Germany Scales Back on Wind Energy Because Its Not Working

No. But you can compare quantity of waste produced by each source v generated output. Nuclear wins hands down.

Except that it costs a fortune.

If you just ignore economics completely, nuclear looks awesome. But rational people don't ignore economics.
Renewables cost more. Once government subsidies are fully eliminated, you will get the full brunt of expensive electric.

What's nonsense, as far as I am able to see.
Sorry kid, even Michael Shellenberger disagrees with you. Michael championed renewables under Obama, resulting in Obama pumping billions into renewables, and then later, realised he was wrong.

So there's a video of Michael Shellenberger explaining this, no doubt you won't watch it because it goes against your beliefs.

Do you compare here radioactive substances with simple plastic?
No. But you can compare quantity of waste produced by each source v generated output. Nuclear wins hands down. Renewables won't save the planet, nuclear will.

What's nonsense, as far as I am able to see. First of all exists the danger of a nuclear overkill if everyone lives in growing amount of nuclear materials, which need decades of thousands of years to lose toxicity. And I fear in general we should not try to use more energy in the surface of our planet than comes from the sun.

Funny how tree huggers wish to harness the sun via solar panels, the sun being a large nuclear reactor, yet in the same breath, they detest nuclear. Funny ole souls.

It's nice that you "think" something. This shows you are still not dead. But what do you "think" if a "funny ole soul" will tell you that a simple extrapolation from the gowing use of energy in general would mean that in the year 2600 the globe will glow? We need not onyl more harmlöess forms for the produciton of energy - we will need also a miuch more intelligent use of energy. What do you say are your ideas about the storage of energy?

Dort im Südrandkrater, hinten an der Zwischenkieferwand
Wo im letzten Jahre noch das Pärchen Brennesseln stand
Wo es immer, wenn der Mond sich überschlägt, so gellend lacht
Drüben haust in einem Panzer aus der allerletzten Schlacht
Jener Kerl mit lauter Haaren auf dem Kopf und im Gesicht
Zu dem, wenn es Neumond ist, unser ganzer Stamm hinkriecht
Jener schlägt ein Instrument aus hohlem Holz und Stacheldraht
Und erzählt dazu, was früher sich hier zugetragen hat
In den guten alten Zeiten

Damals konnte, wer da wollte, auf den Hinterkrallen stehn
Doch man fand das Kriechen viel bequemer als das Aufrechtgehn
Der Behaarte sagt, sie seien sogar geflogen, und zwar gut
Aber keiner fand je abgebrochene Flügel unterm Schutt
Über Tage und in Herden lebten sie zur Sonnenzeit
Doch zum Paaren schlichen sie in Höhlen, immer nur zu zweit
Ihre Männchen hatten Hoden und ein bißchen mehr Gewicht
Doch ansonsten unterschieden sie sich von den Weibchen nicht

Damals wuchsen fette Pflanzen überall am Wegesrand
Doch sie abzufressen galt als äußerst unfein in dem Land
Man verzehrte Artgenossen, selbst das liebenswerte Schwein
Doch die aufrecht gehen konnten, fraß man nicht, man grub sie ein
Manchmal durfte man nicht töten, manchmal wieder mußte man
Ganz Genaues weiß man nicht mehr, aber irgendwas ist dran
Denn wer Tausende verbrannte, der bekam den Ehrensold
Doch erschlug einen einz? lnen, hat der Henker ihn geholt

Wenn ein Kind ganz nackt und lachend unter einer Dusche stand
Dann bekam es zur Bestrafung alle Haaren abgebrannt
Doch war? s artig, hat? s zum Beispiel einen Panzer gut gelenkt
Dann bekam es zur Belohnung um den Hals ein Kreuz gehängt
Man zerschlug ein Kind, wenn es die Füße vom Klaver zerbiß
Doch man lachte, wenn? s dem Nachbarkind ein Ohr vom Kopfe riß
Blut? ge Löcher in den Köpfen zeigte man den Knaben gern
Doch von jenem Loch der Löcher hielt man sie Hieben fern

