Get the money out!!!

No difference unions giving millions why dont you protest them too???

"Get the money out" means "get the money out". Where do you see anything that exempts unions? This isn't about who gives what, necessarily, but to fight the notions that "Money=Free Speech" or "Corporations(or Unions)=People".

If you agree that big money has too much influence on politics, check out the petition at the url given and sign it.

Dylan Ratigan: Get Money Out: Join 100,000 Americans

Would this also apply to unions, private and public sector? How about private groups like the NRA...oh wait, we hate the NRA...like Planned Parenthood? What about green companies like Solyndra, would their money also be restricted? Hollywood and entertainment companies are among the Dems biggest contributors. Will we also be restricting donations from Dreamworks Animation ($2,139,650) or Comcast Corp ($1,151,580)?

"Get the money out" means "get the money out". Where do you see anything that exempts unions? This isn't about who gives what, necessarily, but to fight the notions that "Money=Free Speech" or "Corporations(or Unions)=People".

Are unions and corporations not groups of people working towards a common goal? If free speech is sacrosanct, why is where I choose to spend my money not? One can express their opinion with a letter, a speech, or a vote...and voting with your dollar is perhaps the most powerful freedom of all. I'll pass on your petition.

If you agree that big money has too much influence on politics, check out the petition at the url given and sign it.

Would this also apply to unions, private and public sector? How about private groups like the NRA...oh wait, we hate the NRA...like Planned Parenthood? What about green companies like Solyndra, would their money also be restricted? Hollywood and entertainment companies are among the Dems biggest contributors. Will we also be restricting donations from Dreamworks Animation ($2,139,650) or Comcast Corp ($1,151,580)?

Isn't the title self-explanatory? How about the the petition and website? To most English-speakers "get the money out" means "get the money out". To put it more simply, wouldn't it be better if our representitives spent more time on OUR business, instead of running around selling their votes to the highest bidder?!?!

Are unions and corporations not groups of people working towards a common goal? If free speech is sacrosanct, why is where I choose to spend my money not? One can express their opinion with a letter, a speech, or a vote...and voting with your dollar is perhaps the most powerful freedom of all. I'll pass on your petition.

When some can vote with millions through pacts and others can vote only through a single pull of the lever it gimicks the system.

I dont agree , unless you also concede that Unions have too much influence on politics and plan to sign a similar petition blocking the union money from hitting democrat coffers this year.
The only reason the left is in an uproar over this is because the GOP now has a way to get some cash flow going for themselves, where the left has always had union money coming to them. It's almost fair now, and you guys dont like it.

Money is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10(KJV)

Who said free speech is 'sacrosanct'? It's a constitutionally and legislatively regulated activity. Holiness has nothing to do with it. The question shouldn't be, "why can't I spend where I wish" but, "why should anyone be able to". That's what got us into this mess in the first place. Let the candidates speak for themselves without third parties "explaining" things to us.

But the petition is deceiving, even if it has an effect it wont be effecting unions throwing money to the Democrats. It would effect big business throwing money where they want it though. It's yet another leftwing scam to alter elections, nothing less.

I dont agree , unless you also concede that Unions have too much influence on politics and plan to sign a similar petition blocking the union money from hitting democrat coffers this year.
The only reason the left is in an uproar over this is because the GOP now has a way to get some cash flow going for themselves, where the left has always had union money coming to them. It's almost fair now, and you guys dont like it.

The admendment would block all entities from donating. That includes unions.

Here is the draft.
"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."

Last edited:
To put it more simply, wouldn't it be better if our representitives spent more time on OUR business, instead of running around selling their votes to the highest bidder?!?!

Yes it would! Of course, if the representatives restricted their efforts to the business they are allowed to meddle with, the enumerated powers in the Constitution, their would be no reason for companies or rich individuals to contribute. Why would a company donate if the politician had no power to influence their business? If your plan was to restrict donations from companies that provided arms and services to the military or from companies that serviced the Post Office...areas the feds must oversee...then I might be interested. Until then, the answer is not to try to restrict donations but to vote in politicians that don't engage in crony fascism in areas where they have no Constitutional authority.

Where does it say unions would be exempt, ya dumb cluck?!?! :eusa_hand:

When some can vote with millions through pacts and others can vote only through a single pull of the lever it gimicks the system.

You are free to contribute to the pacts that represent your views.

I agree. The only difference here being that when a business donates money, that money is donated by the business owner. When a Union donates money, they are taking that money from members dues and giving it to whom they want to be elected, regardless of what the actual union members think or who they want elected.

Where does it say unions would be exempt, ya dumb cluck?!?! :eusa_hand:

On paper it doesn't, but in reality you and I both know they will be.

everyone should sign this from what I have seen of all the posters on here.

Well except Bripat he wants there to be a monarchy in the US

Forum List

Back