Get over it and get back to work

DOTR

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
I work for a large refinery. Large enough to cause price swings when we shift gears. Half a million bbls a day. We got orders today to prepare for shutting 1/3 of our units down Monday morning. Its a huge undertaking and mothballing them means the outlook is pretty bleak for the immediate future. Its never been done in my career of 25 years. The immediate problem is storage. There is simply no place to put refined products at the moment.

Lost in the Covid hoaxing and opportunism is the blow we took when Saudi Arabia and Russia opened the spigots beginning March 8th. This after years of Russian/Democrat attacks on the US oil industry and separate Saudi attempts to take out frackers. China benefits from green energy hoaxes as well. Add to that the government ordered shutdown of the economy and we are beginning to see structural damage as well as cyclical.

The ones who dont worry are the constituency who dont work. They think the government checks will come no matter what the economy and they have been at war with productive workers for years anyhow. To move people who want to work onto relief checks is the great equalizing they have been looking for.

I also work in the energy sector -- and we are doing partial shutdowns over the next 3 months and revisiting at the end of the quarter -- the CEO reduced his salary by 25% and all other top execs by 15% -- but it was more for what Saudi Arabia did than the coronavirus.....

This is why we must have an end date to this so called slow down....we must return to normal or we will all wish we had never done this...
The metrics are simple:
  1. I have documentation from Stanford about how long Covid lives on various surfaces. After that it dies.
  2. We should have had everyone stoke up on supplies and hunker down that long plus a week.
  3. You quarantine the sick until they are well.
  4. ITMT, anyone not diagnosed, their symptoms come out during the gestation period.
  5. You've now cut off all avenues for the spread and survival of the virus: Person to person contact. Surface contact. Latent infected. Those already sick.
  6. We are talking a few weeks, 3-4 at most. During that time, you've eliminated new hosts for the virus to live, it has died off all surfaces and the sick have been detected and isolated.
SO WHAT IS THIS TALK OF THERE BEING NO END IN SIGHT? WHY IS TRUMP'S EASTER GOAL SO RIDICULOUS? We should be starting to see light at the end of the tunnel by the end of the month!

This is why this post the OP's post is fact we haven't seen anything yet.
1585164088583.png

As we were laughed at when using the term " global collapse coming". again we get the last laugh again.

Gosh you mean you can't just flip your business off and on like a light switch? Maybe someone ought to let the Democrats know this. President Trump understands, but he is a businessman not a career politician pushing for government takeover of everything.
Remember when everyone said we need to elect BUSINESSMEN as president and not opportunistic POLITICIANS? I do. Now half the country MORE THAN HATES that choice

I also work in the energy sector -- and we are doing partial shutdowns over the next 3 months and revisiting at the end of the quarter -- the CEO reduced his salary by 25% and all other top execs by 15% -- but it was more for what Saudi Arabia did than the coronavirus.....

The china virus obsession obscures the oil damage. The largest stock market drop in history, up to that point, was March 9th...the day after the Russians announced their withdrawal and the Saudis offered a 6.00 bbls discount.

Gosh you mean you can't just flip your business off and on like a light switch? Maybe someone ought to let the Democrats know this. President Trump understands, but he is a businessman not a career politician pushing for government takeover of everything.
You're delusional if you don't think trump wants every aspect of this country run his way, and if he could, he would, with the help of stupid, gullible, boot-licking morons like you.

You are correct. And just looking at my situation...these units arent easily started up again and they ALWAYS sustain damage damage going down and coming up no matter how careful we are. They are "sticky down"...we wont risk restarting them lightly.

Forum List

Back