Alle glaubten an den unsichtbaren gleichen Manitu
Doch der Streit darüber, wie er aussah, ließ sie nicht in Ruh
Jene malten ihn ganz weiß und andre schwarz oder gar rot
Und von Zeit zu Zeit, da schlugen sie sich deshalb einfach tot
Ob die Hand ganz rot von Blut war und die Weste schwarz von Dreck
Das war gleich, wenn nur die Haut ganz weiß war, ohne jeden Fleck
Und den Mischer zweier Farben federte und teerte man
Oder drohte ihm für nach dem Tode Feuerqualen an
In Den guten alten Zeiten

Und wer alt war, galt als weise, und wer dick war, galt als stark
Und den fetten Greisen glaubte man aufs Wort und ohne Arg
Und wenn Wolken sich am Abend färbten, freute man sich noch
Und man fraß ganz ruhig weiter, wenn die Erde brandig roch
Denn vom Himmel fiel noch Wasser, und die Sonne war noch weit
Und der große Bär, der schlief noch, in der guten alten Zeit
Und die Erde drehte sich nicht plötzlich rückwärts und im Kreis
Doch man schaffte rüstig, bis es dann gelang, wie jeder weiß
Und da war Schluß mit jenen Zeiten

Und so hocken wir bei Neumond an der Zwischenkieferwand
Und wir lauschen dem Behaarten, der sein Instrument laut schlägt
Und wir lauschen, lauschen, lauschen nächtelang und unbewegt
Und wir träumen von den guten alten Zeiten und dem Land
Wo man überall und jederzeit genug zu fressen fand
Unsere Stammesmutter streichelt unser Jüngstes mit den Zehn
Manchmal seufzt sie:? O ihr Brutgenossen, war das früher schön

Franz Josef Degenhardt

Forum Rule says:

• Please post in English. We like having Global USMB members, but the use of other languages is too often abused in order to circumvent rules.

What's nonsense, as far as I am able to see.
Sorry kid,

¿Kid? ... Why are all US-Americans idiots? Why do you destroy the context and what makes you think I am a kid? And why do you think an indigen German like I is able to respect respectless people?

even Michael Shellenberger disagrees with you.

Michael who?

Michael championed renewables under Obama, resulting in Obama pumping billions into renewables, and then later, realised he was wrong.

So there's a video of Michael Shellenberger explaining this, no doubt you won't watch it because it goes against your beliefs.

What was Michael Shellenberger explaining here in which moment of his life in November 2018 - and why is this more important than what others say? Speaks he still German? Would be more easy for me to understand him in this case. And I hate it by the way very much when people misuse the expression "Danubia".

Last edited:
Captain Caveman

I never speak English, so it's difficult for me to understand your video. I still don't have any idea what Mr. Shellenberger really speaks about on what reason and what are his arguments. Why thinks he renewable energies are a wrong way in which direction - how you seem to interpret his words? What do you think why it is in such a way?

Last edited:
Renewables cost more. Once government subsidies are fully eliminated, you will get the full brunt of expensive electric.

Claiming nuclear costs less than renewables is completely detached from reality.

Nuclear was dead even before renewables became a thing. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Michael Shellenberger. He was the guy that championed renewables under Obama, so the Obama administration pumped billions into renewables. Then Shellenberger saw the light and realised he was wrong.

So if the Obama crowd listened to and believed Shellenberger, I'm sure they will listen to him again. But I doubt that.

Also, I work in construction and I know a guy who's a structural engineer for the wind turbine industry. He's in it for the money, it's a wasteful industry. That's why our electric in the UK costs a fortune, and continues to climb. Who on earth is paying subsidies for renewables? Do you think the government has a money tree at the bottom of the garden? It's the tax payer and user that foots the bill.

So I have the words from a structural engineer working in the wind turbine industry and Michael Shellenberger's speech on why renewables won't save the planet; then I have a little trumped up kid like you trying to preach to me?

You're welcome to love renewables, some out there are more educated than that.

Captain Caveman

I never speak English, so it's difficult for me to understand your video. I still don't have any idea what Mr. Shellenberger really speaks about on what reason and what are his arguments. Why thinks he renewable energies are a wrong way in which direction - how you seem to interpret his words? What do you think why it is in such a way?

Shellenberger explains all. If you can't/won't watch the video, or you don't know of an adult who could interpret it for you, then you're fucked with this topic and thread.

