Get an air fryer - it's a must-have appliance

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
I bought a 4-quart air fryer for $120 and it is amazing. I've cooked chicken, hot dogs, potatoes, bacon and grilled cheese sandwiches and they all came out great.

I bought a 4-quart air fryer for $120 and it is amazing. I've cooked chicken, hot dogs, potatoes, bacon and grilled cheese sandwiches and they all came out great.
I use mine everyday. It gets more use than my microwave, or traditional oven. The air fryer is a real game changer for a person who cooks a lot of meat, and lives a busy lifestyle.

I would recommend that one purchase the kind that is styled more like a toaster oven, than the kind that has you cooking in a weird bowl type thing.

• Banned
You said it best - game changer.

I've been considering it. We have a small kitchen but, it does sound pretty good. Thanks...

I have the toaster style "5 in 1"
Its ok. The "air fryer" part is nothing more than a toaster oven.

Cook a grill cheese sandwich in that sucker. The texture of the bread comes out a bit crunchy. It's amazing!

I threw out the box and looked at the unit and, for the life of me, I can't figure out the model. I paid $120 for it at Target.

Go to your local Target and get one that's at least 4 quarts. It'll set you back $75-$125. Play around with it. Check out recipes on YouTube.

I cook chicken in it and it's sort of like a cross between a deep fryer and a grill. Preheat to 400 degrees. Using a brush, rub a little olive oil on the chicken and then season it with garlic powder, salt, turmeric, cumin, etc. and then throw 4 thighs in it and cook for 10 minutes. Then, flip the thighs and cook another 10 minutes. It'll be sizzling like a deep fryer but without all of the oil, mess and smell. And like a grill, it will give the chicken a slightly crispy exterior as well as color and, of course, the seasoning helps in that regard.

The chicken will come out moist and juicy.

The basket for the fryer can go into your dish washer and you're done.

It's a no-brainer. You're welcome.

Cook a grill cheese sandwich in that sucker. The texture of the bread comes out a bit crunchy. It's amazing!

Speaking of bread.
Are they good for baking bread ? And what about pizza ?
I can't eat that white stuff they call bread with 40 ingredients anymore.

Speaking of bread.
Are they good for baking bread ? And what about pizza ?
I can't eat that white stuff they call bread with 40 ingredients anymore.

Baking from raw dough? I don't know. You might look on YouTube. Yes on the pizza.

I did those microwavable burritos in there. They were really good.
Idk the toaster dont seem to do the things the regular one can

When will you post the following:

upload_2020-1-8_7-54-3.gif

I have an air fryer, but I got a regular fryer for Christmas. I need my greasy French fries...what can I say.

Share your favorite snacks and foods working well with your air fryer.
I usually coat my cheese ravioli when
oil frying, but uncoated brushed with oil in the air fryer still came out good and just seasoned it after with marinara dipping sauce. ~10 minutes 390°
Tinas Beef and bean Chimichangas came out good same setting.
Mozz sticks leak the cheese and end up just an almost empty stick, but they do come out crispy like oil fry.
Onion rings come out great and of course all types of fries, basically half the time and fuss for most items I used to toast in the multipurpose countertop oven, and better texture.
Someone said soft pretzels work well in the air fryer. Do you have other items to list here?
I wanted to get corn poppers, but they were out, and apple fritters are impossible to find anywhere.

Forum List

Back