Get Busy Livin'...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Or get busy dyin'.

Took this yesterday at the Ohio State Reformatory, better known as Shawshank State Penitentiary from the movie "The Shawshank Redemption". It's been closed since the pandemic started, but they're looking at opening again for tours soon:

ss03.jpg

Pretty cool old prison, and many sites in the nearby town of Mansfield appear in the film...

Or get busy dyin'.

Took this yesterday at the Ohio State Reformatory, better known as Shawshank State Penitentiary from the movie "The Shawshank Redemption". It's been closed since the pandemic started, but they're looking at opening again for tours soon:

View attachment 341850

Pretty cool old prison, and many sites in the nearby town of Mansfield appear in the film...
Nice pic, thanks for posting.

Has anybody else been keeping up on the info about the new The Stand miniseries? The casting sounds great so far. :thup:

That was an awesome movie! Both Tim Robbin and Morgan Freeman were excellent in their roles.
Yep, wonderful movie. And based of course, on a novella length story by the incomparable Stephen King.

One of my all time favorite authors.
But he was never the same after the motorcycle crash.
Of course his raging liberalism has made it easier to hate the guy.

It's crazy that the movie didn't do well when it came out. I consider it the best movie ever made from a King story.

Many people consider it the best movie ever made, surpassing even "Citizen Kane"...

I don't know just how many people think that, but it's certainly well-liked for a movie that could be considered a failure theatrically.

It's crazy that the movie didn't do well when it came out. I consider it the best movie ever made from a King story.

Many people consider it the best movie ever made, surpassing even "Citizen Kane"...

I don't know just how many people think that, but it's certainly well-liked for a movie that could be considered a failure theatrically.

It was a box office failure, but not a theatrical one. It was nominated for seven Academy Awards...

Forum List

Back