Captain Caveman

Shellenberger explains all.

Aha.

If you can't/won't watch the video, or you don't know of an adult who could interpret it for you, then you're fucked with this topic and thread.

One moment. Do you like to say here if someone is fucked - in this special case my person - then this is a negative thing? Should it not be negative not to be fucked, because in this case someone has no sexual partner, who loves him, and likes to have with him together a common baby? ... Hmmm ... Strange this US-Americans - really very strange. ... And how long do you give the biosphere of our planet any chance to survive, while you will continue to waste it? Any idea in this direction?

Last edited:
Do you compare here radioactive substances with simple plastic?
No. But you can compare quantity of waste produced by each source v generated output. Nuclear wins hands down. Renewables won't save the planet, nuclear will.

What's nonsense, as far as I am able to see. First of all exists the danger of a nuclear overkill if everyone lives in growing amount of nuclear materials, which need decades of thousands of years to lose toxicity. And I fear in general we should not try to use more energy in the surface of our planet than comes from the sun.

Funny how tree huggers wish to harness the sun via solar panels, the sun being a large nuclear reactor, yet in the same breath, they detest nuclear. Funny ole souls.

It's nice that you "think" something. This shows you are still not dead. But what do you "think" if a "funny ole soul" will tell you that a simple extrapolation from the gowing use of energy in general would mean that in the year 2600 the globe will glow? We need not onyl more harmlöess forms for the produciton of energy - we will need also a miuch more intelligent use of energy. What do you say are your ideas about the storage of energy?

Dort im Südrandkrater, hinten an der Zwischenkieferwand
Wo es immer, wenn der Mond sich überschlägt, so gellend lacht
Drüben haust in einem Panzer aus der allerletzten Schlacht
Jener Kerl mit lauter Haaren auf dem Kopf und im Gesicht
Zu dem, wenn es Neumond ist, unser ganzer Stamm hinkriecht
Jener schlägt ein Instrument aus hohlem Holz und Stacheldraht
Und erzählt dazu, was früher sich hier zugetragen hat

Damals konnte, wer da wollte, auf den Hinterkrallen stehn
Doch man fand das Kriechen viel bequemer als das Aufrechtgehn
Der Behaarte sagt, sie seien sogar geflogen, und zwar gut
Aber keiner fand je abgebrochene Flügel unterm Schutt
Über Tage und in Herden lebten sie zur Sonnenzeit
Doch zum Paaren schlichen sie in Höhlen, immer nur zu zweit
Ihre Männchen hatten Hoden und ein bißchen mehr Gewicht
Doch ansonsten unterschieden sie sich von den Weibchen nicht

Damals wuchsen fette Pflanzen überall am Wegesrand
Doch sie abzufressen galt als äußerst unfein in dem Land
Man verzehrte Artgenossen, selbst das liebenswerte Schwein
Doch die aufrecht gehen konnten, fraß man nicht, man grub sie ein
Manchmal durfte man nicht töten, manchmal wieder mußte man
Ganz Genaues weiß man nicht mehr, aber irgendwas ist dran
Denn wer Tausende verbrannte, der bekam den Ehrensold
Doch erschlug einen einz? lnen, hat der Henker ihn geholt

Wenn ein Kind ganz nackt und lachend unter einer Dusche stand
Dann bekam es zur Bestrafung alle Haaren abgebrannt
Doch war? s artig, hat? s zum Beispiel einen Panzer gut gelenkt
Dann bekam es zur Belohnung um den Hals ein Kreuz gehängt
Man zerschlug ein Kind, wenn es die Füße vom Klaver zerbiß
Doch man lachte, wenn? s dem Nachbarkind ein Ohr vom Kopfe riß
Blut? ge Löcher in den Köpfen zeigte man den Knaben gern
Doch von jenem Loch der Löcher hielt man sie Hieben fern

Alle glaubten an den unsichtbaren gleichen Manitu
Doch der Streit darüber, wie er aussah, ließ sie nicht in Ruh
Jene malten ihn ganz weiß und andre schwarz oder gar rot
Und von Zeit zu Zeit, da schlugen sie sich deshalb einfach tot
Ob die Hand ganz rot von Blut war und die Weste schwarz von Dreck
Das war gleich, wenn nur die Haut ganz weiß war, ohne jeden Fleck
Und den Mischer zweier Farben federte und teerte man
Oder drohte ihm für nach dem Tode Feuerqualen an
In Den guten alten Zeiten

