Germany rejects Argentina's claim on Falklands recognition

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Germany on Friday rejected a claim by Argentina that a request by airline Lufthansa to fly over Argentina en route to the Falkland Islands implied a recognition of them as Argentine territory.

Argentina and Britain have long disputed ownership of the Falklands, with Argentina claiming sovereignty over the British-run islands it calls the Malvinas. The dispute led to a brief war in 1982.

Lufthansa said it made the request for two flights supporting a polar research expedition because the normal route via Cape Town has been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Shoot. That looks like USMB logic right there.

Did we just magically travel back to 1982?

If so, why am I still using The Internet and why is my hair gray?

The name it's not Falklands Islands, and they are not British Islands.

The proper name of those islands off the Argentinian coast is The Malvina Islands, and they belong to Argentina.

The proper name of those islands off the Argentinian coast is The Malvina Islands, and they belong to Argentina.

These guys disagree ...

royal-navy-defence-budget-977778.jpg

the Brits should know by now....(as much I love them and I do love them a lot).....those Islands belong to Argentina!

no more colonies ok?????????my GOD! what's wrong with you Britain?????????this is 2021...no more Queen Victoria you Brits! good grief!

1611541922236.png

Las Malvinas belong to Argentina.

PERIOD.

I posted the facts. Seriously, are you going libtard on us suddenly? Facts don't matter anymore?

Let's hear you reasoning of why you are suddenly taking on the persona of a liberal moron.
Well, she also said that Biden would never be sworn in as President. Being wrong doesn't make you a liberal, and she's wrong. A lot.

Wrong.

Argentina has no valid claim to them and gthey are the Falklands which is their proper name,

They were the Falklands and British territory BEFORE the brits handed the argentinians their ass in 82. The humiliating defeat in that war merely cements it.

Wrong.

Argentina has no valid claim to them and gthey are the Falklands which is their proper name,

They were the Falklands and British territory BEFORE the brits handed the argentinians their ass in 82. The humiliating defeat in that war merely cements it.
.....please look at the map again---it is totally idiotic for Britain to claim them....that would be like Russia claiming the Bahamas

Wrong.

.....please look at the map again---it is totally idiotic for Britain to claim them....that would be like Russia claiming the Bahamas
Doesn't have to make sense/ Geography has nothing to do with it.

Look at where American Samoa and Guam are. Their location does not dictate who they belong to.

Wrong.

Doesn't have to make sense/ Geography has nothing to do with it.

Look at where American Samoa and Guam are. Their location does not dictate who they belong to.
that's a very idiotic analogy......look at Guam on the map

Forum List

Back