Get Rid of Air Force One

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I'm watching this documentary about Air Force One right now.

Apparently, we have 2 of these 747's that are ready to take our President anywhere they want to go immediately. This is outside of what the VP or SEC of State fly on which I'm sure is a nice ride too.

We have 2 of these planes. We have this thing called a PAG--Presidential Airlift Group where there are Air Force officers, mechanics, food units, security details, etc....

Has either one of our candidates suggested that maybe we should get rid of this excessive perk of his office? We grounded the space shuttles which may contribute to the greater good of the country and the world. Basically this is a vanity exercise for our President.

If we can't afford Big Bird, we can afford this?

FoxNews pegs the costs at $181,000 per hour. I imagine it's much lower but still, for what we're bitching about--comparative nickles and dimes--lets get rid of this excess, reassign the men and women to a needed mission, and save some money.

Now they're detailing the motorcade that goes along on a C-17. Choppers too (helicopters--not the bikes).

Just have the people the President is going to meet come here. We're probably giving them some $$$; they'll show up.

Did that documentary tell you that BOTH Air Force One planes are in the air at the same time. One is always a decoy.

If we kept the use of aircraft for official business only that would be enough. Nancy Pelosi uses military aircraft like her own private taxi service. So does Harry Reid. obama and his empress take separate flights every time they go on vacation. obama is using AF1 for all his campaigning.

If it's the government's business, government transportation is used. If not, then they have to pay out of pocket.

Did that documentary tell you that BOTH Air Force One planes are in the air at the same time. One is always a decoy.

If we kept the use of aircraft for official business only that would be enough. Nancy Pelosi uses military aircraft like her own private taxi service. So does Harry Reid. obama and his empress take separate flights every time they go on vacation. obama is using AF1 for all his campaigning.

If it's the government's business, government transportation is used. If not, then they have to pay out of pocket.

Yes; they mentioned the decoy aircraft. When he flies Marine One from the WH to Andrews, 3 choppers actually fly--2 decoys.

As with everything you make it political. We had the same excesses under GOP presidents as well.

If we're supposedly serious about getting spending under control; this would be a good place to start in my opinion. AF1, AF2, whatever other "official" conveyances our elected officials use could likely be cut or drastically reduced.

BTW: this documentary is being narrated right now by Bush...his flight jacket on as he sits at his desk. I'm sure Obama does the same thing.

Last edited:
Lets see, Big Bird?.................Air Force One?

good grief

Both represent an unnecessary expense to the taxpayer, right? Do we really need 2 of these things; a separate command for them, 3 (at least) Marine One's , literally hundreds (if not thousands) of men and women tied to this excess...etc?

I'd rather get rid of the Dept of Education, The EPA, restructure the entire tax code and get rid of the IRS.. Get rid of the Fed.

That's a good start!

Apparently, we have 2 of these 747's that are ready to take our President anywhere they want to go immediately. This is outside of what the VP or SEC of State fly on which I'm sure is a nice ride too.

We have 2 of these planes. We have this thing called a PAG--Presidential Airlift Group where there are Air Force officers, mechanics, food units, security details, etc....

Has either one of our candidates suggested that maybe we should get rid of this excessive perk of his office? We grounded the space shuttles which may contribute to the greater good of the country and the world. Basically this is a vanity exercise for our President.

FoxNews pegs the costs at $181,000 per hour. I imagine it's much lower but still, for what we're bitching about--comparative nickles and dimes--lets get rid of this excess, reassign the men and women to a needed mission, and save some money.

Now they're detailing the motorcade that goes along on a C-17. Choppers too (helicopters--not the bikes).

Just have the people the President is going to meet come here. We're probably giving them some $$$; they'll show up.

Promise me that you will let go of Big Bird, Candy. Set him free. ;)

The Air Force flew in 7 tanker trucks--35K gallons of fuel for AF1 (and the back up) each. Gee, I'm sure that was an efficient use of taxpayer money. Bush's mission on this documentary was to visit equatorial Africa and a clinic that we fund over there in Tanzania.

I'd rather get rid of the Dept of Education, The EPA, restructure the entire tax code and get rid of the IRS.. Get rid of the Fed.

That's a good start!

They do more for the greater good than AF1 ever did. We used to have a Presidential Yacht too. Should we re-commission that?

the jive A** chump gotta have his toys

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf-ZiAC5mIs]Obama's new Air force 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Promise me that you will let go of Big Bird, Candy. Set him free. ;)

The Governor brought it up at the debate. If you were to look at my posting history; you'd see that I agree with him. http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/158551-nprs-ceo-has-now-resigned-also-3.html#post3408165

The point was the spending of money we don't have for things we do not need has to cease. AF1 is one of them in my opinion; at least a major scaleback.

Actually with the way the obama abused the use of Air Force One, Candy might have a good idea

for sale on ebay next month

3027836145c9ed836c77.jpg

That's a good start!

They do more for the greater good than AF1 ever did. We used to have a Presidential Yacht too. Should we re-commission that?

You Progressives and your 'greater good' thinking murdered about 100 million people in the 20th century.

Forum List

Back