Germany to fire up coal stations as Russia squeezes gas supply

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
:oops8:

Germany must reduce natural gas consumption and increase the burning of coal in order to help fill gas storage facilities for next winter, German Economy Minister Robert Habeck announced Sunday as the country moves away from reduced Russian gas supplies.

“The situation is serious,” Habeck said in a statement. “We are therefore continuing to strengthen precautions and taking additional measures to reduce gas consumption. This means that gas consumption must fall further, but more gas must be put into the storage facilities, otherwise things will really get tight in winter.”

But what about Mah Carbon Footprint? Better hope Sweden does not invade. ;)

It is incredible to me that the German people have allowed their Green party to dictate energy suicide over the microscopic dangers of safe, clean nuclear power. No rational argument was even presented when the shrieking started, and now where are they?

There is a lesson here for America. Don't let the Crazies dictate public policy. Don't abandon our most precious resource (next to the cheeeeeeeeeldrun) in the hope that it will save the planet. Don't ignore gender science in favor of Leftist idiocy. Don't abandon the quest for excellence in favor of "diversity," etc.

The Crazies CAN FUCK THINGS UP, if you let them have their way.

Before this, I always thought that Germans were smart people.

And if Trump were President, we would be drilling like crazy and massively selling LNG to Germany. What the fuck is wrong with us?

It is incredible to me that the German people have allowed their Green party to dictate energy suicide over the microscopic dangers of safe, clean nuclear power. No rational argument was even presented when the shrieking started, and now where are they?

There is a lesson here for America. Don't let the Crazies dictate public policy. Don't abandon our most precious resource (next to the cheeeeeeeeeldrun) in the hope that it will save the planet. Don't ignore gender science in favor of Leftist idiocy. Don't abandon the quest for excellence in favor of "diversity," etc.

And if Trump were President, we would be drilling like crazy and massively selling LNG to Germany. What the fuck is wrong with us?

The Green Party was the strongest advocate for re-starting the coal plants.

So, are they basically telling the world "you know all that Doom and Gloom, we-are-all-dead-in-five-years-if-we-don't-all-go-green declaration? Yeah, it was all just B.S to fund massive global boondoggles while your Middle Class disappeared. Joke was on you, now it's on us.".

Another reminder why Trump was popular. He knew what was wrong/idiotic AND HE CALLED IT OUT RIGHT TO THE FACES OF LEADERS.

He called the Paris Accord a horrible deal that screwed over America. He told Germany that they would be dependent on Russia oil, he told NATO to ante-up.

More irony? It is precisely the policies that Trump promoted and fought for that are needed today.

I have no problem with alternative energy sources, it should be pushed by the private sector and it shouldn't just eliminate current practices in the intern.

BIDEN is what is wrong... The Green New Deal is what is wrong... Envior wackoism is what is wrong with the US.

Wrong! - Trump printed 5 x the money supply, caused chip shortages & bankrupted 260 US oil drillers.

Biden has been in office nearly 1.5 years.
Why hasn't he unprinted all that extra money?
Why isn't he helping out oil drillers?
Protecting our chip suppliers in Taiwan?

Wrong! - Trump printed 5 x the money supply, caused chip shortages & bankrupted 260 US oil drillers.
You mean the Fed, not DT or any govt entity, printed the money for more failed Keynesian monetary policies.
The ronaflu shut down supplies of chips along with other supply chains & reduced fuel consumption from insane stay at home orders, which led to some oil producers closing shop.
DT took over in 2017, had us going strong by the end of 2019, so the NWO ordered up a plandemic, which started the dempanic, where the UNiparty grabbed the wheel & drove off a cliff.
Blaming DT for your buffoonery doesn't work on non-proggies

biden-economy.jpeg

Biden has been in office nearly 1.5 years.
Why hasn't he unprinted all that extra money?
Why isn't he helping out oil drillers?
Protecting our chip suppliers in Taiwan?
Biden is removing excess money from the economy, by running a record budget surplus, raising interest rates, quantitative tightening & raising taxes will be next.

Oil drillers are booming & Taiwan is moving chip equipment to safety here in the USA.

Last edited:
Biden is removing excess money from the economy. He is running a record budget surplus, raising interest rates, quantitative tightening & raising taxes will be next.

Oil drillers are booming & Taiwan is moving chip equipment to safety here in the USA.

Biden is removing excess money from the economy.

How?

He is running a record budget surplus,

Monthly? Annual?

:oops8:

Germany must reduce natural gas consumption and increase the burning of coal in order to help fill gas storage facilities for next winter, German Economy Minister Robert Habeck announced Sunday as the country moves away from reduced Russian gas supplies.

“The situation is serious,” Habeck said in a statement. “We are therefore continuing to strengthen precautions and taking additional measures to reduce gas consumption. This means that gas consumption must fall further, but more gas must be put into the storage facilities, otherwise things will really get tight in winter.”

But what about Mah Carbon Footprint? Better hope Sweden does not invade. ;)

What I don't understand is why they don't go back to their nuclear power plants that they shut down. They've only got 3 reactors operating vs 30 that have been shut down and none under construction, and nuclear power used to account for 25% of their total energy but now it's down to half that. It makes no sense to me, it's not like Germany is on the edge of a major fault line and has to contend with earthquakes and tsunamis.

For that matter, I don't understand why we don't either, instead of wasting so much money on useless high-speed rail we oughta be looking at building smaller reactors in places where it makes sense and isn't dangerous. Nuclear ought to be part of the solution IMHO.

New Topics

Forum List

Back