"Get Money out of Politics" Speech from Occupy Philly

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4hpduegxyk]"Get Money out of Politics" Speech fromOccupy Philly - YouTube[/ame]

Step one is to end the corruption woven into the economy via the complicated tax code.

Fair and simple taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

I like what he is saying about keeping big companies out of govt as much as possible.

I do take issue with his incorrect history of our country being founded on the seperation of church and state, that wasn't part of the founding. We were founded on the prohibiting of the federal govt making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

I disagree with his comments on health care too. I think Obamacare is the result of companies with money's influence on the govt considering before obamacare we had a choice to not purchase a product.

But overall I like his tone about finding common ground instead of disparaging everyone and keeping big money lobbyist influence away from our legislature as much as possible.

GET THE MONEY OUT!!! It's the only way out representitives will concentrate on doing our business, instead of spending their time selling their votes to the highest bidders. They're not going to listen to us as long as someone else is paying the bills.

Get Money Out

While speaking at an event organized by unions. He doesn't seem to understand the problem and I doubt he considers union activities to be "money in politics." He closes his speech by loudly declaring, "Solidarity!"

Also, he's complaining about $400 per month for health insurance for he and his child? That's a pretty good rate. My employees pay about $500 for individual policies. If I were to provide health insurance it would cost me over $1000 per month.

Big companies like unions, the RNC and the DNC should be included in the list.

Can you find a single quote from anyone advocating getting the money out of politics, that says that the unions should be exempt from such a rule? Getting the money out means ALL the money.

No. I'm just aware that union members and advocates don't consider union activities to be part of the problem. He's speaking at a rally populated and organized by unions. He closed his speech with a union rally cry.

Step one is to end the corruption woven into the economy via the complicated tax code.

Fair and simple taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build an economy your kids can drive to the stars.

You will never have a fair and simple tax code untill money is removed from the political process.

What a way to put the cart before the horse there.

Can you find a single quote from anyone advocating getting the money out of politics, that says that the unions should be exempt from such a rule? Getting the money out means ALL the money.

No. I'm just aware that union members and advocates don't consider union activities to be part of the problem. He's speaking at a rally populated and organized by unions. He closed his speech with a union rally cry.

And you get the award for 'WHO GIVES A RATS ASS'. That guy is certianly reflecting my opinion, and I am a strict conservative that thinks unions have overstepped their bounds.

What you got to say now dipshit?

Actually "getting the money out of politics" would hand victories to incumbents all over. No wonder they aren't fighting it. We have gotten McCain-Feingold as a result of this movement, the most unconstitutional act since Obamacare.
We need more money in politics, no restrictions but full disclosure.

And you get the award for 'WHO GIVES A RATS ASS'. That guy is certianly reflecting my opinion, and I am a strict conservative that thinks unions have overstepped their bounds.

What you got to say now dipshit?

I think you have undercut your point with your methods.

Do you plan to give the "Solidarity!" rally cry at a union gathering?

You will never have a fair and simple tax code untill money is removed from the political process.

What a way to put the cart before the horse there.

I disagree. I think fair and simple taxes and a budget balanced by law will remove about 2/3 of the corruption bogging congress down presently. The other third is campaign finance reform to be sure, but a fair and simple tax code is something We, The People can demand now. Campaign finance reform is going to be trickier because freedom to give money to politicians can't and shouldn't be restricted. We need to find a way to make receipt of those funds, as well as who spends what on all political advertising, much more transparent.

Last edited:
Jesus. All money out of politics??

Anyone told Barry he may have to give his billion back??

Forum List

Back