Get Ready For Mass US Citizen Unemployment

Small business owners can't afford to pay that kind of wage. Bigger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. That $3.00 burger you just bought will double in cost.

No, actually, it won't.

Labor is a small part of what it costs to run a fast food franchise.

Oh Jeebus - that pins the bogometer. What the mandatory wage hike will actually do is lead to more employees being replaced by robots and computers. Self-serve ordering kiosks are becoming much more common.

1duatk.jpg

Oh Jeebus - that pins the bogometer. What the mandatory wage hike will actually do is lead to more employees being replaced by robots and computers. Self-serve ordering kiosks are becoming much more common.

They are... and they never seem to get used. I know Panera Bread used them for a while. People still wanted to talk to a real live cashier.

But let's say you could replace cashiers with kiosks.... Why wouldn't you do that anyway?

Also, you would still need real live people in the back to prepare the foods, bring it out to the customer and serve with a smile.

Small business owners can't afford to pay that kind of wage. Bigger companies will just pass the cost onto the consumer. That $3.00 burger you just bought will double in cost.

No, actually, it won't.

View attachment 462746

this is going to happen anyway. Automation started decades ago and this is just the next step. I don't care if your employees are willing to work for 5 bucks an hour, the automation costs much less. And in corporate business, it's the bottom line.

No, actually, it won't.

View attachment 462746

this is going to happen anyway. Automation started decades ago and this is just the next step. I don't care if your employees are willing to work for 5 bucks an hour, the automation costs much less. And in corporate business, it's the bottom line.

It's not a given that everything should be done by a robot.

No, actually, it won't.

View attachment 462746

And you have a point here? Or are you just trolling.

No, actually, it won't.

View attachment 462746

I'm not interested in doing your thinking for you, bub.

No, actually, it won't.

View attachment 462746

I'm not interested in doing your thinking for you, bub.

So trolling it is.

So we want people to apply for low paying jobs and if nobody does people will complain how hard it is to find good help. They are so far off it's not even worth discussing. Workers today are the most productive we've ever seen.

So we want people to apply for low paying jobs and if nobody does people will complain how hard it is to find good help. They are so far off it's not even worth discussing. Workers today are the most productive we've ever seen.

True. Our output and quality is one of the best in the World. The problem is, we went through a time period where marketing pushed, "It's better when made in Japan". Then China got into the mix, Japan lost it's edge and even Europe has gone down. Meanwhile, the US has gotten very good. What I know is I plan on paying for quality, not quantity.

To give you an idea, FMC (Ford Motor Company Parts) are no longer made in the US. In fact, FMC Parts as a company no longer exists. Today, it's Autolite and a few others. I went through 5 OEM parts for my old Ford F-250 and the problems just kept getting worse. Finally, I authorized the mechanic to install junk yard FMC parts and the problems were fixed. It ended up costing me something like 1600 bucks labor to get less than 100 bucks worth of used parts installed to fix the problem. I wasn't a Ford person then and the Ignition was Voodoo to me on the Fuel Injection Model. Now, I can fix it in my sleep but it was an expensive lesson. The Chinese crap is just junk. After looking at it, I found out that the entire shipment from China for that month was faulty. I mean every damned electronic part.

Made in America (including Canada) means quality.

Gas prices are already going up and you can bet your ass(ets) that the IRS will be the most powerful agency in Foggy Bottom to pay off Biden's 2 trillion pork bill.

Gas prices are already going up and you can bet your ass(ets) that the IRS will be the most powerful agency in Foggy Bottom to pay off Biden's 2 trillion pork bill.

Considering you Deity was promising a 2000 buck check on top of the 600 buck one, what would the bill be? People are driving more now so the price goes up. It's supply and demand. Presidents have little to do with the price at the gas prices unless they place taxes on it and the taxes are primarily from the States. Dealing with your bunch is like dealing with rotten spoiled children.

Forum List

Back