Und wer alt war, galt als weise, und wer dick war, galt als stark
Und den fetten Greisen glaubte man aufs Wort und ohne Arg
Und wenn Wolken sich am Abend färbten, freute man sich noch
Und man fraß ganz ruhig weiter, wenn die Erde brandig roch
Denn vom Himmel fiel noch Wasser, und die Sonne war noch weit
Und der große Bär, der schlief noch, in der guten alten Zeit
Und die Erde drehte sich nicht plötzlich rückwärts und im Kreis
Doch man schaffte rüstig, bis es dann gelang, wie jeder weiß
Und da war Schluß mit jenen Zeiten

Und so hocken wir bei Neumond an der Zwischenkieferwand
Und wir lauschen dem Behaarten, der sein Instrument laut schlägt
Und wir lauschen, lauschen, lauschen nächtelang und unbewegt
Und wir träumen von den guten alten Zeiten und dem Land
Wo man überall und jederzeit genug zu fressen fand
Unsere Stammesmutter streichelt unser Jüngstes mit den Zehn
Manchmal seufzt sie:? O ihr Brutgenossen, war das früher schön

Franz Josef Degenhardt

Forum Rule says:

• Please post in English. We like having Global USMB members, but the use of other languages is too often abused in order to circumvent rules.

If this forum would be a real forum in an ancient Greek or Roman city then lots of the forum members here would be dead since a long time, because they continously try to hurt other people. But this poem in German language will kill only an idiot, because if an idiot really tries to find out what's written there, then he oversteps the borders, which make him to an idiot.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back in reality, wind turbine use is still exploding across the USA, because it's so profitable.

---
Iowa reached an impressive clean energy milestone in 2020, according to data recently released from the Energy Information Administration (EIA). Iowa produced the highest percentage of electricity by wind of any state, at 59.6%. This figure represents a sharp increase from 2019, which had the state at 42% electricity from wind.
---

Wind power is an amazing free market succes in the USA, which causes Trump cultists to hate it even more. You don't have to despise the free market to be a Trump cultist ... oh wait, you do. In the Trump cult, Marxism is mandatory. TheParty, and not the free market, decides what the power grid should be like, regardless of what it costs or how often it fails (see: Texas).
The percentage of generation has nothing to do with profitability. The vendor purchases the machinery from the manufacturer which generally needs to be overhauled every five years minimum....more in windy areas. Most often the machine is not even paid for by the time it needs an overhaul adding to the cost of the monthly payments that get passed on to consumers. Furthermore it takes 3 watts of renewable to replace 1 watt of conventional which adds to the need for additional lineage ( the most expensive part of the grid by far)....more costs that get passed on to consumers. Iowa may be at that percentage now but it most likely will not last....Like Germany they will eventually hit the wall of diminishing returns and be unable to provide to their customers at a reasonable cost. Now reasonable cost is a factor of the free market....forced, legislated alternative energy schemes are not part of the free market. (See: Germany )

JO

Everything the Left does ends up hurting people.

The German government loves to talk about the importance of green energies, but when it comes to their expansion, it is in fact doing the opposite: Old wind turbines are being removed without being replaced by new generation turbines.

Perhaps it’s beginning dawn on the German government that especially wind and solar energy just aren’t working out, and so they have massively scaled back subsidies with the aim of scaling them back. […]

The NDR [German public television] reports that in the coming years, 16 GW of wind power will be removed from the subsidy system. Almost two-thirds of this may not be replaced by new, more powerful ones.

As far as Altenstedt goes, where the three featured turbines are being dismantled, the NDR reports: “No more wind turbines may be built in Altenstedt, there are no more planning permits. The energy transition is now history here.

The remaining infrastructure: transmission lines, access roads, transformers etc. are available and are now no longer being used. In Altenstedt they will probably become the first relics of a past idea that went sour.

We don't have access to their financials but suffice it to say that Germany like any other large government machine sees the numbers and responds accordingly. What are we not being told? We are not being told that they are actually losing money and losing it big with the wind experiment. Merkel is a nuclear physicist but apparently not much of a mathematician.

