably a very badly run pub leveraging the bankruptcy laws in UK...

Everyone does not have a 99% chance of recovery from COIVD, posting triple like this just makes you look like an idiot. Someone that is 65 and over has a 65 times higher chance of dying from COIVD than someone that is in their 20s. Add in a single co-morbidity and that number goes up. What do you suppose the clientele for a pub such as this one is?

My wife's uncle died last night from COIVD. Yes, he was 82 and was showing early signs of dementia. But he was still active, was still involved in running his business he started 60 years ago. He got COVID, had to go to the hospital and never left.
Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Sadly it’s an old story. You go to the hospital, but never leave. Somethings up with that.

Everyone does not have a 99% chance of recovery from COIVD, posting triple like this just makes you look like an idiot. Someone that is 65 and over has a 65 times higher chance of dying from COIVD than someone that is in their 20s. Add in a single co-morbidity and that number goes up. What do you suppose the clientele for a pub such as this one is?

My wife's uncle died last night from COIVD. Yes, he was 82 and was showing early signs of dementia. But he was still active, was still involved in running his business he started 60 years ago. He got COVID, had to go to the hospital and never left.
I just found out another one of my daughter's and her family have it. They're young and on the mend though Hubby had encephalitis a few months back. He's on Day 4. It is not "nothing" but it is not as deadly as former variants so it is said; maybe not for most but for some it is.

Greg

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Sadly it’s an old story. You go to the hospital, but never leave. Somethings up with that.

What's up with that is that COVID really sucks when it hits someone hard. It is what makes it different than the cold or the flu

This is typical bad reporting by the illiterate journalists in the lib media

nowhere does it explain why the pub has to close

have brits given up drinking?
I'm not a Brit but I was going back for a holiday in 2020. Then again I'm a one pot bloke with a dinner.

Greg

Very sad indeed that you've lost someone close. Condolences.

Greg

He was my favorite on my wife's side. He was a hoot. He also was a racquetball wizard. I still remember one family reunion he found out I liked to play racquetball and the site we were staying at had some courts so he said "lets go play". I was in my mid 30s and he was in his mid 60s. Turns out he had been playing since he was in high school. He wiped the court with me, had me running around like a chicken with its head cut off while he barley moved. :)

What's up with that is that COVID really sucks when it hits someone hard. It is what makes it different than the cold or the flu
I suppose that is possible but when the HC establishment prevents doctors and hospitals from using methods known to help sick patients, one gets suspicious.

He was my favorite on my wife's side. He was a hoot. He also was a racquetball wizard. I still remember one family reunion he found out I liked to play racquetball and the site we were staying at had some courts so he said "lets go play". I was in my mid 30s and he was in his mid 60s. Turns out he had been playing since he was in high school. He wiped the court with me, had me running around like a chicken with its head cut off while he barley moved. :)
What can be said at such a sad loss? Remembering the good times is a wonderful thing. Be kind to yourself and your beloved during your grieving.

Greg

I suppose that is possible but when the HC establishment prevents doctors and hospitals from using methods known to help sick patients, one gets suspicious.

Thank goodness that is not happening.

Weird as there is no treatment that my wife and her Govt ran hospital have not been allowed to try
Weird. It’s been reported in numerous media outlets that several known treatments aren’t allowed. Do you think your wife’s hospital represents all?

You do know that death by doctor is the third highest cause of death in the US. Right? My guess is this is underestimated.

COVID really sucks when it hits someone hard. It is what makes it different than the cold or the flu

In fact 100s of thousands die every year from cold or flu... biologically, COVID is in the same family.

In the past few years, efforts have been made to instill panic over similar viruses such as SARS, a close relative to COVID...but the amazingly low fatality rate wasn't scary enough.

New Topics

Forum List

Back