Get Back To Work America!

I just found out last night that one of my favorite local restaurants "temporarily" shut its door. However, it's been about a month and after thanking everybody for their patronage on their website I don't think they're going to be opening up again. Not enough workers or supplies. This is all the darn democrats fault! They had this in mind right when they were going around to steal the election. Handing out money like it's free candy and people being paid more for sitting on their asses then showing up at work. It's all really sad really. :(
Democrats will say this is all Trump's fault and Biden is to weak to do anything about it.

Americans know America would be much better off today if Brandon didn't steal the election.

I just found out last night that one of my favorite local restaurants "temporarily" shut its door. However, it's been about a month and after thanking everybody for their patronage on their website I don't think they're going to be opening up again. Not enough workers or supplies. This is all the darn democrats fault! They had this in mind right when they were going around to steal the election. Handing out money like it's free candy and people being paid more for sitting on their asses then showing up at work. It's all really sad really. :(

If your favourite restaurant hadn't been paying shit wages, the workers would have come back. Why would anyone work in a restaurant given their even lower than minimum wage? Restaurant workers are getting jobs with pay and benefits.

If your favourite restaurant hadn't been paying shit wages, the workers would have come back. Why would anyone work in a restaurant given their even lower than minimum wage? Restaurant workers are getting jobs with pay and benefits.
Tipped workers wage has been at $2.13 since 1991. Imagine not getting a raise in 30 years. Only in America.

Bull shit. I've know waitresses who make $100 bucks a night in tips. And that's in restaurants and bars.
With waitresses it's a bit or a meritocracy. If you're sociable you'll do good. If you're good looking and sociable you'll do great. There are girls making a whole lot more than that in one night. It depends on the girl and the place.

Maybe they should make their offers better?
How much better? $18 an hour isn’t enough?

And what you leftists don’t get is that money doesn’t fall from the sky for small businesses. Many owners are themselves earning $50,000 a year from their small Mom-n-Pop shops.

And before you sanctimoniously call hard-working small businesses owners “failures,” (would you call the leeches on government assistance “failures”?), keep in mind you’d be driving more people out of work - including young high school grads with little job training. I’d say that $36,000 a year for a 19-year-old to keep the shelves straight at Walmart is a lot better than sitting on her butt, collecting food stamps and other welfare benefits.

How much better? $18 an hour isn’t enough?

And what you leftists don’t get is that money doesn’t fall from the sky for small businesses. Many owners are themselves earning $50,000 a year from their small Mom-n-Pop shops.

And before you sanctimoniously call hard-working small businesses owners “failures,” (would you call the leeches on government assistance “failures”?), keep in mind you’d be driving more people out of work - including young high school grads with little job training. I’d say that $36,000 a year for a 19-year-old to keep the shelves straight at Walmart is a lot better than sitting on her butt, collecting food stamps and other welfare benefits.
There’s always a catch. Whether it’s the job being part time, no benefits, no vacation, crappy hours, toxic work environment.

What is driving people out of work exactly? Because when I talk to people, they’re staying home to raise families, or because they’re taking care of loved ones or they just decided that they’re going to retire rather than risk their health because they’re vulnerable.

At the end of the day, some people think they’re owed other people’s labor. That’s just a toxic opinion.

busybee01
Well dumbass everyone where I live is hiring and can't get anyone to even apply.

Guess they need to pay more to get people to work for them. You ignorant tools with no knowledge of economics make laughable posts that people don't want' jobs, and are content to live off the government, and yet you constantly want to give rich people more money.

The "working poor" are working for starvation minimum wages, which conservatives refuse to raise. 40% of working Americans saw no benefit at all from Trump's "greatest economy ever". You have consistently opposed paying higher wages to workers through a raise of the national minimum wage, despite the fact that those working full time for $7.50 an hour qualify for "earned income credits", food stamps, Section 8 housing vouchers, and other costly, inefficient government programs to make up the shortfall.

"Earned income credits" are the most expensive, administration heavy program ever created, and one which is yet another administration heavy, unwieldly, ineffective "Only in America" boondoogle - like free market medicine.

Instead of ensuring that your minimum wages are sufficient to provide a basic living to workers, you have employers collect 15% withholding taxes from their workers, and pay government workers to process those payments, and then pay more government workers to process their the workers' tax returns to means test their income to ensure they don't make enough money to live on, and then send them all the money they paid in withholding, back to them.

If you required employers to pay their own damn workers, you could eliminate the entire "earned income credits" program and all of the administration and government workers required to carry it out. The employers can claim the increased wages they pay as tax deductible business expenses. It reduces their profits and the amount they pay in dividends to the wealthy, but it eliminates taxes to the middle class, reduces the size of government, and boosts GDP. Every increase to the minimum wage has resulted in reduced unemployment, and increased GDP.

Reducing the size of government, reducing taxes, increasing employment and GDP used to be goals of the Republican Party but no more. Now it's all about cutting taxes for the people who don't need more cash, and starving working Americans of any piece of the American Dream at all. They've even come up with a method of keeping young adults living in their parents' basements until their 30's because of student debt.

Enough with keeping money out of the hands of American workers. First with the destruction of unions, and now with a refusal to enact the Biden agenda to get money into the hands of the middle class through things like the Child Tax Credit.

Republicans have destroyed the American working class, and are now busily reducing the numbers of the American middle class, with their toxic cut taxes and spend the economy into yet another crash. When you cut revenues, and spend more than you take in, you crash your economy at the first sign of adversity.

Forum List

Back