German town disconnects from grid, goes 100% renewable - for an hour

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Not bad. It's exciting to watch the progression of green energy. Obviously we have a long way to go, but this is very cool. This technology will only get better.

For a brief period a few days ago, Bordesholm in Germany became a showcase for how entire communities could switch over to renewable energy, with the backing of energy storage capacity.

Solar inverter maker SMA’s devices, including its Sunny Central Storage battery inverter and SMA Hybrid Controller XL, were used in a trial whereby the town’s energy supply was disconnected from the grid, proving for a one-hour window that local energy networks could be powered stably and reliably using renewable energy.

Not bad. It's exciting to watch the progression of green energy. Obviously we have a long way to go, but this is very cool. This technology will only get better.

For a brief period a few days ago, Bordesholm in Germany became a showcase for how entire communities could switch over to renewable energy, with the backing of energy storage capacity.

Solar inverter maker SMA’s devices, including its Sunny Central Storage battery inverter and SMA Hybrid Controller XL, were used in a trial whereby the town’s energy supply was disconnected from the grid, proving for a one-hour window that local energy networks could be powered stably and reliably using renewable energy.

I think they won't apply that system as the primary one or as the only one in charge. It is too risky.

Just put the following scenario for the future.

Two volcanoes sent to the upper atmosphere millions of tons of ashes and these particles absorbed the solar rays. The temperature of earth dropped like in the 90s by the same action of a sole volcano in Philippines. Countries around the world are using the maximum potential of energy power thru fuels and coal, river water and wind motion, and this "dark age" last 5 years and lots of Germany people die freezing to death. The solar power adventure was over.

Better using electricity obtained by fuel, coal, dynamos in rivers and wind sources, plus solar panels as the additional alternative to be switched when is needed or at scheduled periods. Or doing the "back up" emergency model, like when AC current fails in the building an automatic transfer switch turns the fuel based generator to provide electric power.

In Germany they have to adopt the so called "green energy" because they can't obtained it in other way. In reality they want to be an "energy independent" country not a green energy country.

In the US there is not a need to do so, but it is a good alternative if the cost of solar power is equal or lesser than the current methods of energy.

Oil is a renewable energy- it doesn't just miraculously appear somewhere/anywhere-

Oil is a renewable energy- it doesn't just miraculously appear somewhere/anywhere-
As long as you have nuclear power and petroleum(plasic) to built the thigamabobs and diesel for the trucks, cranes, backhoes and generators to install the shit and ships to bring it over from China......and brass and gunpowder to defend it from being stolen........and the ink and paper to print it's wonderfulness and greenness.... It's completely do-able :113::113::113:

So is wood

Wood has kept me/mine warm since i can remember

Trouble is , no one can seem to convince any of the brickenstock wearing BMW driving libs running my state it's renewable?

maybe i'll burn my furniture in protest, i always run outta cordwood in March anyways

~S~

In 2019, Costa Rica has generated 67.5% of its energy from hydropower, 17% from wind, 13.5% from geothermal sources and 0.84% from biomass and solar panels. The remaining 1.16% corresponds to backup plants, Casa Presidencial says.

The Oilocracry should bomb them
7fe0f9b2f355e1aca6e3f2c0cd9a55430b9c7d9b3e844788880481c6e3c020bb.jpg

~S~

So is wood

Wood has kept me/mine warm since i can remember

Trouble is , no one can seem to convince any of the brickenstock wearing BMW driving libs running my state it's renewable?

maybe i'll burn my furniture in protest, i always run outta cordwood in March anyways

~S~

In 2019, Costa Rica has generated 67.5% of its energy from hydropower, 17% from wind, 13.5% from geothermal sources and 0.84% from biomass and solar panels. The remaining 1.16% corresponds to backup plants, Casa Presidencial says.

The Oilocracry should bomb them
7fe0f9b2f355e1aca6e3f2c0cd9a55430b9c7d9b3e844788880481c6e3c020bb.jpg

~S~
Be patient. It will surely come to pass

It really wont be oil.
GOLD is a whole different story. They have more gold than bananas

Forum List

Back