Meanwhile, back in reality, wind turbine use is still exploding across the USA, because it's so profitable.

---
Iowa reached an impressive clean energy milestone in 2020, according to data recently released from the Energy Information Administration (EIA). Iowa produced the highest percentage of electricity by wind of any state, at 59.6%. This figure represents a sharp increase from 2019, which had the state at 42% electricity from wind.
---

Wind power is an amazing free market succes in the USA, which causes Trump cultists to hate it even more. You don't have to despise the free market to be a Trump cultist ... oh wait, you do. In the Trump cult, Marxism is mandatory. TheParty, and not the free market, decides what the power grid should be like, regardless of what it costs or how often it fails (see: Texas).
So America is following Germany into the abyss.

It all started when they went hysterical after Chernobyl. The Germans are like that.

They were similar with Mad Cow Disease.

British beef is still not imported into the country. To this day.

The German government loves to talk about the importance of green energies, but when it comes to their expansion, it is in fact doing the opposite: Old wind turbines are being removed without being replaced by new generation turbines.

Perhaps it’s beginning dawn on the German government that especially wind and solar energy just aren’t working out, and so they have massively scaled back subsidies with the aim of scaling them back. […]

The NDR [German public television] reports that in the coming years, 16 GW of wind power will be removed from the subsidy system. Almost two-thirds of this may not be replaced by new, more powerful ones.

As far as Altenstedt goes, where the three featured turbines are being dismantled, the NDR reports: “No more wind turbines may be built in Altenstedt, there are no more planning permits. The energy transition is now history here.

The remaining infrastructure: transmission lines, access roads, transformers etc. are available and are now no longer being used. In Altenstedt they will probably become the first relics of a past idea that went sour.

We don't have access to their financials but suffice it to say that Germany like any other large government machine sees the numbers and responds accordingly. What are we not being told? We are not being told that they are actually losing money and losing it big with the wind experiment. Merkel is a nuclear physicist but apparently not much of a mathematician.

I live in windmill country. Your post is full of bullshit and you’re linking to garbage websites to promote your lies.

Instead of fossil fuel promoting websites which use scare tactics to frighten the gullible, try this one.

The township next-door fought windmills tooth and nail and continues to fight to this day. They have claimed the windmills are noisy. They are not. They have claimed the windmills cause cancer. They do not.

The opposition forces are losing. Complaints of ugliness, “I hate them”, etc., have all proven to be false.

I live in windmill country. Your post is full of bullshit and you’re linking to garbage websites to promote your lies.

Instead of fossil fuel promoting websites which use scare tactics to frighten the gullible, try this one.

The township next-door fought windmills tooth and nail and continues to fight to this day. They have claimed the windmills are noisy. They are not. They have claimed the windmills cause cancer. They do not.

The opposition forces are losing. Complaints of ugliness, “I hate them”, etc., have all proven to be false.

Germany is heading towards a power production crash and now boasts the HIGHEST electricity prices in the world.

Power Grid Operators, Experts And Federal Audit Office Warn Of Blackouts As Coal, Nuclear Get Phased Out​

Reposted from the NoTricksZone

By P Gosselin on 23. June 2021

Excerpt:

As wildly fluctuating, weather-dependent green energies come increasingly online, German grid operators and the German Federal Audit Office are warning the German government of power blackouts. But the government is ignoring the warnings and continues to insist everything is fine.

Grid operator 50Hertz, for example, warns of energy shortages as Germany continues to shut down its nuclear and coal power plants, which currently serve to provide crucial baseload power for the grid.

Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) refuses to heed the warnings and demands of the Federal Audit Office and the country’s grid operators, insisting: “All our studies show that, on the whole, we have sufficient power for Germany.”

LINK

=======

No wonder Germany has the worlds highest Electricity prices.

Global electricity prices by select country September 2020

And there's still this.

2021 German Coal Plant “Phaseout” Lasted Only 8 Days…Put Back Online To Stabilize Shaky Grid
No Tricks Zone
Pierre Gosselin
13 April 2021

This story was published in Blackout News and translated and edited by P. Gosselin

Forum List

Back