"Get Help, Lassie! Get help!!!"

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Man shares how his pet Chihuahua saved his life

ORIENTAL N.C. (WNCT) – People say dogs are a man’s best friend.

That is proving to be especially true for a Pamlico County man.

Rudy Armstrong spends most of his time with his chihuahua Bu-Bu on his boat in Oriental.

One morning Armstrong felt sick, and told Bu-Bu to get help.

1597240316928.png

The dog ran out the door, and five minutes later came back with the dock master, who called 911.

Armstrong was taken to Carolina East Medical Center, where doctors determined he was suffering a stroke.

Armstrong says he can’t wait to be back with his life-saving Bu-Bu.

“I’m excited about getting to see her. I mean she sleeps with me, when I go someplace in the car she goes with me, and all that. You know I mean we do everything together”, he explains.

Armstrong is still in the hospital, but says he’s recovering nicely.

A little less hair, but definitely a Lassie!

ORIENTAL N.C. (WNCT) – People say dogs are a man’s best friend.

That is proving to be especially true for a Pamlico County man.

Rudy Armstrong spends most of his time with his chihuahua Bu-Bu on his boat in Oriental.

One morning Armstrong felt sick, and told Bu-Bu to get help.

View attachment 374127

The dog ran out the door, and five minutes later came back with the dock master, who called 911.

Armstrong was taken to Carolina East Medical Center, where doctors determined he was suffering a stroke.

Armstrong says he can’t wait to be back with his life-saving Bu-Bu.

“I’m excited about getting to see her. I mean she sleeps with me, when I go someplace in the car she goes with me, and all that. You know I mean we do everything together”, he explains.

Armstrong is still in the hospital, but says he’s recovering nicely.

A little less hair, but definitely a Lassie!
Fantastic story, thanks for sharing. And Bu-Bu is SUCH a little cutie!

Dogs are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. Great story and what a cute dog.

Thanks for posting this. I love dogs and have three of my own.

Dogs are better than people.

Sorry you lost your little girl. I lost one 2 years 9 days 23 hrs and 20 min ago,, not over it at all. Still have my Little BoWu, 16 years old.

I agree. In fact I prefer my dogs to most people. They don't lie, steal, cheat or stab you in the back.

I lost my Zip, who was 16 years old last November. He was a pound puppy and the best little guy on the planet. I miss that little guy every day. He was a Border Terrier mix. I have three other dogs that I love just as much.

I agree. In fact I prefer my dogs to most people. They don't lie, steal, cheat or stab you in the back.

I lost my Zip, who was 16 years old last November. He was a pound puppy and the best little guy on the planet. I miss that little guy every day. He was a Border Terrier mix. I have three other dogs that I love just as much.
CJEYOw8.jpg
hO0rswn.jpg

My little EEyore was 13 1/2, he had several strokes. I gave him steroid shots and sedatives he made another 2 months. Was I right, I don't know but he was with me and me him and we liked that. My little Boy now is Bo-wu, means "little wizzard" in Chinese. He used to talk alot, slowed down he is 16 now but doing well for his age. He talks, says "I WU" Both Hairless Chinese Cresteds.

Eeyore is the Gray one, Bowu the pinto.

Forum List

Back